Skip to main content

US Survivor - Season 45

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
I'm a bit over this show, but for some reason I can't not watch it.
But let's be real, they've fucked this show.

Anyways, it's back from this Thursday on 9Go! Also stretched out to 90 min eps.

Not a bad start.
It's mind boggling that with so many applicants, two would get through who just aren't up to it from day one.

No one is really standing out, but I like Sean and think he'll go deep into the game.

The important questions of the episode -

Were the pyramids built by aliens?
Do all our star signs align?
Can they (Hannah and Brandon) really do hard things?

Hey peeps , let us know if this season is worth getting into.

Basically I’d want to see the dynamics & chemistry improve. The seasons are now just defined on numbers now, and that’s how it feels to me. The show is numbered.

Waiting for a return to simplified, less overblown survivor. It’s just not drawing me in, I think I’m going to spend my reality tv time with Amazing Race Australia instead.

Just a heads up that Survivor UK is returning after 21 years later this month - there was a preview screening yesterday which was very well received.

Not sure exactly when it premieres yet but should be later this month, and it's probably going to air three times a week (think it's 20 contestants and 16 episodes, all an hour long commercial free). Hopefully with it being the first UK series in such a long time they'll be very low key on the twists.

Last edited:
The one thing that I find different about survivor US over other shows I have watched (and it may happen in other shows but I haven't seen it) is that because it has been on for so long they now are casting life long fans, that still seem to fan out even after they have been on it! There are many previous players podcasting and tweeting and having watch parties together. It seems like being on the show doesn't shatter any illusions and scar the dreams of people.

I actually couldn't get through last weeks ep. Quit about 25 minutes in.
This is the first season of US Survivor I won't watch.
I don't know what it is, but I can't warm to any of these people. I also think they've fucked the format too much.

Back