Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Media Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just you wait next it will be "Ben Joins Coles Online: Get's His Veggie Patties Delivered to His Door".

[MENTION=3469]Veronica2005[/MENTION] As soon as he pretended he didn't know how to cook a pattie I knew he was full of shit. His helpless act is just that: an act, albeit an entertaining one.

Helpless my ass,not to mention all that crying...while removing his glasses and his teary,glistening eyes stare
directly into the camera's.Creepy,Creepy!!

What did Tim say about Ed,it was on the article that he said something about Ed but I cannot view it from my location
http://www.yourtv.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1161074&showcomments=true

Journo asked them who they'd kill if everyone in the house were in a Hunger Games scenario.

Tim answers Tahan. "She's got the killer instinct in her."

Drew says Ed. Tim starts laughing and says "I forgot about him."

Drew: "Just to say you did it."

Tim: "You know what? If we kill Jade then I think that would kill Ed. He's just riding her back now. Literally." As Drew pisses himself laughing.

Journo asked them who they'd kill if everyone in the house were in a Hunger Games scenario.

Tim answers Tahan. "She's got the killer instinct in her."

Drew says Ed. Tim starts laughing and says "I forgot about him."

Drew: "Just to say you did it."

Tim: "You know what? If we kill Jade then I think that would kill Ed. He's just riding her back now. Literally." As Drew pisses himself laughing.

LOL that is so funny..JadeEd....fake,fake,fake just like Ben

[MENTION=677]marquisite[/MENTION], read through all the posts from Page 41 onward. Reckon it warrants a front page article? ;)

The many fake layers of Ben continue.

Why does he continue to pretend to be this other person that doesnt know how to use social media and that he is just Ben from Brisbane no prior Comedy act etc? Hes making it a bigger deal in my opinion. If he had just come out and said yes I did those gigs and not say I had to have help from Rohan to get on the internet. Why lie about it all? Its odd really!

Why does he continue to pretend to be this other person that doesnt know how to use social media and that he is just Ben from Brisbane no prior Comedy act etc? Hes making it a bigger deal in my opinion. If he had just come out and said yes I did those gigs and not say I had to have help from Rohan to get on the internet. Why lie about it all? Its odd really!

Yeah, its infuriating. Fair enough (I guess) if this was "schtick" to try and win the show, but BB is over now. He would probably have a lot more support if he was upfront about these things, instead of trying to play the public like fools. It's almost insulting.

...Ben talking to his mum and nana's photos gave it away that it was all an act to me as I portrayed on a few occasions in the 'Photoshop Thread'... the fact that he is probably still 'in character' as we speak is really slapping all his fans in the teeth that supported him because as far as I'm concerned he is still playing them for fools ... the trouble is... if he stops being 'hapless' Ben and finally reverts back to 'normal' Ben when he's finished his 15 minutes in the spotlight he may actually be a less pleasant version of what he is portraying now... perhaps he should stay 'in character' for many more years to come to stay 'popular'... perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way and he's a bloody nice bloke but my instincts are usually pretty spot on... well that's my take on it all anyhow... and no... I don't like him... (does it show?... lol!)... cheers.

I think this has been posted previously? Have added here for anyone who missed it.

Big Brother has left the building

Big Brother 2013 | What happens when Australia’s largest reality production wraps for the year? In a piece that first appeared in Encore, Brooke Hemphill visits the set of Big Brother for the final two days of the 2013 shoot to find out.

Read full article @
http://mumbrella.com.au/big-brother-2013-190714

...Ben talking to his mum and nana's photos gave it away that it was all an act to me as I portrayed on a few occasions in the 'Photoshop Thread'... the fact that he is probably still 'in character' as we speak is really slapping all his fans in the teeth that supported him because as far as I'm concerned he is still playing them for fools ... the trouble is... if he stops being 'hapless' Ben and finally reverts back to 'normal' Ben when he's finished his 15 minutes in the spotlight he may actually be a less pleasant version of what he is portraying now... perhaps he should stay 'in character' for many more years to come to stay 'popular'... perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way and he's a bloody nice bloke but my instincts are usually pretty spot on... well that's my take on it all anyhow... and no... I don't like him... (does it show?... lol!)... cheers.

Agree with all that...he can join the bradley club from last year.Didnt like him either

I think this has been posted previously? Have added here for anyone who missed it.

Big Brother has left the building

Big Brother 2013 | What happens when Australia’s largest reality production wraps for the year? In a piece that first appeared in Encore, Brooke Hemphill visits the set of Big Brother for the final two days of the 2013 shoot to find out.

Read full article @
http://mumbrella.com.au/big-brother-2013-190714

Fascinating article, thanks for posting.

I wish BBUK would take a page from the BBau production team regarding

And this year’s cast has taught Blackburn an important lesson that will stick with him for series to come: Big Brother works best when the cast is made up of intelligent people.

Blackburn says: “People always think reality TV is for dumb, bogan idiots who get thrown into a house and misbehave but I’ve decided this year, they have to be smart, ultimately. If you look at someone like Tim, he’s a clever guy. All the other stuff you get that people like – people hooking up, and the rows, the bad human behaviour, you will still get that off doctors and lawyers and politicians, university academics. We all are capable of getting pissed, saying the wrong thing, arguing, being surly, being trivial – all those things, human beings do anyway. You just need the baseline of someone who is intelligent enough to know what’s going on around them and form an opinion and articulate that opinion because you don’t have any show unless people are talking about shit.”

I don't dislike him, but I agree with you 100%. :)

What price fame?

Just $350, apparently, if you're two of the most talked-about reality TV stars to come off the never-ending celebrity conveyor belt.

Last week PS was offered, for $350, a set of photos of Big Brother contestants Drew and Tully slobbering all over each other. Later that day the pair were spotted inside a publicist's office gathering all the free goodies they could handle, in the hope that they would be seen endorsing the various brands of clothes and accessories during their proverbial ''15 minutes''.

It all seemed terribly panicked and rushed, as if they knew their time in the limelight would be ever so fleeting. And there's a good chance it will be.

After more than a decade of similar shows, everlasting fame does not appear to stick around for many of these, dare we call them, ''winners''. To prove my point, let's take a TV celebrity knowledge test, and no Googling allowed.

Who won Big Brother Australia in 2002?

Ever heard of Peter Corbett? No? Never fear, you are like almost everyone else I asked this question.

However, in 2002, 1.5 million people tuned in to see Peter win the second series of Big Brother, nearly double the number who tuned in a few weeks ago to watch Tim Dormer win the 2013 series.

Peter was a quiet, unassuming guy whose post-Big Brother career highlight appears to have been becoming a Daffodil Day ambassador. While a very admirable endorsement, little else has been heard of him since.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/you-win-some--20131122-2xzcs.html#ixzz2lXD43jq9

What price fame?

Just $350, apparently, if you're two of the most talked-about reality TV stars to come off the never-ending celebrity conveyor belt.

Last week PS was offered, for $350, a set of photos of Big Brother contestants Drew and Tully slobbering all over each other. Later that day the pair were spotted inside a publicist's office gathering all the free goodies they could handle, in the hope that they would be seen endorsing the various brands of clothes and accessories during their proverbial ''15 minutes''.

It all seemed terribly panicked and rushed, as if they knew their time in the limelight would be ever so fleeting. And there's a good chance it will be.

After more than a decade of similar shows, everlasting fame does not appear to stick around for many of these, dare we call them, ''winners''. To prove my point, let's take a TV celebrity knowledge test, and no Googling allowed.

Ever heard of Peter Corbett? No? Never fear, you are like almost everyone else I asked this question.

However, in 2002, 1.5 million people tuned in to see Peter win the second series of Big Brother, nearly double the number who tuned in a few weeks ago to watch Tim Dormer win the 2013 series.

Peter was a quiet, unassuming guy whose post-Big Brother career highlight appears to have been becoming a Daffodil Day ambassador. While a very admirable endorsement, little else has been heard of him since.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/you-win-some--20131122-2xzcs.html#ixzz2lXD43jq9

Its interesting that they mention Peter in this article. I dont think he was ever looking for stardom. They were the good old days when Housemates mostly were every day people not looking for media careers. Peter had a brother he was looking after and the money would have helped him support him and from memory he was doing a University course, which he probably is working in that field. So its irrelevant that we haven't heard much about him since that time as Im pretty sure Peter wouldnt care and would be happy that he doesn't cop the hate on Twitter that this bunch of Housemates do.

But I do agree fame is fleeting and the kissy photos aren't even worth $350! ;)

What price fame?

We haven't heard of Peter because he was the WORST. WINNER. EVER. How on earth he won still consumes my mind to this day!

We haven't heard of Peter because he was the WORST. WINNER. EVER. How on earth he won still consumes my mind to this day!

Haha. It's been consuming your mind for a long time then. However that actually discredits this article in a way. [MENTION=16031]mikidiki[/MENTION] still remembers peter very clearly!! Haha

Peter only won on Sympathy vote. It was a very sad story, (his parents passed away and he was raising his little brother, i think?), but he was pretty boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back