Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Good Moanin faux T thread!

Time has raced to that time of the month :( night shift.

My two nights start tomorrow night and I already feel depressed at the thought.

It was my partners birthday yesterday, and our dinner for two got gate crashed by a broken hearted friend who missed out on gaining a grad position because she overlooked filling out some paperwork. Talk about a Debbie Downer!!

tumblr_mfi4wwNupz1rvqvo4o1_500.gif

I was trying to find you a cute & snuggley gif to make you all better after for when your night shifts are over. Then I found this guy, and, well, those hips are mesmerising!! Sorry your mans b'day din-dins got gatecrashed, but that is a very bitter pill for your friend to swallow! Hope you all washed it down with lots & lots of wine :D

tumblr_mfi4wwNupz1rvqvo4o1_500.gif

I was trying to find you a cute & snuggley gif to make you all better after for when your night shifts are over. Then I found this guy, and, well, those hips are mesmerising!! Sorry your mans b'day din-dins got gatecrashed, but that is a very bitter pill for your friend to swallow! Hope you all washed it down with lots & lots of wine :D
Hello!!!

Those hips are mesmerising! And night shifts are over! YAY!!

My .6 has been ruined by my NUM begging me to work next weekend. Downside I have to work. Upside penalty rates galore!!

I am about to embark on 4 days of restful bliss.

How is everybody?

My .6 has been ruined by my NUM begging me to work next weekend. Downside I have to work. Upside penalty rates galore!!

I am about to embark on 4 days of restful bliss.

How is everybody?
I never knock back extra shifts, especially at weekends. A lot of my make up shifts are on Sundays which I hate but give me weekend and evening penalties. If the government gets rid of penalty rates...
Off to do a late shift today then back onto nights tomorrow for the rest of the weekdays and a makeup shift on Sunday.

unfair.gif

My oven died last night :cry: :(

Oh no! Now that is drastic. Is it fixable or do you need a new one?

It's not a good for appliances, my dishwasher is broken, luckily I have a second teeny one, but still. Also today I had no water. Like, nothing came out of the taps. I do not wish to adult today.

My little brother finished high school earlier this week. So strange, I remember at my own graduation when he was just 6 years old and the thought of him someday doing the same seemed so far away and impossible to fathom, and I couldn't imagine being an ancient 28 year old. Yet here we are. Seriously, time goes way too fast.

My little brother finished high school earlier this week. So strange, I remember at my own graduation when he was just 6 years old and the thought of him someday doing the same seemed so far away and impossible to fathom, and I couldn't imagine being an ancient 28 year old. Yet here we are. Seriously, time goes way too fast.
I remember 28. I was at my peak. Sorry to say it's all downhill from here so make the most of it! lol

Haha damn, but seems about right. My mum swears the thirties are better than the twenties but we will see. My twenties have been pretty kind to me overall.
Actually, the thirties are pretty good too because you've usually learnt a few lessons by then. :)

Are you ok hooley? Is this still house stuff? Hopefully you have a good update soon! Did you ever decide on your travel plans?

RIGHT ON. Just when you think you have it in the bag, it is all taken away! Thought all was happening and now there is another party involved and seems to be the front runner, because he works with the wife. I do have great references, and 3 months rent up in advance - but looks like that is not enough. Have to be find a place in like 10 days. So fricking stressful. I thought it was all signed sealed and almost delivered :(:(

I never knock back extra shifts, especially at weekends. A lot of my make up shifts are on Sundays which I hate but give me weekend and evening penalties. If the government gets rid of penalty rates...
Off to do a late shift today then back onto nights tomorrow for the rest of the weekdays and a makeup shift on Sunday.
Will be an extra $800 in my pay next week :)

I doubt Qld Health will ever get rid of penalties. Our union is way too fierce for that.

On the down side, my accountant tells me I have to pay $2800 extra in tax this year!!

Let me know if you ever need help "tidying up" the med room :D

*hope the med room is what it sounds like.
They lock up all the good stuff in a safe.

Best I could do outside AB's, beta blockers, zoles and statins is maybe a squirt of haloperidol, a Quetiapine or a Risperidone quicklet :( None of which I recommend...

How is Asian life?

I remember 28. I was at my peak. Sorry to say it's all downhill from here so make the most of it! lol
Oh bollocks! Aging is AWESOME!

Haha damn, but seems about right. My mum swears the thirties are better than the twenties but we will see. My twenties have been pretty kind to me overall.
Embrace it! For me, I have loved every decade so much better than the decade before.

The only thing I loved more than my 20's, was my 30's, then my 40's blew my 30's out of the water when it came to joy, adventure and personal happiness. I am nearing my 50's now, and I am so excited to see what this next decade has in store.

Back