Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

Well I guess channel nine started the robot ideas with Sonia

If it where to ever come back on NINE I could not in any way tolerate another year with Somia Krueger as host. I don't need someone to tell me every fucking five seconds that we've had the most votes then ever before or this is the biggest eviction yet or even just hearing her speak like a five year old. She reads from an auto cue and has no personality and is horrible at interviewing evictees. Very nice lady but isn't right for big brother. That's where Gretel was better, yes she was upfront, maybe a little bit rude and maybe just a flat out bitch and yes her dress sense was appalling but she made good television. She was straight to the point and grilled housemates when they got evicted. She was an author she wrote her own scripts. Although she seems that she wants nothing to do with the show my ideal host would be Gretel!

Even better, what if it came back to ten and Julia Morris hosted it?
If Julia Morris hosted it, I would never watch it even if it was the best season yet!
I've always thought that any revival should follow the original and cast a relative unknown...
I agree 100% with you, they should find a unknown host and see if the audience likes them!
If it where to ever come back on NINE I could not in any way tolerate another year with Somia Krueger as host. I don't need someone to tell me every fucking five seconds that we've had the most votes then ever before or this is the biggest eviction yet or even just hearing her speak like a five year old. She reads from an auto cue and has no personality and is horrible at interviewing evictees. Very nice lady but isn't right for big brother. That's where Gretel was better, yes she was upfront, maybe a little bit rude and maybe just a flat out bitch and yes her dress sense was appalling but she made good television. She was straight to the point and grilled housemates when they got evicted. She was an author she wrote her own scripts. Although she seems that she wants nothing to do with the show my ideal host would be Gretel!
Very Well said, spot on! Good Job @Dennis Haikalis !

Sonia was never the problem, as seen in her various other roles - hell even when she was doing that morning show when Big Brother was airing she was human. She was only ever robotic on Big Brother, which STRONGLY suggests they had crippled her and basically forced her to stick to whatever they put on the autocue. The most improv she would've been allowed to do would've been saying "it is the biggest eviction" instead if "it's the biggest eviction".

The issue was behind the scenes, not in front of the camera.

Sonia was never the problem, as seen in her various other roles - hell even when she was doing that morning show when Big Brother was airing she was human. She was only ever robotic on Big Brother, which STRONGLY suggests they had crippled her and basically forced her to stick to whatever they put on the autocue. The most improv she would've been allowed to do would've been saying "it is the biggest eviction" instead if "it's the biggest eviction".

The issue was behind the scenes, not in front of the camera.

I still think as a presenter in general she isn't up there as one of the best. I find her quite cringe worthy to watch in all honesty. And then I guess big brother needs to get a new production team (OBVIOUSLY)

I don't know, she was very wooden. You are probably right that she had to stick to the script, but when she would deliver a line then immediately smile, I just imaged the autocue:

"GOOD EVENING AND WELCOME TO BIG BROTHER" (smile)
If she had to stick to 100% to the script, the role would've been boring as fuck and anyone would've quickly started phoning it in and not giving a fuck like Sonia quickly did. Being contractually tied to the show too, knowing that you can't escape would've been a massive drag too.

If she had to stick to 100% to the script, the role would've been boring as fuck and anyone would've quickly started phoning it in and not giving a fuck like Sonia quickly did. Being contractually tied to the show too, knowing that you can't escape would've been a massive drag too.

Contracts are EASILY broken... If Sonia was unhappy with the role it's not as if a gun was held to her head...

Back