Skip to main content

US Survivor - Season 45

I actually couldn't get through last weeks ep. Quit about 25 minutes in.
This is the first season of US Survivor I won't watch.
I don't know what it is, but I can't warm to any of these people. I also think they've fucked the format too much.
I can't help watching, it's linked w/my daughter. It was the first show we avidly watched together. But I understand your comment Cheers

I don't know what it is, but I can't warm to any of these people. I also think they've fucked the format too much.
Don't worry you won't be the only one who quit on that episode

The longer episodes don't help.
It doesn't seem like more content, it just seems to drag more.

The casting is really bad too.

It's interesting reading your feedback because feedback on you tube channels are that they are living the longer episodes and this season. I don't know if it's because you have Australian survivor to compare it to? I haven't watched Australian survivor, as I had gone off survivor for a long time and have only gone back to watching it more recently so been catching up on usa seasons first. I feel like the longer episodes with more camp life remind me of old school Australian big brother where you just see everyday scenes more. So I don't mind that. It is hard coming from 44 where there were some likeable characters and there really are not a lot of stand outs yet but there are some that I want to see more of before they go home.

It's interesting reading your feedback because feedback on you tube channels are that they are living the longer episodes and this season. I don't know if it's because you have Australian survivor to compare it to? I haven't watched Australian survivor, as I had gone off survivor for a long time and have only gone back to watching it more recently so been catching up on usa seasons first. I feel like the longer episodes with more camp life remind me of old school Australian big brother where you just see everyday scenes more. So I don't mind that. It is hard coming from 44 where there were some likeable characters and there really are not a lot of stand outs yet but there are some that I want to see more of before they go home.
The longer episodes might be enjoyable if the people were likeable or interesting, but this lot are so tedious.

Apparently Jeff isn't too happy with Sean, as he doesn't like quitters.

I am loving the longer episodes, and enjoying this season aside from the quitters quitting - but I don't watch it live with all the ads, that would be torture. 90 minutes minus the ads is great, as far as I'm concerned. Far more interesting interpersonal footage.

Golly! I'm a Yank & devoted to Survivor (daughter & I watched from season 1). However, start w/Australian survivor! Better casts, less production interference (imo) SA Survivor also excellent. I cheat a bit because I don't watch Survivor in real time, I watch on the link where they strip the commercials so an hour is 40 minutes & 90 minutes is about an hour. Cheers

The longer episodes might be enjoyable if the people were likeable or interesting, but this lot are so tedious.

Apparently Jeff isn't too happy with Sean, as he doesn't like quitters.
If anyone watches The Challenge (I've watched MTV since RealWorl/RoadRules et alia)
TJ says to quitters
Don’t take care. Hope to see you never

Ok I'm starting to see the issues with the casting now hehe. Too many gamebots and none of them are really 'popping' as TV personalties. Drew is kind of an ass TBH, though I do like Austin. Sifu, Jake and Kendra seem like the most fun and some of the few people who might have been cast on earlier eras of the show.

Season 45 - the season where the shot in the dark finally served a purpose.

Season 45 - the season where the shot in the dark finally served a purpose.
I’m pretty sure the shot in the dark has already served a purpose before. @Zcsund1234 are you able to confirm? Am I confusing shot in the dark with the 12 other advantage types?

Back