Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2016) - NOW! Discussion

Is there any footage of Brendan doing that on the field? I liked Paul's disapproving reaction. Not so much Anthony and Laurina's reactions.

And we're done. Good to see them attempt a couple of trials in the last show.

Now, about next year...

I'd be very surprised if this show is back next year. I briefly tuned in a few times and it was bad every time. Although, it probably doesn't cost a lot to produce given the sets and crew are already there, who knows whether they'll go with it again. I liked Heather on The Bach but feel like she was just used to wear skimpy clothing, like a stereotypical ditzy sidekick. They had an opportunity for Heather to present as a strong, opinionated woman who doesn't need to dress in a miniskirt and they missed the mark. Perhaps that's why Laurina has resonated with the female audience? She won't be told what to do, she won't agree to your stereotypes, and she won't take any shit.

So Shane has labelled Waleed Aly a "dick" after he asked Shane about his charity foundation and the audit on the Project last night.
Any good feelings I had towards Shane after facing the spider have vanished. No one gets to call Waleed a dick!

I finally watched this show last night.

All I can say about it. I wasted an hour of my life.

It had so much potential though. If you ever get to watch an episode of the UK version (there are a few eps on Youtube), it does add an element to their show. The problem I think is that our producers were trying to base the show on BB Uplate, rather than on the show it's meant to be based on.

It had so much potential though. If you ever get to watch an episode of the UK version (there are a few eps on Youtube), it does add an element to their show. The problem I think is that our producers were trying to base the show on BB Uplate, rather than on the show it's meant to be based on.
I agree. It also felt more about the hosts, hosts antics and professionals opinions on the celebs rather than more footage of the celebs. I did like when heather broke away and reacted with her own opinions on certain issues. It was something Gretel used to do, she wasn't afraid to have a say on what happened and it came across a lot more genuine and sincere

I'd be very surprised if this show is back next year. I briefly tuned in a few times and it was bad every time.

I thought it was great. I loved it every time. Behind the scenes, interviews with those who left, live coverage from the camp, etc.

Would be so ticked off if I'm a celeb comes back and there is no extra show. I'm annoyed that we don't have a show of it after the final main show on Sunday. It was different with the fallout zone, last year which was just live streaming which Sam mac talked over the top of so they'd have no live streaming to go to after they've left the camp but if they had the now show on Sunday we could see more behind the scenes, and more chat with the celebs rather than just being cut off rather abruptly after they give a crown.

For what it's worth I also thought Joel and heather were good value too, and thought many things with them funny, but they weren't the reason I watched.

Old news now... but I was in a waiting room this morning and an old magazine caught my eye because it had a headline like "Heather's a fake!!!" It was from when they were down to about the final 5 on The Bachelor, and it was all about how Sam Wood had fallen for Heather, but everyone was worried that she was a plant, because someone had discovered she'd done some acting work.

Personally I don't know how they come to these conclusions. Just because someone does acting, modelling or promotional work, they can't be as genuine as all the other fame seekers who apply?

Back