Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - NOW! Discussion

Slowly getting better. They're adding in more clips, more skits, more interviews, it's starting to become a viable show. I would still like to see more clips of the behind-the-scenes workings of the show, like the setting up, expectations for and execution of each trial, brief interviews with the crew involved, extra footage from the trials that didn't make it into the main show etc. And it's still suffering for the lack of guests to discuss the show with. That's what the tweets are used for in the UK version, the host will read one out and the panel will use it as a topic starter. Heather and Joel are just quickly giving a one-line opinion on each tweet then moving straight to the next.

It is slowly getting better though, I still have hope for this show. I just wish they would watch an episode of the UK version.

First time I watched this show last night. I switched off after footage of Laurina's tucker trial.:yawn:

Joel and Heather have zero chemistry. I would have preferred if it was Joel and Chrissy Swan hosting the show. I definitely won't be tuning in again.

It's frustrating, because there must be so much unseen footage, but at least two of the "exclusives" were shot for shot repeats of what we'd just seen on the main show. I think there were a couple of extra seconds, but nothing actually interesting.

Have they canned her yet?

She is atrocious.

Poor Joel.

So, as soon as they start eliminating peeps, make it Joel and the evictee host that week.
Bet Chrissie is peeved. Cut costs 10, do it from here, vacuous nothing hosts do not need to be over there.

...how dare that blond bimbo Abby Coleman say that Jo Beth will be the first out of there!... what a hide!... get her off this screen now!... cheers.

...I tell you what?... Warnie sure is right on the button about how people get voted out and just how we... the public''' vote on these issues isn't he?... one clued up dude that one!... cheers.

...I tell you what?... Warnie sure is right on the button about how people get voted out and just how we... the public''' vote on these issues isn't he?... one clued up dude that one!... cheers.
I'm at work so missed a lot of the conversations. What did he say?

I'm at work so missed a lot of the conversations. What did he say?

...he was saying that it's not necessarily what they are doing or saying in the jungle... it's all down to the editing by the producers that dictates how much exposure that they are all getting... he also said that the public's voting is dictated by whether they show you in a good light or not etc... so he's right on the ball when it comes to Reality TV for sure... he said other stuff that I can't remember at the moment too... cheers.

...he was saying that it's not necessarily what they are doing or saying in the jungle... it's all down to the editing by the producers that dictates how much exposure that they are all getting... he also said that the public's voting is dictated by whether they show you in a good light or not etc... so he's right on the ball when it comes to Reality TV for sure... he said other stuff that I can't remember at the moment too... cheers.
Yes, spot on for sure. Thanks.

It's frustrating, because there must be so much unseen footage, but at least two of the "exclusives" were shot for shot repeats of what we'd just seen on the main show. I think there were a couple of extra seconds, but nothing actually interesting.

Yeah..there is no need for repeat footage...oh here we go...Laurina in the snake pit for the THIRD time. :rolleyes:

Yeah..there is no need for repeat footage...oh here we go...Laurina in the snake pit for the THIRD time. :rolleyes:
I could watch the part where Dr Chris says she had snake musk on her and her complete non-reaction a dozen times. Presumably she doesn't know what it means.

"The musk is secreted from the cloacal scent gland, which explains why it comes with a bonus dose of urine and feces. "

Last edited:

I know right?

It is improving every episode though but there is hardly any unseen content. Though on Thursday's episode we did get to see a bit of live footage without Joel and Heather talking over it which was excellent.

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that they keep promising unseen footage and promote that it is the viewers show and claim we have the chance to say what we want to watch. Heaps of UNSEEN FOOTAGE is what we want. They are slowly putting more unseen stuff in the show but still it feels not enough.

Also they need to get rid of the boring interviews with radio personalities. Or keep them only once or twice a week.

First time I watched this show last night. I switched off after footage of Laurina's tucker trial.:yawn:

Joel and Heather have zero chemistry. I would have preferred if it was Joel and Chrissy Swan hosting the show. I definitely won't be tuning in again.

Personally I think Joel and Heather go well together.

This is probably a bit blasphemous to say on a Big Brother message board but I really do not like Chrissie. Especially when Chrissie and Joel get together. It sort of feels like the mean kids at the table with them two. I get the holier than thou vibe from them both.

I personally think the dynamic works between Heather and Joel. They are similar but different. If Chrissie and Joel were hosting it would be them agreeing with each other all the time and bitching. Quite like their time in the camp last year. Heather offers a different point of view to Joel sometimes.

...how dare that blond bimbo Abby Coleman say that Jo Beth will be the first out of there!... what a hide!... get her off this screen now!... cheers.

I think Courtney will be the first one to get evicted. I don't think she has the fan base kind of like what happened with Leisel Jones last year.

I can see Jo Beth at least staying half way through in there though Mr. Stickyfingers I do get the impression Jo Beth thinks she is Queen Bee. But I admire your loyalty (crush) to her. Hehe. :laugh:

Back