Skip to main content

2016 Today I...

...I guess that my gardening things that I'm posting all of the time is probably getting a tad bit tiresome and **YAWN**... 'old hat' by now but I just have to show you this just to get it out of my system... I guess that you all remember the first terrarium that I did... this one below...

View attachment 50991

View attachment 50992

...well after the success of my second Terrarium (the Carnivorous Plant one) I just couldn't help myself and revamped my first Terrarium to include some Carnivorous Plants too... (some of the original plants went all scrawny and tattered... hence the reason for the change)... so here is the result of the revamp...

View attachment 50993

View attachment 50994

View attachment 50995

View attachment 50996

View attachment 50997

View attachment 50999

...so now I have two natural forms of insect control working for us on our back deck now lol!... do you see that closed #1 (arrow pointing to it) Venus Fly Trap leaf at the front of the last image?... that is a trapped fly in there... I was just checking to see how the bottle was going a few hours after having done it and as I was watching a fly was walking around the lip of the open bottle and crawled inside and half flew around in there for a while... realising that there wasn't really much room to fly around in there he just started to walk around and eventually went between the prongs of that particular leaf and it closed instantly... he kept shaking around in there after it had closed on him for about 10 minutes while I watched... I'm sure that he kept shouting out "HELP MEEEE!... HELP MEEEEEEE!"... just like that poor schmuck in the movie 'The Fly' lol!... I'm sure that I did lol!...

...#2... #3 and #4... have their leaves closed too so I'm assuming that they have trapped some bugs too... I went back out about 2 hours later and am sure that I could still see a little movement in the leaf but it was only just moving so I assume that the plant has started 'digesting' it lol!... (shudder!... just how would that feel?)... lol!... anyhow... I've got it out of my system now and I'll try not to post anymore 'gardening stuff' for a while... I promise... lol!... cheers.
Please can you do step-by step instructions I want to try this

Please can you do step-by step instructions I want to try this

...aw nuts!... I was so 'umming and ahhing' on whether to do step-by-step photos as I was going through the process of creating these bottles... I never thought for a moment that anyone else would like to have a go at it... how selfish of me :redface::sorry:... I'll see what I can do Lindsay my good friend... cheers.

...aw nuts!... I was so 'umming and ahhing' on whether to do step-by-step photos as I was going through the process of creating these bottles... I never thought for a moment that anyone else would like to have a go at it... how selfish of me :redface::sorry:... I'll see what I can do Lindsay my good friend... cheers.
thanks,those plants are quite expensive here so I might only be able to put one or two in.Can we have a seperate thread for it

Today I.....
1.Got a really irritating whatsapp from my dad
2.Looked on Olx for a car...part of the irritating whatsapp
3.Called the vet
4.Went to the vet to collect my parrot Casey..have breathing issues.
5.Drove to a different vet,left bird there.
6.Went to doctor as he wanted to see me after blood tests yesterday....Iron is really really low.
7.Went to shop to look at parrot cages.
8.Went home..fed other parrot new food.
9.Went to Clearwater mall
10.went to get takeaways for the parentals.
11.went home
12.Took father home...wow was that fun...not
13.played with chihuahuas
14.now totally exhausted and playing with other parent Colby

Today I.....
1.Got a really irritating whatsapp from my dad
2.Looked on Olx for a car...part of the irritating whatsapp
3.Called the vet
4.Went to the vet to collect my parrot Casey..have breathing issues.
5.Drove to a different vet,left bird there.
6.Went to doctor as he wanted to see me after blood tests yesterday....Iron is really really low.
7.Went to shop to look at parrot cages.
8.Went home..fed other parrot new food.
9.Went to Clearwater mall
10.went to get takeaways for the parentals.
11.went home
12.Took father home...wow was that fun...not
13.played with chihuahuas
14.now totally exhausted and playing with other parent Colby
Is Casey OK and are you?

Is Casey OK and are you?
She is still at the vet,has some sort of fungal infection.They put a tube in to help her breathe and did scopes today.Going to see
how she is tomorrow and if the breathing is any worse they will scope again and see if they can get any more gunk out.When I go collect
I must take my other parrot with so they can just check him as it could be from the seed.Changing to bird pellets now.

I am okay just been tired lately,about a year or so ago I had a lot of hair fall out so had my blood tested and it was really bad.Decided last week to ask for a re-test and it is better but still very low.Also had allergy tests because I had a bad reaction on friday to something I ate but have to go for specific ones,probably flavorants or colorants

She is still at the vet,has some sort of fungal infection.They put a tube in to help her breathe and did scopes today.Going to see
how she is tomorrow and if the breathing is any worse they will scope again and see if they can get any more gunk out.When I go collect
I must take my other parrot with so they can just check him as it could be from the seed.Changing to bird pellets now.

I am okay just been tired lately,about a year or so ago I had a lot of hair fall out so had my blood tested and it was really bad.Decided last week to ask for a re-test and it is better but still very low.Also had allergy tests because I had a bad reaction on friday to something I ate but have to go for specific ones,probably flavorants or colorants

Maybe from a mossie? Mosquito? Feel better soon and Good Luck with your Birds ;)

Whatsapp'd client to ask if I could come later - he said if I was still sick to stay home was ok - yay, so slept those three hours, then tutored 2 students, and built two ikea shelves for someone. Got some groceries.

Today I .....went to buy Casey our parrot a HUGE cage,it's so awesome,has a big play area.Poor Casey is still at the vet she
has Aspergillosis,which is a fungal infection..if anyone feeds their birds peanuts...stop!!

Today I .....went to buy Casey our parrot a HUGE cage,it's so awesome,has a big play area.Poor Casey is still at the vet she
has Aspergillosis,which is a fungal infection..if anyone feeds their birds peanuts...stop!!

aww your poor little girl. Hopefully now they know what it is, she'll respond well to treatment & will be home checking out the new cage soon x

Hope she's ok soon. Didn't know that about peanits. My aunty's cocky loves a peanut.

Workload/planning Meeting with my Boss. Drafted up Application to get Client Upgraded Level of Care. Two Clients. Met with Colleague. Home and some Cooking. Just texted first Client though to stay I am still sick. Which I am and its really pissing me off.

aww your poor little girl. Hopefully now they know what it is, she'll respond well to treatment & will be home checking out the new cage soon x

Hope she's ok soon. Didn't know that about peanits. My aunty's cocky loves a peanut.

Missed the vet last night so I emailed and they emailed me at 9:30pm and said that the Bisolvin had worked and they were able to extract a huge fungal mass and the trachea was clear,will let me know today.I was so worried this is my hubbies bird and I was worried of how he would react if he lost his bird,my parrot is the smaller one,they each have their human

Back