Skip to main content

Tim Dormer back in the House

You're right, I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'm only going by what you guys are saying. If he takes offence, I will apologize.

:biggrin: Tim, what's the goss? Who did you like? Who didn't you like? What about the romances?

This is disgraceful, if Tim chooses Jake to be HoH then I am not watching this show ever again.

Did any of the housemates realize that bringing in Tim and dropping the big twist meant that something is going wrong and they need to switch it up? I would think Priya would spot that instantly. Any one else?

Well, I got a pretty lengthy response from Tim. He didn't tell me to STHU or anything, he was pretty upfront. Only thing is, I asked him for his permission to copy and paste the response here, and he hasn't answered. I don't want to disrespect him any more than I have, but I know a lot of you are curious about what he has to say. He's probably reading the forums anyway. Should I post his response?

So I've had a sleep on it, and have woken with fresh eyes about the whole situation. Tim shouldn't have gone into the house.

The purpose his visit was:
  1. Reveal that only one housemate will be evicted and then elicit responses
  2. Make David shave his beard off

How well did he do? Well, not that great - after 1. things spiraled out of control with boozy crying and a whole lot of nothing going on. Tim lost control of the situation - tried to throw some questions at the dinner table which landed on deaf (drunk) ears and suddenly appeared at random points during conflict to insert himself into the situation. Tim was softly scripted the entire time and when things really deviated from the script (the various arguments that broke out) Tim had no idea what to do and popped up around the house like a stunned penguin. The look on his face in the diary room was "what am I doing here this is so uncomfortable".

2. was even more cringeworthy. A whole 10 minutes of Tim pleading with David to shave his beard off while the producers squirmed in their seats, petrified of what they'd do if David didn't buckle. David wasn't comfortable with the situation and Tim came across as predatory.

But the main point is that all of this could have been achieved without Tim. Here's some ideas of how this could have played down:
  1. Big Brother asks the public to submit the types of controversial questions Tim tried to ask (call it "The Power", because where the hell has that disappeared to?). The housemates are each given a card with one question to ask at the dinner table. The question on the last card is "did you know that housemates will not be evicted as pairs?". Sit back and watch the house erupt with insanity. Make the housemates question whether it's true for a few days - or don't confirm it at all until the eviction night!

2. Offer every housemate $1000 if David shaves his beard off. Then sit back and watch. Simple!

It really strikes me how lacking in integrity Alex M is. He'll gladly say one thing then flipflop the following week:

Well, I got a pretty lengthy response from Tim. He didn't tell me to STHU or anything, he was pretty upfront. Only thing is, I asked him for his permission to copy and paste the response here, and he hasn't answered. I don't want to disrespect him any more than I have, but I know a lot of you are curious about what he has to say. He's probably reading the forums anyway. Should I post his response?
Yep, go for it. You posted your message to him so you may as well post his response. I assume he'd expect to you anyway and wouldn't care.

Too late, @Tim asked me to e-mail it to him.

"I won't publish anything until he confirms whether it's ok to share. If he says no then I won't publish anything."

I did that, and then I sent him a reply in the conversation. All @Tim could say is: "Wow that is actually fascinating. Thankyou!"

Spill your guts. hehehe

Doubt if Tim would care, after all he let it be known that he was going back into the house days before he did.

Yeah, and the thing is, he didn't explicitly tell me not to post it or to keep it a secret. Next time, I'll know not to ask permission about these things. However, I'm going to respect Tim (the admin)'s wishes.

You'll have to take it up with the admin, because I don't want to get in trouble with anyone.

I doubt Tim will give permission to have it published.

But yes, my reaction to Tim's response was WOW.

He played the BBAU producers biiiiiig time.

Don't underestimate Tim Dormer.

I bet David Gyngell (CEO of Channel 9) told the BBAU producers to do something to fix this shit series up.

Edit: @Timdormer was always going into the house. (maybe not as early as he did) as he was on the ad for BB, before the season started.

Last edited:
Spill your guts. hehehe

Doubt if Tim would care, after all he let it be known that he was going back into the house days before he did.
I don't think he'd care either. He's always been upfront about things - sometimes to the point where our jaw has dropped during the off season - but that's pure Timmy. And he's definitely not stupid... he'd know that by talking to a stranger, let alone someone from here, that there's a strong chance what he said would get out. He knows the game.

That's the thing, I do want to post it in its entirety. I'm excited that I got a (in my opinion) positive answer from him, and I want to share it with the rest of you. The only thing is, I made the mistake of trying to stay respectful. He is a former HM after all, and I don't want to get slapped with a lawsuit from all the way in the Southern Hemisphere.

Ultimately, it's up to @Tim.

Back