Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

We love you @Tim. You are like our Oprah

57964291.jpg

So back on topic. I've come to the conclusion that at this moment in time I'm not expecting BB to ever come back. I don't see room for it next year and the fact that's it's been on hiatus twice now makes me doubt even more that a return is possible. So just my opinion but I'm still hopping there's a chance.

I read someone post on the Big Brother Australia Facebook page claiming Channel Ten plan to buy the rights once Channel Nine's expire early/mid next year, holding auditions in late 2016 and having it air in April 2016. He also claimed to have connections to Network Ten. It's quite sad that my biggest glimmer of hope rests on someone who could very well just be a sociopathic troll.

I read someone post on the Big Brother Australia Facebook page claiming Channel Ten plan to buy the rights once Channel Nine's expire early/mid next year, holding auditions in late 2016 and having it air in April 2016. He also claimed to have connections to Network Ten. It's quite sad that my biggest glimmer of hope rests on someone who could very well just be a sociopathic troll.

It's a troll believe me, he's not the first. One women claims that her father works for ten and that it's coming back in a few weeks. Another said that big brother all starts is coming in 2017 and according to her priya confirmed it.

Do you think we can get some hope, just from the fact that even a year on they still haven't taken down the BB site?

When it was on Ten, it went only after a few months

Well the fact that channel Nine have a new poll on their website is enough hope for me that it will soon return. :)

Their site has basically transited I touch for the past year, so why now do they update it? ;)

Do you think we can get some hope, just from the fact that even a year on they still haven't taken down the BB site?

When it was on Ten, it went only after a few months

I think it's because even though 2014 was a flop they still have been considering it ever since. This gives me hope as it basically says channel are indeed considering and are curious to ask the public what they think. This honestly gives me hope for 2016 now! I was convinced it wasn't coming back however now this comelltly makes me feel more confident!

That poll is laughable... If it was really able to make a serious impact they be pimping the shit out of it and not quietly posting it on a low traffic subsection of thier website... That said the 95% in favor of a return could be grossly inflated based on the number of overall votes... I mean 4.7/5 is 94%...

The poll most likely means nothing tbh. bigbrother.com.au now no longer directs to Nine's website and instead goes to endemolshine.com.au.

Ju
The poll should really ask:

Would you like to see Big Brother return to Channel 9?

- Yes, I want it back on Nine
- No, I want it on another network

The results might be rather different.
Jump-in polls were always driven to achieve a predetermined outcome. :facepalm:

500 odd votes

That is a stretch... With BB off air and as @Rison said the bigbrother.com.au URL directing to Endemol/Shine are they even getting 500+ visitors?

Also how do we know this poll was a "recent" addition? Looks to me like it fits along with the register your interest strategy they were using for auditions at the end of the last series... And if the poll is in fact new it's so obscure that they'd be extremely lucky if they had even reached triple digits....

We went through stuff like this the last time BB was off-air and it's really just rabid fans looking for any possible way to make it look like BB is coming back...

Last edited:
Ju

Jump-in polls were always driven to achieve a predetermined outcome. :facepalm:

The poll should really ask:

Would you like to see Big Brother return to Channel 9?

- Yes, I want it back on Nine
- No, I want it on another network

The results might be rather different.

Whether or not the poll is there to produce a pre determined result or not the fact still remains that even if the result was a resounding "NO" it wouldn't have any impact on the fate of BB...

At the end of the day it's advertising revenue that drives commercial television and not the opinion of a group of fanboys...

link?

Back