Skip to main content

Tim Dormer back in the House

The summary of the post is:
  • Tim Dormer knew exactly what he was doing
  • He went in to boost his media career.
  • He knows BBAU is a sinking ship and his appearance would remind everyone of why his season was better
  • Channel Nine don't care about the opinions of the BB purist audience, and they're having significant influence over Alex.
  • "I should have brought a hammer for the nails they gave me to drive into that coffin."

lol @ people slandering Tim cause he might have taken a few cues from BB or not happy with what the did overall

If you all wanted Tim to be himself, then he needs to stay in the house considerably longer than just a night. I thought he did well with the limited time he had, regardless if he was abiding BB or not.

Not sure what people were expecting to see, the skeleton outfit? lol

That's the thing, I do want to post it in its entirety. I'm excited that I got a (in my opinion) positive answer from him, and I want to share it with the rest of you. The only thing is, I made the mistake of trying to stay respectful. He is a former HM after all, and I don't want to get slapped with a lawsuit from all the way in the Southern Hemisphere.

Ultimately, it's up to @Tim.

No offence @Tim, but he wants the 'exclusive' on @Timdormer

It's OK for Tim to post info that he gets about BB from emails, PM's etc, but not you.

A few key notes:
"I'm in nobody's back pocket."
"There's a much bigger game being played here guys. Trust me, Alex isn't the enemy."

So what are you saying? Do you want me to post the whole thing?

• He knows BBAU is a sinking ship and his appearance would remind everyone of why his season was better
  • Channel Nine don't care about the opinions of the BB purist audience, and they're having significant influence over Alex.
  • "I should have brought a hammer for the nails they gave me to drive into that coffin."
More plzkthx. :D

Why could you do a summary of the email but @DigitalCorp couldn't.

A few key notes:
"I'm in nobody's back pocket."
"There's a much bigger game being played here guys. Trust me, Alex isn't the enemy."

So what are you saying? Do you want me to post the whole thing?
Yes just post it. If we're going to get a summary and snippets anyway, we may as well get the whole thing. It'll be nice if Timmy could finally be vindicated for once on this bloody forum instead of always having people calling for his head.

What the heck...

"
Obviously I was never going to have free reign of the house and the precious crop of new housemates. Surely you can also understand that out of the 24hours I was in the house you only saw the cutdown "storylined" version of my interactions which mostly only included the information about my admin purposes for being in the house. I knew from the get go it wasn't going to be "the tim show" this time around, and the focus would always be on the new dumb bitchy class of wannabes. I knew you were only ever going to be shown a tame and controlled version of events where the focus was on the new stars.

I contemplated saying no to the whole stunt. The way I chose to handle the situation was the same way I played the game last year. Tim always wins. It's all a circus and I'm the ringleader. Only this time I'm not playing the game of big brother. I'm playing the media game, my career. I knew full well going back in would be a disaster for the series in the eyes of the big brother purists. I was never going back in there to try and save the sinking ship for them, I was going back in there to get a bunch of talk on social media and a spike in the ratings from the fast food eating viewers from western Sydney that don't quite understand why this season isn't as good as "Tim's" was. These people still give a shit about me, and these are the people that tv execs care about...sorry to tell you they don't give a shit about what you guys on here think they have done to your precious tv show.

I went along with their instructions on the whole stunt, they thought I was playing their game, when by now they should have realised I only ever play my own. They have inadvertently done the one thing they were trying to avoid, remind people how bad this all has become. I should have brought a hammer for the nails they gave me to drive into that coffin. I'm in nobody's back pocket. I'm sitting back watching the game unfold...only this time it's outside the house.

Having said all that, I was surprised to discover that these housemates have an interesting dynamic, it's just not coming through the dribble of overproduced 'stunt' tv we are seeing. There could still be hope that now with the pairs thing over we might start to see some natural relationships develop on their own accord, and the storylines will follow naturally too. There's a much bigger game being played here guys. Trust me, Alex isn't the enemy.
Timdormer, Today at 5:51 PM (American EST)"

My response:

"Good on you, Tim. I was surprised and glad to get the answer that I'd gotten from you. At least you didn't absolutely shut me down.

I'm thinking I'll have to start skipping the Sunday episodes. Too juvenile and too romantic, like 90210, except without professional actors. I'm not one for the endless late night kiss-fests in the spa. From what I read in the thread, seemed like everybody except Big Brother and the dogs was fair game. I skipped most of the Late Night Feasts in your season. I couldn't care less about the romantic relationships, or who sleeps with whom. I know you avoided that trap in your season, and so did Benjamin in his (the fact that he wanted to propose to his BF when he got evicted helped).

I want to see some tasks, some gameplay. I want to see Leon (or Pete D. or whichever DBB is in the booth at that moment) mess with the HMs. Of course, I grew up on the American version where there's at least one competition every show. Do you ever watch that, by the way?

I hope you weren't too offended. You have a media career and have done something I've only dreamed of doing. If it were me in your shoes, I might've done the same thing (depending on how much money and control they offered). Anyway, this is a great answer. There's a lot of talk on the forums about you in this particular episode. There's a whole thread about you. May I copy and paste this answer to show the others?" (which I just did)

Well, there we have it. They've lost my respect with that confirmation - now that I had much there to begin with.

If they don't have respect or care about the audience of one of their main shows, especially the viewers that continuously drive this show each year and have made it last as long as it has, then what else do they have?

I really didn't like Tim Dormer, until now.

He seems like a straight down the line guy with that summary, no wonder he has so many fans. Dammit now I'll probably by him a beer if I ever see him

**also feel sorry for Alex if the above is true, you have to remember is he has given many years of his life to this show. Imagine if that was you 11 years building a boat(ark) only to have it burnt down by the jerk next door.

Last edited:
Back