Skip to main content

Tully dumped by her girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious that you have this opinion, would it be different if it were a straight relationship that Tully was leaving behind by cheating with a fellow HM? The obvious pain that Thalia is going through indicates that this was a loving monogamous relationship with some problems, Thalia would not have reacted like this (posting single photos andposting distress at Drew's advances on Tully) had it of been an open relationship or if their break up was imminent. Just because Tully is unsure of her sexuality doesn't make her ex-relationship with Thalia any less important or concrete.

I'm not diminishing the hurt that Tahlia may be feeling. How is it being a straight or gay relationship matter in this situation?

I'm laughing that people who do not know anybody involved are getting outraged at what's gone on. I'll preface this by saying I don't condone cheating. But lets see, Tahan kissed Jade during the party where is the outrage at that? Tahan has a boyfriend. The fact is, unless you know them personally getting worked up over this is laughable. Unless you're personal friends then you don't know how close or strong their relationship is, you don't know the issues they may have had. In everyday life people leave their partners for someone else. Tully has no communication with her girlfriend but did just this.

Did she go about it the right way? No. But has anyone here been faces with the extreme circumstances of big brother, along with whatever questions Tully had about her relationship? I doubt that very much. So while its no doubt humiliating and painful for Tahlia to have to experience, I just do not understand why random viewers have this heightened sense of outrage.

It's Big Brother, the viewer is meant to get worked up and invested and judge or support hm's it's just the way the cookie crumbles you can't really stop that from happening, especially in a situation like this. Sure I don't know either Tully or Tahlia but in this situation, the fact is someone in a monogamous relationship has cheated and its someone who I was not a fan of in the first place and I don't think it's right or fair. After viewing Tahan's bf's twitter where he has her listed as the chick he roots I feel like he wouldn't care about the Jade/Tahan kiss but at the same time I thought it was a little attention seeking and not the best choice for either ladies but eh.

What brought about the statements of love between Drew and Tully?

We need more than what we have seen.

Yeah, I feel like that just fell out of thin air. Like we didn't see any much lead up that that was going to occur. I'm still not totally sure of it, as I'm pretty certain the others in the house don't know about that.

I'm not diminishing the hurt that Tahlia may be feeling. How is it being a straight or gay relationship matter in this situation?

I'm laughing that people who do not know anybody involved are getting outraged at what's gone on. I'll preface this by saying I don't condone cheating. But lets see, Tahan kissed Jade during the party where is the outrage at that? Tahan has a boyfriend. The fact is, unless you know them personally getting worked up over this is laughable. Unless you're personal friends then you don't know how close or strong their relationship is, you don't know the issues they may have had. In everyday life people leave their partners for someone else. Tully has no communication with her girlfriend but did just this.

Did she go about it the right way? No. But has anyone here been faces with the extreme circumstances of big brother, along with whatever questions Tully had about her relationship? I doubt that very much. So while its no doubt humiliating and painful for Tahlia to have to experience, I just do not understand why random viewers have this heightened sense of outrage.

One of the best post about Drew and Tully situation

It's Big Brother, the viewer is meant to get worked up and invested and judge or support hm's it's just the way the cookie crumbles you can't really stop that from happening, especially in a situation like this. Sure I don't know either Tully or Tahlia but in this situation, the fact is someone in a monogamous relationship has cheated and its someone who I was not a fan of in the first place and I don't think it's right or fair. After viewing Tahan's bf's twitter where he has her listed as the chick he roots I feel like he wouldn't care about the Jade/Tahan kiss but at the same time I thought it was a little attention seeking and not the best choice for either ladies but eh.

It just seems like there is a double standard. People don't like Tully for whatever reason so are quick to jump on a moral high horse over this, when the exact same situation has occurred but between two women and nothing. He probably doesn't care, you're right but it doesn't change what happened in the house being identical.

It just seems like there is a double standard. People don't like Tully for whatever reason so are quick to jump on a moral high horse over this, when the exact same situation has occurred but between two women and nothing. He probably doesn't care, you're right but it doesn't change what happened in the house being identical.

The thing is, it's not really identical. While I don't think it was ok for Jade and Tahan to kiss, it was very clearly just a drunken dare type scenario. Tully and Drew have been developing an emotional connection over the last few weeks, lots of touchy geeky, then topped off with I love you'd and a secretive kiss. Hardly identical.

A kiss is a kiss. Cheating is cheating. That's the identical part.

So hypothetically your partner can drunkenly have a kiss that they were dared to do, but not one that has some emotion attached? The bottom line is two people who have partners on the outside have kissed people in the house, only ones become a big deal.

Drew just wants a root.

Maybe the idea of turning a psuedo lesbian back to str8 is an added notch on his bedhead :)

(I know she identifies as 'bi' but that wouldn't come into the equation in Drew's head / bedhead)

LMAO! That is so true!

Agree 100%. What an awful thing to watch unfold on NATIONAL television. Regardless of whether they had problems before Tully went in the house, Tahlia doesn't deserve to watch her GF canoodle with another person (man or woman!).

They had a life together and Tully flushed that down the toilet in the most public way. It would be devastating and humiliating. What an insult to witness your partner declare her love for some stranger they met a few weeks ago!! People are so loose with the 'L' word in the house and maybe it's just me but I don't throw that word around like it means nothing.

Keep your head up Tahlia.

^ This

One of the best post about Drew and Tully situation

I agree!

A kiss is a kiss. Cheating is cheating. That's the identical part.

So hypothetically your partner can drunkenly have a kiss that they were dared to do, but not one that has some emotion attached? The bottom line is two people who have partners on the outside have kissed people in the house, only ones become a big deal.

Hypothetically, yes. I mean, of course I wouldn't be hunky dory but it would be a blip in a relationship that could be very easily and simply worked out. When there are emotions attached, that's a whole different ball game. I'd prefer my partner be a sex addict and have meaningless sex with a different person each weekend than for them to have that more-than-friends emotional attachment with someone else.

And I do disagree, a kiss isn't always just a kiss. A drunken dare pash is much different to a post-I-love-you kiss.

I am not outraged but I don't like the kids of AU seeing this as an example (Drew had lots of kid fans) and I personally don't want to have to see it either. Am I emotionally connected? No, but I find it insulting to have to watch, its bad enough how the world views love and marriage these days.

No matter how you turn it or swing it I think if you have committed to someone they at least deserve the respect of CONTROL. She is not a kid learning to potty train who cant help themselves. She is an adult, show some restraint. Even if they are madly in love and are together for ever it wont make it ok. They should have waited until they left. Its not that hard to control your hormones.

PS They have known each other for what, 4 weeks and only got talking 3 weeks ago. That's hormones, not love. :p To throw a relationship away after such a short time? Didn't look like she even tried not to. :(

What doesn't sit comfortably with me is the "She's a disgrace to lesbians" angle. Her sexual orientation is irrelevant, and why should one person carry the burden of responsibility for an entire group?

She's only doing what so many others have done in the house. Some people seem to crumble as soon as they're away from their lives, as though their self-esteem is in peril if they don't receive constant validation from someone else. I think Tully has a very fragile psyche.

I'd feel more empathy for her if it wasn't for her double standards. She expects other people to give her the attention and sensitivity that she's not prepared to give in return. She can be really rigid and unforgiving in her attitude towards others.

Is this a tactic devised before going in? Tully works in social media. It would be rediculous to assume that she wouldn't be using her Social Madia Skills. Strategy? Possible showmance, but it must be intense. If it happens, stage a breakup over twitter, post witty single cartoons, make it a story, keep interest high.

Makes no difference to me what sex anyone is.
I totally agree, I tried really hard to look past everything to start with and felt really bad for her but I have a hard time feeling bad for people who takes and never gives. I mean how dare anyone else look at a guy or get upset. Still confused why she gets so much special treatment. Where was Tahan and Jades breaky in bed? :p

Is this a tactic devised before going in? Tully works in social media. It would be rediculous to assume that she wouldn't be using her Social Madia Skills. Strategy? Possible showmance, but it must be intense. If it happens, stage a breakup over twitter, post witty single cartoons, make it a story, keep interest high.

I doubt it, its not going to win any votes and its vote to save.

Its only interesting to those who love Drama and she already had those votes lol

If it was a plan all along I feel bad fro Drew, she took his short and now he is clearly hooked. :p

What doesn't sit comfortably with me is the "She's a disgrace to lesbians" angle. Her sexual orientation is irrelevant, and why should one person carry the burden of responsibility for an entire group?

She's only doing what so many others have done in the house. Some people seem to crumble as soon as they're away from their lives, as though their self-esteem is in peril if they don't receive constant validation from someone else. I think Tully has a very fragile psyche.

It's ironic that it's exactly this she's accused Jade of. Initially Jade did seem to come across as very insecure and fragile while Tully was the strong, determined, self confident one but as the show has progressed their roles seems to be reversing. Jade has been proving to have a lot more character and while she is still insecure in some ways she has shown that she can pull herself together.

I'd feel more empathy for her if it wasn't for her double standards. She expects other people to give her the attention and sensitivity that she's not prepared to give in return. She can be really rigid and unforgiving in her attitude towards others.

Yep, there seem to be a lot of double standards in Tully's world. Her outlook is very immature and self centred.

Angel said:
PS They have known each other for what, 4 weeks and only got talking 3 weeks ago. That's hormones, not love. :p To throw a relationship away after such a short time? Didn't look like she even tried not to

Exactly! No matter what is going on in her current relationship she'd expected her partner's support while she was in the house and the least she could have done is hold off with Drew until the show was over and she could have spoken to Thalia. This was just cruel and seriously, the chances of the whole Drully thing surviving out in the real world is about 0.

I can't help feeling a little sorry for Tully too, though, despite what she's done. She's made a mess of her life by going on BB, even if it is all self-inflicted. She's going to have to come out and face the music some time in the next few weeks.

Poor Tahlia though, that can't be easy to watch.

It would be interesting to know if Tully's partner on the outside had been a 6ft fireman, would Drew have gone in so quickly or would he have made damn sure he kept his distance. Is there something about knowing its' a woman that makes it psychologically "not count" .

lets be honest, its every guys dream/desire to be able to turn a lesbian
congrats drew! :p

but on a more serious note, Tully has brought all of it upon herself, shes made her decisions and is going to have to live with them, i feel no sympathy for her, and being a so-called social media expert, she should definitely have known what the reaction would be.
and for the record, i've disliked her from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back