Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

Can I just say... The couch in last night's show... YES!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you producers. It looked so much more comfortable to conduct an interview.

If this is the work of the new love shoe producer. Well done.
Love shoe *haha*

Live show*

Reactions: MJL
Does anyone know where I can get any of the music used on any of the shows in any series?
And by music I don't mean commercial I mean BB music. :)

Couldn't they find a more hideous couch? Seems they can't do anything right this year - even sofa shopping!

Couldn't they find a more hideous couch? Seems they can't do anything right this year - even sofa shopping!

Hey, it's better than the Strobing Armchairs.

Live show thoughts:

Mad Auntie Sonia's entrances are getting awkwarder by the day:

lZaUSYQ.gif

MhNd5Ii.gif

I actually loved the live show, though... the latest Monday Night Live and "tonight's" eviction have made everything "click" for me and I've started properly enjoying the series.

More of this, please:

vlcsnap-2014-09-23-22h39m41s122.jpg
  • Giant Eviction Ghosts!™
  • Sofas
  • Having an ad break before the evictee enters the studio instead of suggesting they somehow walked up the stairs and turned up in a ground-level studio five minutes away from the House (I'm looking at you, past Big Brothers)
  • The social media thing, although I did miss the infographics with the stick people from last year
Less of this, please:

vlcsnap-2014-09-23-22h39m25s212.jpg
  • This is not how graphs work
vlcsnap-2014-09-23-22h40m13s157.jpg
  • "You've been a great Housemate! Here are your KFC® So Good™ highlights!" "No thanks, I feel unclean :unsure:"
  • Sonia reading "(TO THE AUDIENCE)" off the autocue
  • Sonia standing like she's holding an invisible sandwich in her free hand
  • The second shot of Mikey G trying to get the crowd to cheer in as many weeks
Also they're not really using the fancypants crane, are they? I know there's only about ten people in the crowd these days, but give us a sweeping shot of them, for god's sake. Also please bring back the "iconic" steadicam shot up the walkway, it looked so good and the camera is way too static now. :thumbsdown:

Would anybody like @marquisite or @buck07 be able to tell me the notes for the main Big Brother intro theme (the one that goes: daaaaaaaaa da da da da daaaaaaa da da da da daaaaaaa da da da daaaaaaaa ........ da da da da da da da da da).
I've been trying to create my own version but I am just guessing the notes and it doesn't sound quite right. Thank you. :)

Rant Begins:

I think the problem with New BB is the fact that it isn't Australian.

Sonia is the least Australian Australian there ever could be. She doesn't act with the audience and is far from relatable. Her humour is far from funny and material NEEDS to be original (Take the fake eviction gag)! Talking about originality, we are stealing ideas from International Big Brother, not being creative and coming up with stuff ourselves (Take the Diary Room Chair and Lighting). Classic Big Brother (2001-08) was perfect with the live feeds etc. and GRETEL KILLEEN! SONIA HAS KILLED BIG BROTHER LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER KILLS WEEDS! We need to get a presenter that (A) Isn't a soulless, ugly twat, and, (B) Can actually act with the audience without being awkward and scripted. The house is very fake, too shiny and Un-Australian. It's like that guy from BB 2004 that said he was Australian, even though he was German (Not saying that's a bad thing at all, Now, I CONTINUE). The housemates NEED to NOT have a StarNow profile! What's the point if they have already had publicity and screentime. The Big Brother production team needs to fire Edward Scissor Hands as head editor and evicted housemates do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT, need rewards from crappy online tech salesmen. 5,000 DOLLARS! It is okay to give a reward at the end but NOT $5,000! Housemates were getting a 3Mobile Phone and NOTHING ELSE! FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS!!! WHYYYYY! Now before I get off point, Why does BBAU2014 feel like a 1980's sitcom? OH WAIT! IT IS!

Rant Ends due to blood pressure levels rising!

Discuss

Rant Begins:

The Big Brother production team needs to fire Edward Scissor Hands as head editor and evicted housemates do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT, need rewards from crappy online tech salesmen. 5,000 DOLLARS! It is okay to give a reward at the end but NOT $5,000! Housemates were getting a 3Mobile Phone and NOTHING ELSE! FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS!!! WHYYYYY!

I guess you've conveniently forgotten 2004-07, when evicted HMs went home with trips to Singapore, $2,000 cash, 3Mobile phones, and..... A NEW CAR!!!!!!

I guess you've conveniently forgotten 2004-07, when evicted HMs went home with trips to Singapore, $2,000 cash, 3Mobile phones, and..... A NEW CAR!!!!!!

Okay a renewal to my previous remarks:

Rant Begins:

I think the problem with New BB is the fact that it isn't Australian.

Sonia is the least Australian Australian there ever could be. She doesn't act with the audience and is far from relatable. Her humour is far from funny and material NEEDS to be original (Take the fake eviction gag)! Talking about originality, we are stealing ideas from International Big Brother, not being creative and coming up with stuff ourselves (Take the Diary Room Chair and Lighting). Classic Big Brother (2001-08) was perfect with the live feeds etc. and GRETEL KILLEEN! SONIA HAS KILLED BIG BROTHER LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER KILLS WEEDS! We need to get a presenter that (A) Isn't a soulless, ugly twat, and, (B) Can actually act with the audience without being awkward and scripted. The house is very fake, too shiny and Un-Australian. It's like that guy from BB 2004 that said he was Australian, even though he was German (Not saying that's a bad thing at all, Now, I CONTINUE). The housemates NEED to NOT have a StarNow profile! What's the point if they have already had publicity and screentime. The Big Brother production team needs to fire Edward Scissor Hands as head editor.

Rant Ends due to blood pressure levels rising!

Discuss

Haha I saw that too and thought 'That was straight off the autocue I reckon", trying to think if Sonia's ever referred to the audience by 'name' before with her little questions. lol.
She made a joke of it on Mornings today and played the clip.

Back