Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Yeah, it was long, with more information about the life of Lee Harvey Oswald than you ever wanted to know. As implied by the trailer the guy will have to spend over three years in the 1960s waiting for the big day. Anyway, I'll guess they'll chop most of the irrelevant research King chose not to when he published the book. Anyway don't let that put you off, I'll be checking it out.

Yeah, it does seem like a good show to watch. So much fascinating stuff surrounding the Kennedy assassination and all the different theories. And there was that silly Oliver Stone movie with their awful theories.

It is! You can't look away! It's so hard to not say spoilers!

Have you watched it yet @jessy_girl!

Argh, no! I'm avoiding anything I see shout it online or on tv or wherever, I'll probably be that annoying person saying "no spoilers" 10 years from now. I want to watch it though. I didn't listen to Serial until a good year plus after everyone was on the bandwagon, I'll probably do the same here and miss out on the moment and active discussion.

Argh, no! I'm avoiding anything I see shout it online or on tv or wherever, I'll probably be that annoying person saying "no spoilers" 10 years from now. I want to watch it though. I didn't listen to Serial until a good year plus after everyone was on the bandwagon, I'll probably do the same here and miss out on the moment and active discussion.
Watch it stat!

Oh, cool!! Ok I can't watch this tonight but I will try watch it over the weekend. I do worry that after all this hype it won't fully engage me, but I'll take the risk.
I don't normally choose to watch these kinds of documentaries. But this one well and truly had me in binge-fever.

Is it worth doing a My Kitchen Rules thread this year? I watched it, but I don't have much to say about it yet.

Is it worth doing a My Kitchen Rules thread this year? I watched it, but I don't have much to say about it yet.

I flicked between that and I'm a Celeb last night, the success to both of these shows is in the casting. MKR seems alright in this regard, entertaining characters and clear villains. They had the glam lawyer couple in their Porsche saying that winning $250k wouldn't really make a difference to their life because they already earn so much. Umm ok? Maybe go home then? Seriously, if you don't need the money and you have a job that involves people taking you seriously then why go on reality tv? But that's their "thing" this season I guess. Overall good cast.

I flicked between that and I'm a Celeb last night, the success to both of these shows is in the casting. MKR seems alright in this regard, entertaining characters and clear villains. They had the glam lawyer couple in their Porsche saying that winning $250k wouldn't really make a difference to their life because they already earn so much. Umm ok? Maybe go home then? Seriously, if you don't need the money and you have a job that involves people taking you seriously then why go on reality tv? But that's their "thing" this season I guess. Overall good cast.

I liked most of them so far. Well not "liked" in regard to that couple, espexcially Zana who is better than everyone at everything, but she'll be entertaining. I liked the women mates, and the mother and son team.

I liked most of them so far. Well not "liked" in regard to that couple, espexcially Zana who is better than everyone at everything, but she'll be entertaining. I liked the women mates, and the mother and son team.

Yes that's the thing, I feel I love to hate them at least which is where they get casting right as oppose to just truly hating them. I don't know anybody's names yet, but it looks like generally good viewing I think.

Although the other villain they have been advertising - the "healthy" one - looks like she might be genuinely annoying as oppose to at least entertaining like Zana.

Is anyone watching this dating show on channel 7?? Such awkward viewing. Not overly entertaining either tbh.
I am watching it (well on in the background) - so awkward!! Dating should surely not be this hard!!

I am watching it (well on in the background) - so awkward!! Dating should surely not be this hard!!

Yes I'm only half watching it too, but wow so awkward. I've not really done the whole dating thing and I've never been on a blind date so maybe I'd be just as bad. My favourite is that girl with the lengthy diatribe in which she passionately explained that she was not crazy. I actually kind of like that guy on the date with the blonde girl, his cheesy awkwardness was kind of sweet.

Yes I'm only half watching it too, but wow so awkward. I've not really done the whole dating thing and I've never been on a blind date so maybe I'd be just as bad. My favourite is that girl with the lengthy diatribe in which she passionately explained that she was not crazy. I actually kind of like that guy on the date with the blonde girl, his cheesy awkwardness was kind of sweet.
the guy who is trying to be smooth with the girl with the big hair is creeping me the F out! and yes the non crazy girl is not really selling her non craziness!

Back