Skip to main content

US Survivor - Season 45

It's interesting that he came across as so arrogant and exhibiting signs of bullying, given (as alluded to this episode) his history of being treated as an underdog himself. Instead of turning his experiences into a positive, he then treated others badly (particularly his sneeringly dismissive attitude towards Jake and Julie).

I find Jake funny and cute. Particularly looking for an idol in his underwear and hiding it in his crotch.

I really don't get showmances on survivor. I cannot understand feeling sexy when neither you or the other person have showered, cleaned teeth or changed clothes in weeks.

I'd be shocked if anyone other than Dee won and disappointed, as she's played the best game by far. Julie's inability to see past Dee will cost her the game, which is a real shame because she'd be the oldest female winner ever on the US version.

Yes, underwhelming. I really miss the exciting battles to get to final 3. One person deciding who goes to fire is just not exciting.

And Jake deserved votes, but everyone really seems to have bought into the showmance.
I don't really care if Dee played a great game or not, I found her draining and just not my kind of person. Nor any of that Reba four.
Also, Julie is 49? She looks about 60.

Returning players for me would be Jake, Emily, Katurah and Kaleb.

Yes, underwhelming. I really miss the exciting battles to get to final 3. One person deciding who goes to fire is just not exciting.

And Jake deserved votes, but everyone really seems to have bought into the showmance.
I don't really care if Dee played a great game or not, I found her draining and just not my kind of person. Nor any of that Reba four.
Also, Julie is 49? She looks about 60.

Returning players for me would be Jake, Emily, Katurah and Kaleb.
I would only have Emily and Kaleb back. I disagree with Jake deserving votes, he didn't really start playing the game until a few days from the end.

I disagree with Jake deserving votes, he didn't really start playing the game until a few days from the end.
He tried to pull that bold move (that Katurah stuffed, along with pretty well any plan anyone came up with that wasn't handing Reba the path to the win on a golden carpet) to keep Kaleb in a good 8 tribals back. He tried quite a few moves (mostly crushed by Katurah refusing to work with him or running off and spilling the plan to Dee).

I think the jury did him dirty.

Belo were a train wreck of a team - They were worse than Lulu. Dee won by being the dominant member of the only tribe that had thite shite together. Watching this season I found the lack of humility any of the Reba 4 had was irritating - I would have liked to have seen how well any of them could have played from the bottom, as I think it was the luck that got them to the end, just as much if not more than their gameplay. Jake, Katurah and Emily all had a much harder game to play.

Sia has given -
Katurah 100K
Jake 15K
Kaleb 15K
Maybe it is to help katurah go to law school lol. In all seriousness I think it is more to do with katurah's life story than her game.

Listening to some exit press I picked up a couple of things production need to think about. 1 - family is not necessarily blood relations it is who means the most to you. Katurah's letters from home were not from who she was expecting because she had chosen mostly close friends that are her family, but production only allow family. Hence the letter from her mum. And 2. Production would not do subtitles in Spanish even though that is the second most widely spoken language in the USA. So some of Dee's family members could not get to appreciate her win.

Damn.

Funny thing is, my mum watched this with me tonight. She hasn't seen US Survivor in over ten years, but had nothing else to watch.

From this episode she got the impression that Dee was an important player.
I had to point out that this seemed like the first time we've heard her speak.
Your mum new more than you thought :)

I didn't know Survivor was on until 4 days ago :( I just finished watching all the episodes this morning, but it seems they haven't posted the episode where Sia gave her money, I saw that here.

Back