Skip to main content

US Survivor - Season 45

Someone got it before but it didn't matter because they didn't get enough votes to go home. This is the first time that someone has actually saved themselves from being voted out with it.

It's certainly the first time it's ever been used for entertainment.
I wasn't particularly invested in him, but that was a punch the air moment that could be a game changer going forward.

I’m pretty sure the shot in the dark has already served a purpose before. @Zcsund1234 are you able to confirm? Am I confusing shot in the dark with the 12 other advantage types?
I actually haven’t watched any of the new era beyond episode 8 of 42. I just couldn’t get behind this whole new survivor.

I’m pretty sure the shot in the dark has already served a purpose before. @Zcsund1234 are you able to confirm? Am I confusing shot in the dark with the 12 other advantage types?
Survivor first introduced the Shot in the Dark twist — which enabled a player to sacrifice their vote for a one-in-six chance in safety — in season 41. And since then, bupkis. Sydney. Zach. Mayra. Swati. Tori. Sami. Matthew. Claire. They all played it and all got the dreaded "Not Safe" scroll. Jami played it and actually got "Safe"… but she didn't need it as she wasn't getting voted out anyway. But this week on Survivor 45, for the first time in franchise history, a player who was going to be voted out of the game — unanimously, it turns out — played the Shot in the Dark and was saved.

https://ew.com/tv/recaps/survivor-45-recap-episode-6/

Shame about Kaleb. He made it through so many other tribals and it came down to Katurah being pissy because she wasn't told that Bruce had an idol quick enough, so Kaleb must be the one to suffer. How will that help her game at all?

There's only been 2 interesting votes the whole season so far (Sabiyah and Brando). Every other vote has been straightforward and boring despite the best efforts of the show to make things more interesting. Overall this is a fairly cagey group voting wise and I hope we see the game open up more.

There's only been 2 interesting votes the whole season so far (Sabiyah and Brando). Every other vote has been straightforward and boring despite the best efforts of the show to make things more interesting. Overall this is a fairly cagey group voting wise and I hope we see the game open up more.
It won't be far off, there's a few people with idols, so there will have to be at least one tribal council where shit hits the fan...

The people of this season have grown on me. I like Jake now we have the chance to know him, Emily is so refreshing in an American survivor of late, and kaleb was just too good for his own game. Also Austin and his sandwich revenge of which he has now got both evicted and has another idol is just production gold.

The people of this season have grown on me. I like Jake now we have the chance to know him, Emily is so refreshing in an American survivor of late, and kaleb was just too good for his own game. Also Austin and his sandwich revenge of which he has now got both evicted and has another idol is just production gold.
Yes, they are exactly the people I like too, and possibly Katurah as well.

I don't think I've seen a more incompetent bunch of players in some time. The 4 Rebas and Emily are the only ones who have any idea of what they are doing out there (and maybe Kellie). Makes for a steamroll of a season but I think the Rebas might finally come for each other next week.

Yeah the Rebas are competent but are terrible with jury management. They have not thought through that side of things at all. If Jake makes it to final three with two Reba he could win because it seems like he would be more liked by the jury, especially if is up against Drew and dee. I think Emily actually has the best chance to win if she gets to the end. Austin and Julie are the more likable rebas but they have all had an arrogance about them.

Back