Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Good Moanin faux OT Thread!

I know it is silly, but I still miss Mutleys thread :(

I am about to embark on my one week off! This .6 lifestyle means I am like a fly in fly out, week on week off, miner without leaving my suburb!

I have fallen in love with Gossip Girl, oh ex oh. So my goal this week is to develop a pressure area while watching Season 3!

Me too :(

Hey - I tells ya what is annoying me at the mo - that I am *still* waiting for Vikings to hurry up and come back on telly. I needs to know what is happening in Kattegat.

Reactions: Tee
Well it's official! I have bought this (try not to laugh):
eapNFXH.jpg

Further pics at the listing (and no, I did not pay US$25k for it):
http://yongyap.com/items/rooftop-apartment-to-renovate-with-city-views/

And yes, I plan to demolish it and rebuild, despite its incredible rustic charm. :D

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My first thought was 'is it even legal'? :p
LOL ikr. It's more 'rooftop shack' than 'rooftop apartment'. Even the Ingalls family from Little House on the Praire would feel like they're slumming it in there.

Actually it's rooftop cubby house, that's what it is.

And yes, I'll be documenting its transformation. My total budget for purchase, rebuild *and* furnishing is a mere US$45k (AU$60k). Think I can do it?

LOL ikr. It's more 'rooftop shack' than 'rooftop apartment'. Even the Ingalls family from Little House on the Praire would feel like they're slumming it in there.

Actually it's rooftop cubby house, that's what it is.

And yes, I'll be documenting its transformation. My total budget for purchase, rebuild *and* furnishing is a mere US$45k (AU$60k). Think I can do it?

Well if you can't keep to the budget don't expect us to organise any challengers with Scotty Cam!

What's your time frame for the renos?

Hello Faux-T thread!

So I did something yesterday. I made an offer for a rooftop "apartment" here in Phnom Penh. The agent only called me back this morning to say it was rejected and the vendor was holding out for their latest (reduced) price.

So I'll wait until later this afternoon to put in another offer, make it sound like I have spent the day scraping every last dollar I have together...

If I get it I'll post links/pics, and you'll understand why the word "apartment" is a somewhat optimistic term. :D But for now, let's not jinx it.
Faux T Thread! I love it!!!! I wonder if admin will give us a name swap!

How exciting! I saw on facey you bought it, oooops spoiler alert...

As you well know, I bought some backyard furniture and have almost reno'ed a laundry, which means I am an experienced designer, so if you need advice, I am a pm away!!!

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s

Xo

Me too :(

Hey - I tells ya what is annoying me at the mo - that I am *still* waiting for Vikings to hurry up and come back on telly. I needs to know what is happening in Kattegat.
It won't be back till next year will it?

Ragnar is my kinda Viking :heart:

Well if you can't keep to the budget don't expect us to organise any challengers with Scotty Cam!

What's your time frame for the renos?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey how did the boyfie going, or have you added another carcass to your long list of failures?

You've certainly got an adventure in front of you. Good on you.
He is going to need divine intervention fo sho.

Get on the phone to the big man, qt. He is going to need your prayers,

:laugh:

Good Moanin Faux T Thread!

Work interrupted my week off begging me to do a late last night. It is so busy at the moment. I did 17000 steps. I swear I need a week off to get over one shift!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey how did the boyfie going, or have you added another carcass to your long list of failures?

Rude bitch! I don't see them as failures but rather as successful flings.

You'll be happy to know things a still going with Mr Harvey. It's always been a bit of an on again off again thing and with the distance it's always been an open thing. But all that could be changing as he's put in for a transfer back to the big smoke so you never know what's around the corner. ;)

Well it's official! I have bought this (try not to laugh):
eapNFXH.jpg

Further pics at the listing (and no, I did not pay US$25k for it):
http://yongyap.com/items/rooftop-apartment-to-renovate-with-city-views/

And yes, I plan to demolish it and rebuild, despite its incredible rustic charm. :D

Oh it's very ummmm shabby chic hehe. Congratulations! I suddenly feel not so bad about Sydney real estate, although who knows how much this would cost around here.

Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Rude bitch! I don't see them as failures but rather as successful flings.

You'll be happy to know things a still going with Mr Harvey. It's always been a bit of an on again off again thing and with the distance it's always been an open thing. But all that could be changing as he's put in for a transfer back to the big smoke so you never know what's around the corner. ;)

Ooh exciting. Was this the, er, seaman guy? Or have I just made that up??

Back