Skip to main content

So... Back in forever?

Hey SBS2 often have great shows on so maybe they could do Big Brother? Yeah, I think that could work.

Hey SBS2 often have great shows on so maybe they could do Big Brother? Yeah, I think that could work.

Facepalm-Meme-03.jpg

It's impossible to anyway. SBS's target audience, with the selection of shows they have, it would inevitably be a huge disaster. I highly doubt they could fund a season of big brother to. It would be in excess of $15 million, I don't know the exact number but it would definitely be WAY more than that. They spend more than that on the block and Big Brother would have a much bigger crew. That's excluding rights to I would think.

TBL has been tanking for years. I only see 1 year left at best if its renewed.

I think the issue right now is what to replace it with... I'm not up on my TBL... But what's the average rating been for the last few series?

If I were Ten I'd be looking to replace it with a hot new series vs a stale old piece of toast...

I think the issue right now is what to replace it with... I'm not up on my TBL... But what's the average rating been for the last few series?

If I were Ten I'd be looking to replace it with a hot new series vs a stale old piece of toast...

Up until 2011 it rated over a million. Since then it has lowered every year. 2012 was around 850,000. 2013 was around 650,000 and last years ranged from 200,000-300,000. This years is managing a current average of 590,000. However the finale of TBL has always rated well. The last three years have all rated low but the finales have all been watched by 1 Million viewers.

WOULD HAVE... NOT SHOULD HAVE... The fact that Alex stayed on as EP for as long as he did is a pretty clear indication that he was completely onboard with the direction the show was going in... The fact that Alex was so quick to find a new job after Nine had cancelled BB is also another strong indication that he didn't need to stay with BB... He CHOSE to stay which in turn backs up my initial argument that he was completely ok with Nine's vision...
WOULD HAVE... NOT SHOULD HAVE... The fact that Alex stayed on as EP for as long as he did is a pretty clear indication that he was completely onboard with the direction the show was going in... The fact that Alex was so quick to find a new job after Nine had cancelled BB is also another strong indication that he didn't need to stay with BB... He CHOSE to stay which in turn backs up my initial argument that he was completely ok with Nine's vision...

There was never a need to stay as much as a love for the show, I think you have misread the situation this time and Goons version is much closer to the truth.

There was never a need to stay as much as a love for the show, I think you have misread the situation this time and Goons version is much closer to the truth.

I CAN'T! Alex is just as much at fault for BB's failures as Channel 9 is and it's time the man took some personal responsibility for it... END OF...

Back