Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 4 Discussion

Interesting fact, ever wonder how Bob Geldof makes any money now days - answer SURVIVOR.
He helped develop the show, and owns shares in the production co.

Bob Geldof is convinced he invented the concept of reality TV - because his media company pioneered hit show Survivor.
The former Boomtown Rats rocker formed television company Planet 24 in 1992, and the firm produced The Big Breakfast - an early morning magazine show based in a real house - and developed the original concept for Survivor.
Read more at http://www.contactmusic.com/bob-geldof/news/geldof-invented-reality-tv_1162375#9hPTgTQ3SZOAAv8q.99

Nah I feel like Peter is getting a bad wrap here. He suffered something along the lines of a stomach virus for 12 days out there; and I reckon Ten were censoring the full extent.

Dude probably had the screaming squirts which is just uncomfortable and definitely not something you want the whole world knowing.

Just realised Bianca was in the Blue tribe. I still wish they'd heave-ho'd Caffehlartay Kat first off instead of Des and last week instead of EVAN. They're shooting themselves in the foot over and over, and probably would have auf'd their second last strong male if noble stoic Pete hadn't fallen on his sword. What a selfless man! and boy am I glad I can now root for Sue instead!
He was selfish. May be a lovely bloke, but still. Others could have had his spot.[DOUBLEPOST=1472468752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah I feel like Peter is getting a bad wrap here. He suffered something along the lines of a stomach virus for 12 days out there; and I reckon Ten were censoring the full extent.

Dude probably had the screaming squirts which is just uncomfortable and definitely not something you want the whole world knowing.
He said he had it before the game started though.

Just realised Bianca was in the Blue tribe. I still wish they'd heave-ho'd Caffehlartay Kat first off instead of Des and last week instead of EVAN. They're shooting themselves in the foot over and over, and probably would have auf'd their second last strong male if noble stoic Pete hadn't fallen on his sword. What a selfless man! and boy am I glad I can now root for Sue instead!

...haha!... another person to join me on Timmydownawell's coat tails with his sweepstakes pick lol!... I love Sue and hope she goes a long way... I wanted her in the sweepstakes and got Evan instead lol!... GO SUE!... cheers.

This is why I think tribal was cancelled - so they have the numbers to. My guess is:
20 people left, shuffle into two tribes of 10
Then re- shuffle into three tribes of 5 at 15
Then merge at 12.
9 jurors, final 3
only if they're smoking it at the time.

Iif the show was completely manipulated by producers they would have instructed the tribe to vote out Peter, so viewers would not have known he actually quit. Would that have been better?

I would have liked details. My thoughts were his colon was affected somehow or other. poor fucker. You don't just "lose your appetite" on Survivor, with all that tasty rice! It was all very weird.

But I can't fault him for going on. A bug could have been a 24-48 hour thing and he had no way of knowing he'd feel so crook twelve days or so later, and he did hang in far longer than he wanted to. They shoulda voted him out when he wanted to go and kept Bianca.

He was selfish. May be a lovely bloke, but still. Others could have had his spot.[DOUBLEPOST=1472468752][/DOUBLEPOST]
He said he had it before the game started though.

So? You spend months in casting, get picked out of thousands, and you're going to give up your place because of a virus that you assume you're going to have to deal with for like... 3-5 days? I don't blame him.

So? You spend months in casting, get picked out of thousands, and you're going to give up your place because of a virus that you assume you're going to have to deal with for like... 3-5 days? I don't blame him.
I thought he said he had it way before being dropped on the island, at least a week. A week is too long without treatment without being on Survivor.

But I can't fault him for going on. A bug could have been a 24-48 hour thing and he had no way of knowing he'd feel so crook twelve days or so later, and he did hang in far longer than he wanted to. They shoulda voted him out when he wanted to go and kept Bianca.

Agreed. This is totally on Saanapu; but I can understand you wanna take out your threats when you can.

Hey, I just realised HYBPA is a bit like celeb gogglebox - they mostly watch Tv clips and comment. So 10 do a proper celeb gogglebox with drunk celebs

I thought he said he had it way before being dropped on the island, at least a week. A week is too long without treatment without being on Survivor.

"2 days before they launched" I think his words were. As in, long after they arrived, had done pre-game interviews and press photos.

Back