Skip to main content

Tim Dormer back in the House

Thank you @DigitalCorp. As Rison pointed out it seems he was well aware that he was writing to a larger audience so don't feel badly. I had said it earlier... he's no dummy. He loves BB as much, if not more, than we do so I hope this has at least opened a few eyes as to what this guy is really about.

Well, there we have it. They've lost my respect with that confirmation - now that I had much there to begin with.

If they don't have respect or care about the audience of one of their main shows, especially the viewers that continuously drive this show each year and have made it last as long as it has, then what else do they have?
Makes me feel like a real jackass now for all those emails and phone calls I wrote/made trying to get the LFs back. I wish someone from Ch 9 had just told me from the start to piss off and stop wasting my time because our opinions don't matter. We're not their target audience anymore so now I have to wonder what I'm doing spending so much time on a show that doesn't want me. It's actually a bit sad to be honest.

Last edited:
I guess that means we should be apologising to Alex?

Look, A-Mav was the FNL exec producer in the Ten days, and he works alongside Chris Blackburn, a guy who has been there since day dot (and I'm pretty sure gave Mike Goldman his job). It must be really hard to be told by your boss what you have to do, when it clearly upsets the intelligent half of the audience you're doing it for. Then for some of us to go on here and on Twitter and blast the guy can only add to the stress he must be under.

Alex, you'll probably read this - maybe you're reading this right now. I really hope that if the show gets picked up again by another network more willing to take the risks that the show carries, that you're in charge again. As I've said, I auditioned this year. I'm one of the couple of thousands of people you and Chris met and you do come across as good, smart people. Your talent and the show's potential is being wasted on the Nine network.

We all know now that BB won't be renewed after this series.

It was only signed for 3 years & this is the 3rd.

i like how he tries to justify his whoring out (being paid to do a job for them) as him being in control. You cant always be in control Tim. No body likes a control freak and like you sad bigger powers above pulling the strings

I guess that means we should be apologising to Alex?
Shall we direct our anger at Gyngell then? ultimately Alex is responsible for this program so he's gonna have to stick his name to it and bear it. or speak up but that wont happen because he wants to keep working after this.

Yes, that's our Tim. Always thinking he's in control. But sometimes you gotta love him for it.
Did not watch BB last night, but these forums provide me with all the info I need. Noticed Tim's teeth, never heard of "instalign" thought he was wearing his dad's teeth

Shall we direct our anger at Gyngell then? ultimately Alex is responsible for this program so he's gonna have to stick his name to it and bear it. or speak up but that wont happen because he wants to keep working after this.

You have nfi how the industry works, don't you?

Nine have their dirty mitts all over this program. They get the final say on the cast. They get the final say on what content will go to air. Alex Mavroidakis, as the Executive Producer, is in charge of making sure the whole operation runs smoothly. But Nine are in charge of making the whole operation run in general.

Nine have their dirty mitts all over this program. They get the final say on the cast. They get the final say on what content will go to air. Alex Mavroidakis, as the Executive Producer, is in charge of making sure the whole operation runs smoothly. But Nine are in charge of making the whole operation run in general.
Alex?

image.jpg I actually am feeling sorry for Alex Mav. Seems like he's getting fucked over. He was fuming on twitter last night about the late start.

Also this made me laugh. Apparently they all wanted timmy so he took shavid into the sanctuary? Pfft

I know that CBS decides or approves final cast for US reality shows. Not sure how involved they are in deciding the twists in the games, the probably just go with the executive producers plans unless they have a major concern. I don't believe that people at channel 9 Sat down and desinged how this season should run exactly, the pairs twist and the cash grabs, etc. They may have had final.approval, though it is obvious that whoever made these massive changes don't understand t and the audience. Maybe 9 demanded a more scripted show; if so, they forgot about the part where the viewers need to get to know the players before they spend money on votes.

I am sure all the complaints fell on deaf ears because the ratings are ok, but when they saw no one was voting, they had to wake up and demand a chance. So that's why Tim got pitched into the house as a desperate fix. They probably also approved Beard guy without his beard, and don't like him with it. Or if they did like it, they wanted it gone. I can believe this rapid retreat from the original concept is all a network response to no one voting and tons of bad press

Back