Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 4 Discussion

Matt is the man for puzzles.
Putting his magic to use I suspect. Getting bored of immunity challenges all having exactly the same format though.

I get you like him. I did too. BUT others would scoop out their own kidney to get on this show, stay on this show. Even two day prior to landing, I'd pull out. Having a "bug" for two days means it's more than just a "bug"
If people are as desperate as you think they are to be on the show would you really be confessing a couple of days out that you had a "bug". You've probably think it was something which would pass soon enough and could just be nerves or a standard holiday bug and that it would pass soon enough. Pete has been honest about it whilst on the island and volunteered to be voted off at the first opportunity, allowing the others to continue and play the game. No doubt to that he'd have been checked out by medics during the period too if he was feeling so ill he was contemplating that.

OK, as we're getting a nice volume of discussion for the series and to allow people who aren't able to watch live to join in aswell I think we can justify a thread per episode from this point in, so if somebody can do the honours around 7pm on the nights of the episodes that will be great.

theres a Tegan? Is she in Darren's tribe?

Tegan is the brunette woman who went with Nick to the Hidden Immunity Idol clue/two bags of beans decisions thing and was reluctant to take the clue and lie to her tribe. She's on the yellow tribe with Nick and Barry (I guess you mean?)

Get Phoebe off my TV. Simply cannot stand her.
I've noticed that they do a lot of shots of her around the midriff area, maybe to be arty and thoughful and increase the tension of a conversation with hand wringing, but we all know it's to get a look at her bosom without being obvious. Ahem.

Putting his magic to use I suspect. Getting bored of immunity challenges all having exactly the same format though.

If people are as desperate as you think they are to be on the show would you really be confessing a couple of days out that you had a "bug". You've probably think it was something which would pass soon enough and could just be nerves or a standard holiday bug and that it would pass soon enough. Pete has been honest about it whilst on the island and volunteered to be voted off at the first opportunity, allowing the others to continue and play the game. No doubt to that he'd have been checked out by medics during the period too if he was feeling so ill he was contemplating that.
The tribe immunity challenges usually have puzzles simply to prevent a more physically dominant tribe from winning every immunity. It evens it out a bit giving weaker teams time to catch up. Though having one person freakishly dominant in puzzles means that tribe will almost always win. You should see Joe Anglim from US Survivor. He had an extra gift of visual spatial thinking and he dominates puzzle solving. His tribe won every immunity challenge the last season he was on (Cambodia Second Chances)

As I recall, everyone gets a last physical check up on the island before the game starts. Also they get checked before challenges, I think, though I'm not sure?

Rob and Stephen from RHAP,who are both former players give him a break because of his age and said he probably should not have been cast. I think having been on the island, so to speak, they understand why an older guy might quit. Younger ,fit people, not so much.

I think His tribe should have voted him out when he asked so he could leave with dignity. That has been done a couple of times in US Survivor.

I notice on the Wikipedia entry, they are saying the tribal councils have been on days 2, 5, 8 & 10. My understanding is that TC's are every second day, so it should be 2/4/6/8. I haven't been paying attention to the "Day XX" on screen but if anyone remembers tonight can we check that and correct it on the Wiki if needed?

Kylie the firefighter is on 10 news, she is doing some kind of charity run upstairs in heaps of firey gear on the weekend.
Her 2 little girls featured, they want to be just like cool mummy, work with mummy and be strong like mummy = mummy is doing a good job of being mummy.

I hope kylie becomes friends and in an alliance with my BROOKE, and they dump Flick who doesn't do much for me:)

Kylie the firefighter is on 10 news, she is doing some kind of charity run upstairs in heaps of firey gear on the weekend.
Her 2 little girls featured, they want to be just like cool mummy, work with mummy and be strong like mummy = mummy is doing a good job of being mummy.

I hope kylie becomes friends and in an alliance with my BROOKE, and they dump Flick who doesn't do much for me:)
From the little I've seen of Flick, she's a bit a piece of work.

When this episode started like ep3 with that guy (Peter I think) saying he wanted to go home I really expected that would happen this episode. It was just a bit too obvious. Though the host said he was an interesting character he didn't come across as that, a nice character most likely but that's a different thing.

I was annoyed at first with him just wanting to leave, but when he said he was ill because of something and hadn't been able to eat I went along with it more. Still a waste with Bianca going before when he could have quit earlier. Instead his waiting apparently saved Kat, who seems a goner anyway unless she makes it to a tribe mixup or a merge. Not that I mind Kat but she seems totally out of this game (as much as the woman with an idol on the other tribe).

The host seemed very critical of him though, saying he quit the game because the game was tough, even though he said it was illness not really to do with the place. That seemed a contradiction so not sure who was giving a more true account in the end.

In another tribe there was some dispute over who should have an idol. But in this game when there's only one idol an individual will use it for themselves, you can only really use one tactically for someone else if you have more than one.

And the tribe that was desperate for flint....I bet they got water somehow even if it was bottled water from the crew. You can't last 3 days without water.

Back