Big Brother 2014 will be launching on September 7th, for those who are lucky enough to acquire launch show tickets at Dreamworld. Everyone else will need to wait until September 8th for the TV premiere on Nine.
The pre-season promo campaign has been slow to start this year, but is expected to storm into action tonight from 7:30 pm. We’ve been given a teaser of what is to come in the promo.
With a much later start date this year, information has been scarce. But here’s what we do know:
- “A STORM IS COMING” – That’s BB’s promo campaign.
- BB launches on September 7 (Sunday), with a TV premiere of September 8 (Monday). Launch tickets on sale now – UPDATED: Tickets are now restricted to those with a presale code. You’ll have to wait until the 18th if you do not have a presale code.
- The launch is spread over two days, with the final few housemates entering during the first live show of the season, titled The Storm Has Arrived, to air on September 9 (Tuesday). Tickets to this show are available here.
- Big Brother will be airing later, at 8:30 pm, on some nights due to Nine’s other reality show The Block airing at the same time of year in BB’s usual timeslot and extended news/current affairs.
- A later start date means the series will be shorter than usual, unless Channel 9 decide to run into the ‘non-rating’ period. With TV ratings concluding on November 30, the series likely won’t be longer than 80 days.
- The house has been gutted – two bedrooms to return, mystery stairs leading off the yard and lots of big palm trees. Here’s what the compound looked like from above at the beginning of June: