Skip to main content

The intruder seems like a douche

Not sure . Yes he is handsome but what did he say? He is taking pride in him shaving his arms and whatever, well something like that seems very superficial to me. He desperately wants to appear being smart and I am not sure there is any real deepness in this guy. He speaks a lot but does not say anything.
I also think he is someone who loves attention (duh) and wants all eyes on him. That is why he does not like someone like Lawson cause he wants to be boss to. Maybe I am wrong but this was my first impression. (if he stands up against Sam, that would be fun)

Maybe his name going in should have been Yogi...seeing how he's trying to cultivate this whole mystic, deep persona.

I'm not sold on Leo/Ryan?

When he was talking to Skye, calling her darling, it sounded patronising. His whole 'everyone is so nice' was bullshit. I liked how Sam and David were like 'give it time.'

He's seems like one of those people that claim to know more than they actually do because they secretly believe they are enlightened. I think his perfect body/skin/hair/personality is a compensation for psychological conflicts.

I also don't buy the whole down to earth front. I think he secretly thinks he's better than everyone, bar maybe Sam or Lawson.

I'm with Lisa, there's something off about him. I could see someone like him flipping into a psychopath after the 'universe' failed to make his dreams reality

I'm not sold on Leo/Ryan?

When he was talking to Skye, calling her darling, it sounded patronising. His whole 'everyone is so nice' was bullshit. I liked how Sam and David were like 'give it time.'

He's seems like one of those people that claim to know more than they actually do because they secretly believe they are enlightened. I think his perfect body/skin/hair/personality is a compensation for psychological conflicts.

I also don't buy the whole down to earth front. I think he secretly thinks he's better than everyone, bar maybe Sam or Lawson.

I'm with Lisa, there's something off about him. I could see someone like him flipping into a psychopath after the 'universe' failed to make his dreams reality

I liked how Sam and David were like 'give it time.'

And they weren't joking either but I bet the sarcastic tone went over zenboy's head. I loved how many of the housemates ripped shreds off this guy, especially Aisha. :thumbsup:

And they weren't joking either but I bet the sarcastic tone went over zenboy's head. I loved how many of the housemates ripped shreds off this guy, especially Aisha. :thumbsup:
Heaven forbid a guy goes through a massive life change to try to improve his health and as a result embraces positivity instead of being a snarky, negative asshole like the majority of whiny bitches we see on BB every year. Pretty sad when people "can't buy" the fact that not everyone is a miserable bastard. No wonder the world's gone to shit.

Heaven forbid a guy goes through a massive life change to try to improve his health and as a result embraces positivity instead of being a snarky, negative asshole like the majority of whiny bitches we see on BB every year. No wonder the world's gone to shit. Pretty sad when people "can't buy" the fact that not everyone is a miserable bastard.

It's still early days so I'll reserve my full judgement until I get to see a couple more episodes of him interacting with the hms but even I could smell the stench of a tosser wafting into my living room via my tv screen. Yeah, it was that bad.

I thought it was clear from what we've seen of Leo thus far his favourite topics of conversation all have 1 common ingredient: himself in the starring role. :hilarious: And as all Aussies know if there is 1 thing that we have little tolerance for, is a person who has tickets on himself.

If that doesn't set off alarm bells as to what personality type we're dealing with here, then I don't know what will.

The guy doesn't get it that to get in people's good graces as an intruder you have to go in with the mindset of LISTENING TO THEM talk about themselves not the other way around. But I bet that approach never crossed his mind. :facepalm: :hilarious:

Anyway it should be fun observing what Leo does or does not do to fit in the house; at the very least it takes the target off David's back momentarily and that can only be a good thing. :biggrin:

That I said I appreciate Leo purely for the unintentional comedy potential he brings to the house. :)

It's still early days so I'll reserve my full judgement until I get to see a couple more episodes of him interacting with the hms but even I could smell the stench of a tosser wafting into my living room via my tv screen. Yeah, it was that bad.

I thought it was clear from what we've seen of Leo thus far his favourite topics of conversation all have 1 common ingredient: himself in the starring role. :hilarious: And as all Aussies know if there is 1 thing that we have little tolerance for, is a person who has tickets on himself.

If that doesn't set off alarm bells as to what personality type we're dealing with here, then I don't know what will.

The guy doesn't get it that to get in people's good graces as an intruder you have to go in with the mindset of LISTENING TO THEM talk about themselves not the other way around. But I bet that approach never crossed his mind. :facepalm: :hilarious:

Anyway it should be fun observing what Leo does or does not do to fit in the house; at the very least it takes the target off David's back momentarily and that can only be a good thing. :biggrin:

That I said I appreciate Leo purely for the unintentional comedy potential he brings to the house. :)
The HMs were all outside for his morning meditation session and as far as I'm aware no one was holding a gun to their heads and yet then a few go on to bag him about it. The HMs were also all seated around him in a semi circle - to the point where they'd pulled up chairs surrounding him - while he told his travel stories. Again, I'm pretty confident that no one forced them to do that so if people are asking you questions and going that far to show interest (even if feigned) was he not supposed to answer?!

There are no rules for what an intruder should do and in fact I remember the outrage on here last year because both Nathan and Maddie did what you claim is the 'right way' to be an intruder and the forum was wondering why the f they were put in at all if they were just going to sit there and listen to everyone else speak. If the HMs are all surrounding him like they have been and continue to prod him - something he said himself on last night's episode - I think it's a big ask to expect him to remain mute. He's the novelty factor in the house right now and they're all coming to him, not the other way around. I haven't seen any instance of him trying to dominate a conversation or merely talk all about himself even the HMs are trying to steer it that way. In fact I'm pretty sure we saw a conversation tonight where he was asking Cat several questions about her "issues" while they were doing laundry.

As for David's behaviour tonight, as @tanique pointed out this is the same thing he did with Gemma and because he had just yesterday been complaining about people not having the guts to say things to his face but then he proceeded to attempt to bond with Sam by trashing Leo while he had TWO chances when Leo was in the kitchen to explain they're on a budget and maybe hold back on the eating a bit... I'll just say that I'm happy I hadn't placed my votes for this week yet. There's nothing I can't stand more in a HM than hypocrisy.

As for David's behaviour tonight, as @tanique pointed out this is the same thing he did with Gemma and because he had just yesterday been complaining about people not having the guts to say things to his face but then he proceeded to attempt to bond with Sam by trashing Leo while he had TWO chances when Leo was in the kitchen to explain they're on a budget and maybe hold back on the eating a bit... I'll just say that I'm happy I hadn't placed my votes for this week yet. There's nothing I can't stand more in a HM than hypocrisy.
in fact, he completely went silent when one of the boys (jake?) walked past the kitchen from the outside door.
grow a pair hey

I am watching just his episode of come day with me, I would call him a massive douche but I am sure this was organised by the produces and product placement for starshots.

Fuck it, he's a douche lol.

He has dead eyes when he's talking in this.

I am watching just his episode of come day with me, I would call him a massive douche but I am sure this was organised by the produces and product placement for starshots.

Fuck it, he's a douche lol.

He has dead eyes when he's talking in this.
I would be so pissed if some stranger took me on a date to take tacky glamour shots while rubbing up on me topless. Gross. Especially if some other dude took me to swim with dolphins.
That being said, I don't mind him too much on BB.

The HMs were all outside for his morning meditation session and as far as I'm aware no one was holding a gun to their heads and yet then a few go on to bag him about it. The HMs were also all seated around him in a semi circle - to the point where they'd pulled up chairs surrounding him - while he told his travel stories. Again, I'm pretty confident that no one forced them to do that so if people are asking you questions and going that far to show interest (even if feigned) was he not supposed to answer?!

There are no rules for what an intruder should do and in fact I remember the outrage on here last year because both Nathan and Maddie did what you claim is the 'right way' to be an intruder and the forum was wondering why the f they were put in at all if they were just going to sit there and listen to everyone else speak. If the HMs are all surrounding him like they have been and continue to prod him - something he said himself on last night's episode - I think it's a big ask to expect him to remain mute. He's the novelty factor in the house right now and they're all coming to him, not the other way around. I haven't seen any instance of him trying to dominate a conversation or merely talk all about himself even the HMs are trying to steer it that way. In fact I'm pretty sure we saw a conversation tonight where he was asking Cat several questions about her "issues" while they were doing laundry.

+1 to this.

Also, every time I see the title of this thread I think, Don't be mean to the new guy!

The poor bastard is at a massive disadvantage coming in late to all these formed groups and sulky-faced men, and I think he is doing a great job of brightening up the place.

Goes off to meditate...

He is like a walking cliche.
And a freaky time warp throw back - as if he designed himself from a 1980s California New Age manual, written by Jane Fonda and Shirley Maclaine.
And his bullshit about intelligence being important/education etc, umm so what evidence have we of any wit with you, you are a plastic body builder who apparently left school at 15.

He's like a celebrity - the way he's being a 'guru' towards the housemates, telling them all about him, etc. Maybe it's the accent, I don't know.

He's like a celebrity - the way he's being a 'guru' towards the housemates, telling them all about him, etc. Maybe it's the accent, I don't know.

At least it's more of a full accent, I only find US/Canadian accents annoying when they're too diluted with Australian. Pick one or GTFO. He's not too bad on that measure.

Got off to a bad start for me when one of the first things he talked about is that he doesn't have a TV, not owning one isn't something I give a shit about but it's a red flag when people go out of their way to talk about not having one.

i have absolutely no problem thats hes not originally from AU. who gives a shit. first impressions i do think hes dull so far. see what happens if he last a while.

Back