Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Oh it's very ummmm shabby chic hehe. Congratulations! I suddenly feel not so bad about Sydney real estate, although who knows how much this would cost around here.

Looking forward to seeing the end result!
Haha, shabby chic is being kind.. it's more.. well, just shabby :)

To give you a perspective with Sydney, this is in the Riverside area of PP, which is downtown/CBD. It's about 50 sqm in size, and will have cost AU$60k altogether by the time I'm finished. Compare this to my 38 sqm studio in Newtown which is currently valued at about AU $420k.

Truth be told, this is the cheapest property I could find. When I'm finished I might put it on the market at $70k and move in and just see what happens... if I sell it I might just find another place and do it all again.

Today my baby boy met his great-great-grandmother! Pretty cool hey? I need to try have all 5 generations in the room at once but it's proving much easier said than done.
Oh you totally have to do that, take some photos to frame!

Ooh exciting. Was this the, er, seaman guy? Or have I just made that up??

Well there is usually semen involved but no I can't say he's a seaman, so must have been your imagination. ;) He does wear a uniform tho.

brandon+routh+underwear+police.gif

Well there is usually semen involved but no I can't say he's a seaman, so must have been your imagination. ;) He does wear a uniform tho.

brandon+routh+underwear+police.gif

Oh yes, well I did drop the ball with regards to remembering details of your life then didn't I, you liking semen was a start though I guess, I'm usually better with homophones!

Haha, shabby chic is being kind.. it's more.. well, just shabby :)

To give you a perspective with Sydney, this is in the Riverside area of PP, which is downtown/CBD. It's about 50 sqm in size, and will have cost AU$60k altogether by the time I'm finished. Compare this to my 38 sqm studio in Newtown which is currently valued at about AU $420k.

Truth be told, this is the cheapest property I could find. When I'm finished I might put it on the market at $70k and move in and just see what happens... if I sell it I might just find another place and do it all again.

Oh yeah Sydney prices are genuinely horrible, you make me want to relocate to South East Asia with those prices.

Oh you totally have to do that, take some photos to frame!

I really do need to, surely I only have so much time. Definitely photo-worthy!

It won't be back till next year will it?

Ragnar is my kinda Viking :heart:

This season is 20 eps, split into 2 x 10 ep blocks. We have had the first, and now on a break/pause til "Autumn" which is our spring, which is right NOW, so where my Vikings be at!! :mad:

They did this to Dr who one year, something about making it more appealing to the American audience, or was it broken up cos of gridiron season? @Meglos - do you remember why they did it?

Rude bitch! I don't see them as failures but rather as successful flings.

You'll be happy to know things a still going with Mr Harvey. It's always been a bit of an on again off again thing and with the distance it's always been an open thing. But all that could be changing as he's put in for a transfer back to the big smoke so you never know what's around the corner. ;)

tumblr_mvcz39zdpn1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

squeeeeeee!!!!! It makes me so happy that you are happy :) (well, that is as long as you are happy with the on/off distance thing, but hey, I see your winky face!! :D)

Today my baby boy met his great-great-grandmother! Pretty cool hey? I need to try have all 5 generations in the room at once but it's proving much easier said than done.

That is really cool :) treasure every minute you can get :)

I can remember when miss 10 was a few weeks old & I was that tired and stressin that if I knew I had somewhere to go (dr apt or whateves) I would start packing her nappy bag the night before with this, that, something else, OMG i'll need that! maybe? and it was such a production it was ridiculous! Thankfully by the time I had my little man I realised all you need is a couple of nappies, wipes, plastic bags, a onesie & a cotton blankie/spew rag.

This season is 20 eps, split into 2 x 10 ep blocks. We have had the first, and now on a break/pause til "Autumn" which is our spring, which is right NOW, so where my Vikings be at!! :mad:

They did this to Dr who one year, something about making it more appealing to the American audience, or was it broken up cos of gridiron season? @Meglos - do you remember why they did it?

Hello :) Yeah, when they split seasons of Dr Who it's in an attempt to increase the ratings. With shorter seasons (or mini-seasons) there are more "first nights" and "finales" to hook in new viewers.

Woohoo!!!!!

tho I must admit I would be daunted by such a project. You don't have to live there while you renovate?

and ditto all the pics pics pics to keep us updated :D
haha cheers @el'coopo

I have the plans mostly done, essentially it's rebuilding exactly what is already there (except watertight, and with decent electrics, plumbing and insulation, aircon etc). To keep costs down I will leave the bathroom and kitchen in their existing spots. I would prefer to build a mezzanine and put the bedroom with an ensuite upstairs, move the kitchen to the front as a spacious kitchen/living room, but as my first major project it's probably best I keep it simple and minimise my costs.

As I'm still nailing down the plans I still don't have a quote from the builder but expect it to be about $20k.

Fortunately I am renting a one bedroom place for $260/month until the end of the year. $ = USD

haha cheers @el'coopo

I have the plans mostly done, essentially it's rebuilding exactly what is already there (except watertight, and with decent electrics, plumbing and insulation, aircon etc). To keep costs down I will leave the bathroom and kitchen in their existing spots. I would prefer to build a mezzanine and put the bedroom with an ensuite upstairs, move the kitchen to the front as a spacious kitchen/living room, but as my first major project it's probably best I keep it simple and minimise my costs.

As I'm still nailing down the plans I still don't have a quote from the builder but expect it to be about $20k.

Fortunately I am renting a one bedroom place for $260/month until the end of the year. $ = USD
How fun!

Interesting to compare prices - I am renting a one bedroom place in a well known central but not huge town in Germany for about twice that. I would have thought it would be a bigger difference. I can't buy a place here for twice whatever it was you paid though. (I don't think.....!)

Timmydownawell.... I'm a bit interested in your situation as its a little similar to mine... I'm an 'expat' with very few 'permanent' Australians around. A fair amount of Americans (married locals after being stationed here a lot of the time) and a few Brits. One South African that I know. Rarely do I come across aother Australian, a Canadian or New Zealander.

Do you have an expat community in PP? How do you stay in contact? I can watch iview and read the age. If I wangle things I can get video on demand from some of the other tv stations. But it's a bit of an exercise...

How fun!

Interesting to compare prices - I am renting a one bedroom place in a well known central but not huge town in Germany for about twice that. I would have thought it would be a bigger difference. I can't buy a place here for twice whatever it was you paid though. (I don't think.....!)

Yes it's hilarious for me to know the total purchase price for this property is less than the 10% deposit I paid for my place in Sydney. But then, this place is rock bottom price in the best location. The next cheapest is about $30k.

That is really cool :) treasure every minute you can get :)

I can remember when miss 10 was a few weeks old & I was that tired and stressin that if I knew I had somewhere to go (dr apt or whateves) I would start packing her nappy bag the night before with this, that, something else, OMG i'll need that! maybe? and it was such a production it was ridiculous! Thankfully by the time I had my little man I realised all you need is a couple of nappies, wipes, plastic bags, a onesie & a cotton blankie/spew rag.

Oh yeah you are not wrong, I'm so not the latter and yes production is the exact word I use. I might finally get the hang of it when I no longer need it! And babies apparently looooove to poop just when it's time to leave, I don't understand!!

Rude bitch! I don't see them as failures but rather as successful flings.

You'll be happy to know things a still going with Mr Harvey. It's always been a bit of an on again off again thing and with the distance it's always been an open thing. But all that could be changing as he's put in for a transfer back to the big smoke so you never know what's around the corner. ;)

:laugh:

Fabulous! I love love. Our friend Mutley has been with Notebook Noah for over a year now and are seriously loved up. They are doing the distance thang too, but it is looking like M is going to relocate.[DOUBLEPOST=1473971906][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ooh exciting. Was this the, er, seaman guy? Or have I just made that up??
Oh there be semen fo sho!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Facebook tells me November!

Good Moanin faux T thread!

Time has raced to that time of the month :( night shift.

My two nights start tomorrow night and I already feel depressed at the thought.

It was my partners birthday yesterday, and our dinner for two got gate crashed by a broken hearted friend who missed out on gaining a grad position because she overlooked filling out some paperwork. Talk about a Debbie Downer!!

Oh yeah you are not wrong, I'm so not the latter and yes production is the exact word I use. I might finally get the hang of it when I no longer need it! And babies apparently looooove to poop just when it's time to leave, I don't understand!!

Every.Single.Time! Wait til they are toddlers just out of nappies and will need/want to go to the loo *just* as you are walking out the door. Lucky they are sooo cute :D

Back