Skip to main content

Tully dumped by her girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never can get a decent answer

You didn't ask anything apart from a pointless question that doesn't make any sense about what other housemates think.

"Your continual blame of the public's perception holds no water as BB's coverage of Tully's behaviour continues to upset those HM's around her. Or have they got her all wrong too?"... how could the coverage possibly have anything remotely to do with what the other housemates think? Are they watching it on TV and catching up with the live feeds or something? What a weird thing to say. And on top of that it's ridiculous to talk as if drama in the Big Brother house like that is some kind of problem.

There is something just a little bit 'off' about your posts. Something fishy.

You're right though, let her behave however she likes... She's a big girl who signed up for a big show. The public backlash will be water off a ducks back for her... Watching the daily shows, not so much.

Answer this for me... Is she mentally stable?

have you a conspiracy theory of your own? do you think you are right about it?

i think the edit for a particular hm has played a massive part of the problem and i am worried about the real world that they will be entering rather than the unreality of the so called reality show they are a part of.

i'm hoping intervention for them comes from BB rather than the other hms, and that it is not aired.

with the addition of FB and twitter the backlash is the worst i have read about any hm before and it is hell scarier.

Everyone has her wrong. Everyone is seeing something completely different to the truth that hardcore Tully fans see. Including Tahlia and even Tully's real life friends who have said they can't fucking believe this is the same girl they know on the outside because they're shocked. Only a select few randoms sitting at home on their couches who have never met her truly know what Tully's like. It's like these total strangers can connect with her better than those who actually have been within 10000 feet of her.

Surely you understand that you nitwit. :p

I know, I'm a bloody nitwit! Kid's got no morals. Geez...I was defending her against the producers and it still carried on. That Alex might find himself in hot water over this I reckon. Too much outrage for no consequence. Who are the Psych's on their staff to not see the damage being done?

have you a conspiracy theory of your own? do you think you are right about it?

i think the edit for a particular hm has played a massive part of the problem and i am worried about the real world that they will be entering rather than the unreality of the so called reality show they are a part of.

i'm hoping intervention for them comes from BB rather than the other hms, and that it is not aired.

with the addition of FB and twitter the backlash is the worst i have read about any hm before and it is hell scarier.

Hey, haha... No conspiracy. Apart from the fact that I think Ed and Matt may have been silenced on their controversial dinner topic. I do agree with you about the backlash and I think Alex's response to the Hate Tully FB page was a mistake. He is ultimately accountable for the HM's and IMO would have had his ppl seeing the hate trend weeks ago. And yet, the on screen lunacy continued... Feeding the hungry haters. Did he think they'd all suddenly stop?! I think it's a disgrace and the time for intervention has past. Good luck with the fallout Alex.

I know, I'm a bloody nitwit! Kid's got no morals. Geez...I was defending her against the producers and it still carried on. That Alex might find himself in hot water over this I reckon. Too much outrage for no consequence. Who are the Psych's on their staff to not see the damage being done?
Alex is looking quite shithouse about this, even with people like me who can't stand Tully. He says they have 3 producers devoted solely to wellbeing and a 24/7 psych on call so we should trust they're doing their jobs. But then we have hardcore Tully fans saying she's depressed, overly emotional, missing Tahlia, etc and that's why she's acting the way she is. So which is it? This is probably THE lowest rating reality show this year other than that bake off one on Ch 9 yet even people who have watched a week or two of BB can see something's off with Tully. Her few fans keeping her in because they somehow think they can shag her and the hate voters keeping her in for the giggles are much worse than those who are pointing out there's a problem because they all know she has no hope in hell of winning. If those 'fans' really cared about her and knew her better than Tahlia and her real life friends, they'd want her out. She's not winning the 250k even if every other HM dropped dead so why prolong this for her? Even if they think she's mentally well why prolong the public scrutiny knowing full well she'll be like every other BB HM and be relegated to the scrap heap pile after their 6 mins of fame? Yeah they must truly love her.

She's not winning the 250k even if every other HM dropped dead so why prolong this for her?

Yeah let's just hand Ben or Tim a cheque for 250k and skip all the Big Brother stuff. Hey maybe some people just like her and don't want to see her gone soon, maybe all the low blows and hatred encourages some people to support her in the face of all of that stuff. It's really not much deeper than that and I'm sure she'll have a lot of fun and certainly wouldn't want it cut short, people obsessing over her love life be damned!

Yeah let's just hand Ben or Tim a cheque for 250k and skip all the Big Brother stuff. Hey maybe some people just like her and don't want to see her gone soon, maybe all the low blows and hatred encourages some people to support her in the face of all of that stuff. It's really not much deeper than that and I'm sure she'll have a lot of fun and certainly wouldn't want it cut short, people obsessing over her love life be damned!
I get why those "low blows and hatred encourage some people to support her in the face of all that stuff". It's a widely documented phenomenon in the psych community and is considered group think. There are so many studies about it that we linked just a few in the LF threads so for you to bring up that point is quite satisfying. The very thing you and your 'rebels' think you're railing against is the exact thing that makes it laughable because you're doing what you say you're supposedly against.

You know she's not going to win so we agree on that. Yeah she might be having fun in the house but you've also said repeatedly she's going to be damaged by what's being said outside of it. Doesn't work like that unfortunately unless someone puts a gun to your head and forces you to join a reality show, no matter how many times you say it. BB isn't in its prime... in fact it's well on its way out as far as ratings go. So why wouldn't you say yeah ok, you had fun but it's not worth the real life ramifications considering 1. you have no chance of winning and 2. you won't even end up with decent 'fame' a la Chrissie Swan out of it? The longer she stays in, the longer that goes on. There are several absolute Tully fan wingnuts on here and many more on FB who are admitting they've saved her to see her suffer. But you have always been mainly rational and I just don't get why you'd think this would be a choice to make. If she knew Tahlia dumped her and her real life friends are questioning wtf is wrong with her do you think such a "free spirited, emotional, heart on her sleeve" kind of gal would be having that fun you insist she's having? She's not going to make 250k, the show isn't popular enough to even help her get a media career or even make her a few bucks and if anything she's now going to be harassed in public... why would you want this for someone you purportedly like?

It's a widely documented phenomenon in the psych community and is considered group think. There are so many studies about it that we linked just a few in the LF threads so for you to bring up that point is quite satisfying.

Well that's an excruciatingly pretentious way to take simple empathy and twist it into something that makes you feel nice and superior, how 'satisfying' that must feel! And the longer she stays in the longer she hangs around there having some fun, that's about it. Most the crazies and smug armchair psychiatrists will get bored obsessing over her soon anyway and letting them win shouldn't even be a consideration.

Well that's an excruciatingly pretentious way to take simple empathy and twist it into something that makes you feel nice and superior, how 'satisfying' that must feel! And the longer she stays in the longer she hangs around there having some fun, that's about it. Most the crazies and smug armchair psychiatrists will get bored obsessing over soon anyway and letting them win shouldn't even be a consideration.
Mate there's nothing "excruciatingly pretentious" about it at all. It's called peer-reviewed studies. Was it you or your buddy silkworm that was trying to tell people yesterday how smart Tully was simply because she had a BA? Either way if she's as smart and with it as y'all think she is, I'm sure she'd appreciate actual academia and not speculation from a bunch of couch loungers.

If you think she's having 'fun' when her girlfriend, friends and even her best friend Katie who has now been stuck having to show up twice for evictions has clearly said she's not, then more power to you. With your magic power to 'know' strangers through a screen, please let me know if my 4 yo will be happy with a few pairs of socks for Xmas this year. I don't think he will be but then again Tahlia and her friends said Tully's not happy so since you know better than them, I assume you know my son better than I do. If I can get away with Santa bringing $8 worth of socks for Xmas I'm all for it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mate there's nothing "excruciatingly pretentious" about it at all. It's called peer-reviewed studies.

Ha I don't think you could have sounded more pretentious if you tried there, it was ridiculous to brush aside empathy as something shallow with garbage talk about group think and make a mention of how satisfied you felt with yourself over that. And making irrelevant mentions of the peer review process in the hope it gives your ideas authority is a bit sad.

Ha I don't think you could have sounded more pretentious if you tried there, it was ridiculous. And making irrelevant mentions of the peer review process in the hope it gives your ideas authority is a bit sad.
Ha! And you ignored all the questions asked in both of my posts yet again. But keep picking out sentences to suit you.

I did try to give you the benefit of the doubt but I'm sure you'll understand if I'll continue to view Tahlia and Tully's friends as more definitive sources about her than you - a random on a couch. Smooches. xo

Ha! And you ignored all the questions asked in both of my posts yet again. But keep picking out sentences to suit you.

Let's see, you asked me about what someone else apparently said about her having a BA so I kind of just shrugged at that one and thought it was weird of you to bring it up. And then there was some strange rambling question about buying socks for a kid. Not sure what the point of getting into that stuff would be.

And what's next... "hey I'll make another irrelevant appeal to authority cite that doesn't really suit my position or give the whole picture in any way but the name drop helps me save face, smooches"

Last edited:
Let's see, you asked me about what someone else apparently said about her having a BA so I kind of just shrugged at that one and thought it was weird of you to bring it up. And then there was some strange rambling question about buying socks for a kid. Not sure what the point of getting into that stuff would be.

And what's next... "hey I'll make another irrelevant appeal to authority cite that doesn't really suit my position or give the whole picture in any way but the name drop helps me save face, smooches"
I asked you several questions. The main one being "why would you want this for someone you purportedly like?" I also asked you how you think you know her better than Tahlia or her real life friends.

But yeah, keep diverting. Makes perfect sense why you like Tully because you're pulling the same immature shit. Divert, snip conversations, divert, snip, divert. Lovely behaviour when you know she can't win so giving her this 2.5 minutes of fame is just delaying the inevitable for your own amusement, at the expense of those who actually know her. You realise you DO NOT, right? Actually you probably don't even comprehend that so I can only say good luck with it all.

if contestants start leaving because a friend outside said they are unhappy and to remove them, there wouldn't be any HMs left to finish the show. :S

I asked you several questions. The main one being "why would you want this for someone you purportedly like?" I also asked you how you think you know her better than Tahlia or her real life friends.

I already said the longer she stays in there the longer she has to hang around and have some fun and that's all there is to it, never said I want the things you brought up and I don't agree with you about most of it so why would I say I want to see it happen to her? And you obviously don't know her or her friends either so latching on to any hint you can cherry pick about any of them agreeing with you to back yourself up just by mentioning them as if they're all spoken for is just desperate.

if contestants start leaving because a friend outside said they are unhappy and to remove them, there wouldn't be any HMs left to finish the show. :S
It's got to the point that the subject of a low rated tv show has made national media. Would I be happy if someone pulled me from a game? No. Would I appreciate the fact that my friends and loved ones recognised I was spiralling out of control and requested my removal? Yes. Those people are going to last a lot long than any 'fame' I might get from being on a dodgy tv show. She's not going to win and it's not like she'll get any endorsements. BB is well past its prime.

However I don't think she should be pulled. They're asked before going in to list what they want to be informed of from the outside... I can't imagine anyone would say "if my partner dumps me". But I do think Alex' explanation is bullshit and a copout since he's the one providing fodder to the freaks who have taken it too far. And I also am sick of the hypocrisy of the more crazy Tully fans on here. Either they don't even realise the double talk they're spewing (so they're dense) or they think everyone is stupid (yet again dense). Either way they're laughable because they're just as much a part of group think as those they're railing against. Massive rebels they are.

hang on a sec guys!
YCzMI.gif

It's got to the point that the subject of a low rated tv show has made national media. Would I be happy if someone pulled me from a game? No. Would I appreciate the fact that my friends and loved ones recognised I was spiralling out of control and requested my removal? Yes. Those people are going to last a lot long than any 'fame' I might get from being on a dodgy tv show. She's not going to win and it's not like she'll get any endorsements. BB is well past its prime.

However I don't think she should be pulled. They're asked before going in to list what they want to be informed of from the outside... I can't imagine anyone would say "if my partner dumps me". But I do think Alex' explanation is bullshit and a copout since he's the one providing fodder to the freaks who have taken it too far. And I also am sick of the hypocrisy of the more crazy Tully fans on here. Either they don't even realise the double talk they're spewing (so they're dense) or they think everyone is stupid (yet again dense). Either way they're laughable because they're just as much a part of group think as those they're railing against. Massive rebels they are.

I don't like Tully? It is 100% based on the behaviour she exhibits and I'm not just talking tears (I've done enough posts listing those things so if anyone wants to know 'what behaviours' you can look through my historical posts as no point regurgitating it all here). There are other housemates whose behaviour I don't always like but I do find things I like about them as well, or even things more than what I dislike (e.g. Like most people most of the HMs have good and bad qualities).

Thing with Tully is I don't find many redeemable qualities, pretty much nil. So that makes me think the people who so vehemently defending her have 'chosen a side' versus actually supporting the behaviours they see from her. Whether that's a natural human thing or what I don't know or care anymore I just can't believe people actually approve or like the behaviours that she displays, hence I think there must be more to it for why they support her.

If I was a friend of family member etc I would want her out. I would vote to save others so she would be evicted and the ongoing embarrassment put to an end. The longer she is in the more her instability grows and the more that comes out in her behaviour and the more humiliating it will be at the end for her to look back on (actually I have suspicions she will never see her behaviour as wrong she is too much in a zone of how she is always right)

True friends would help her get out. Other 'supporters' would save her cause they don't really care about her that much and enjoy seeing other people bugged by her. Which I get. It's not about being mean more just that "oh look all those people don't like her and want her gone so lets keep her in to annoy them'. Everyone inside and out is playing with everyone to a degree.

I felt really sorry for her friend at the last eviction. She did a good job of coming up with positive supportive words but to me her face said it all and she looked embarrassed as hell. I would HATE to be known as someone who actually chooses and supports having Tully in my life ...it would say a lot about me if I would accept that person in my world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back