Skip to main content

What you have Missed - Finale Newsreel

Should just be a montage of Tony Abbott breaking election promises.
Tony Abbott threatening world leaders
Tony Abbott now paying people to burn our forests to reduce emissions.....

Just generally Tony Abbott being a cunt.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Philae spacecraft just landed on a comet for the first time in mankind. It traveled for more than 10 years and over 6.4 billion km to reach comet 67P.

One of the biggest things we've ever accomplished in space.

Congratulations!!

Philae spacecraft just landed on a comet for the first time in mankind. It traveled for more than 10 years and over 6.4 billion km to reach comet 67P.

One of the biggest things we've ever accomplished in space.

Congratulations!!
I missed it. Do you think they can do it again? ;)

But seriously, a decade to get there. It's amazing that this is being achieved with technology that would be at least 15 years old. :wideyed:

She was transferred to hospital on the 28th August, after being resuscitated.

August 30th Hms go into lockdown (even if the timezones shift this a day):

A you say, she died September 4th.

So, no, they may have been aware that she was critically ill, but not passed. RIP. :(
Oh, awesome (not that her death was...RIP!)

Just wondering, where are they when they're in lockdown? Where do they go? :conf:

Everything you said.

Lets fact check.

Do you really want me to list the broken promises?

No cuts to the ABC.
No new taxes or raising of taxes.
No cuts to health, no shutting medicare locals
No cuts to education, no changes to existing university funding arrangement
His NBN stuff.
Send a vessel to monitor whaling.
Spend first week with the Yolngu people
No cuts to pensions.
All 100m plus infrastructure projects to have a cost benefit analysis.
No adverse changes to superannuation.
One million solar energy roofs over 10 years.
Building replacement subs in Adelaide.
Changes to penalty rates

and a bunch of other things. Some are in progress and what he's trying to do.

So yes, he has broken promises. No one doubts this. Not even the liberals who registered domain names about Abbott lying and breaking promises before releasing the budget.

What else did I apparently get wrong.

'Threatening world leaders.' What exactly do you think threatening to body slam Valamir Putin is? A warm gesture? It's a physical threat. Do I think he ever intended to physically assault Putin. No. But it still is a threat.

Which he also then backed off his comments about a strong confrontation and then made shit up to Putin about how America responded to the downing of Iranian air flight 655. Take responsibility, be honest and apologise. Saying Putin should follow suit. Which is hilarious if you know how America responded to that.

Then paying people to burn forests. Also true. His direct action policy specially allows credits to be paid for burning Tasmania's forests for electricity.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ccfia2011355/s27.html

So yeah, I can't see what I said was incorrect.

He has broken a bunch of promises.
He said he would shirt front Putin.
His direct action policy allows payments for burning forests.

Lets fact check.

Do you really want me to list the broken promises?

No cuts to the ABC.
No new taxes or raising of taxes.
No cuts to health, no shutting medicare locals
No cuts to education, no changes to existing university funding arrangement
His NBN stuff.
Send a vessel to monitor whaling.
Spend first week with the Yolngu people
No cuts to pensions.
All 100m plus infrastructure projects to have a cost benefit analysis.
No adverse changes to superannuation.
One million solar energy roofs over 10 years.
Building replacement subs in Adelaide.
Changes to penalty rates

and a bunch of other things. Some are in progress and what he's trying to do.

So yes, he has broken promises. No one doubts this. Not even the liberals who registered domain names about Abbott lying and breaking promises before releasing the budget.

What else did I apparently get wrong.

'Threatening world leaders.' What exactly do you think threatening to body slam Valamir Putin is? A warm gesture? It's a physical threat. Do I think he ever intended to physically assault Putin. No. But it still is a threat.

Which he also then backed off his comments about a strong confrontation and then made shit up to Putin about how America responded to the downing of Iranian air flight 655. Take responsibility, be honest and apologise. Saying Putin should follow suit. Which is hilarious if you know how America responded to that.

Then paying people to burn forests. Also true. His direct action policy specially allows credits to be paid for burning Tasmania's forests for electricity.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ccfia2011355/s27.html

So yeah, I can't see what I said was incorrect.

He has broken a bunch of promises.
He said he would shirt front Putin.
His direct action policy allows payments for burning forests.

They all lie but this country is still in a better situation then what it was in when he took over. The money has also got to come from some where so we can make headway on all this debt that Labor have always accumulated when they have been in power.

They all lie but this country is still in a better situation then what it was in when he took over. The money has also got to come from some where so we can make headway on all this debt that Labor have always accumulated when they have been in power.

Wait a minute, you claimed that I was wrong. Then when confronted with more information you can't refute, now you're saying I was right but it doesn't matter.

You truly are a Liberal supporter.

You should never accept politicians lying. Especially to the extent that Abbott has.

The country actually financially in a worse state than when Abbott got into office. Oh wait, it's all Labors fault... Even though all national and international financial publications and institutions that have commented on the 'debt crisis' have stated it was a deception, it doesn't exist and Australia has been doing exceptionally well given the recent global economic situation. When the liberals came to office there was low unemployment, low inflation, steady growth and a triple-A rating.

Abbott's policies have been hitting hard Australian industry and manufacturing. Which is leading to lower growth, more unemployment and potentially higher inflation. He is also increasing the debt. Signing the free trade agreement with China will only make matters worse. As well as the behind doors TPP, which he won't even let politicians outside of cabinet have access to drafts of it. Which is unusual, given members of parliament in other countries involved in the treaty have access.

So he is worse, and setting the country on a bad path. Hence why the business community is lowing faith in the strength of the economy and the government.

Further, his anti-education and anti-science stance will potentially have long lasting effects on the future of Australia to compete in a global economy. Opening up the free trade with China will cripple the failing manufacturing sector further. on top of his allowing industries to go belly up and reversal of promise to support ship building. Resources prices are falling. So as they continue to fall, what will drive the Australian economy if resources are diminishing. We can't manufacture. We don't have the skills, knowledge and technological know how to compete?

Not to mention his horrendous impact on Australia's global standing. Human rights, war mongering, hurting diplomatic relations, to his active efforts to stop global action on climate change. Trying to shut down the g20 debate. When he was trying to form an anti-climate change coalition with Canada to thwart American action.

I don't see how anyone can actively support this.

Wait a minute, you claimed that I was wrong. Then when confronted with more information you can't refute, now you're saying I was right but it doesn't matter.

You truly are a Liberal supporter.

You should never accept politicians lying. Especially to the extent that Abbott has.

The country actually financially in a worse state than when Abbott got into office. Oh wait, it's all Labors fault... Even though all national and international financial publications and institutions that have commented on the 'debt crisis' have stated it was a deception, it doesn't exist and Australia has been doing exceptionally well given the recent global economic situation. When the liberals came to office there was low unemployment, low inflation, steady growth and a triple-A rating.

Abbott's policies have been hitting hard Australian industry and manufacturing. Which is leading to lower growth, more unemployment and potentially higher inflation. He is also increasing the debt. Signing the free trade agreement with China will only make matters worse. As well as the behind doors TPP, which he won't even let politicians outside of cabinet have access to drafts of it. Which is unusual, given members of parliament in other countries involved in the treaty have access.

So he is worse, and setting the country on a bad path. Hence why the business community is lowing faith in the strength of the economy and the government.

Further, his anti-education and anti-science stance will potentially have long lasting effects on the future of Australia to compete in a global economy. Opening up the free trade with China will cripple the failing manufacturing sector further. on top of his allowing industries to go belly up and reversal of promise to support ship building. Resources prices are falling. So as they continue to fall, what will drive the Australian economy if resources are diminishing. We can't manufacture. We don't have the skills, knowledge and technological know how to compete?

Not to mention his horrendous impact on Australia's global standing. Human rights, war mongering, hurting diplomatic relations, to his active efforts to stop global action on climate change. Trying to shut down the g20 debate. When he was trying to form an anti-climate change coalition with Canada to thwart American action.

I don't see how anyone can actively support this.

Anyone saying that this country is in a worse situation has their head up their ass. It was not deception at all. It is a cold hard fact that this country is crippled in debt and can barely pay off the interest.

Anyone saying that this country is in a worse situation has their head up their ass. It was not deception at all. It is a cold hard fact that this country is crippled in debt and can barely pay off the interest.

Yeah well you say that, but it is not what every global and national leading financial publication says.

They just put a link to that gallery on Facebook, that @buck07 also posted, Here's a rundown of what to expect I guess, and it's mostly on the celebrity fluff/Entertainment side of things:
http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-67/gallery/8-things-that-happened/
- Renee Zellweger's face
- IPhone6 & 'Bendgate'
- Joan Rivers' passing
- Gosling/Mendes Baby & Royal Baby II announcement
- Brangelina wedding
- Oscar Pistorius verdict
- Kim Kardashian's nude photoshoot
- AFL/NRL Grand Finals

The iphone one (Galaxy S5 owner here), Oscar Pistorius, and the football would be the only ones of any interest to me.

Back