Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

How was your night out @Trala , did you eat, drink, and dance the night away, and still make it in bed by 9 pm? :p ...
It was great and we won $170! Sadly it was just a smidge past 9:30pm when we got to bed.... :laugh:

Hey guys!

We did it!!

Minus some art work, we finished the laundry!

While I know it is no Block reno, we feel so proud! It is our first reno, tho I must give a shout to Mutley for helping with colour, design ideas on a budget, and honest feedback. Thank God he talked me out of my black and white tile brain explosion...

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

Hey guys!

We did it!!

While I know it is no Block reno, we feel so proud! It is our first reno, tho I must give a shout to Mutley for helping with colour, design ideas on a budget, and honest feedback. Thank God he talked me out of my black and white tile brain explosion...

View attachment 52101

View attachment 52102
Oh I love it, so clean and fresh looking. You and your man did an awesome Reno.

I've had the flu since Saturday, it's now tapering off to head cold status (sneezing, coughing and phlegm, ugh). But I have to keep making trips in to my new shack because it's the wet season and consequently the rain has been flooding it. Now the downstairs neighbours have been complaining and the agent has given them my phone number! FFS. Who did they complain to for the last two years?????

Anyway it turns out some genius blocked the outlet pipes from the flat roof of the common stairwell (which, incidentally, I don't own), but because the shack was built long after the rest of the building they would have effectively flowed into what is now my kitchen and bedroom. So rather than put some pipes in to direct the water away they just blocked them up with plastic bags and shit. As a result there was an Olympic swimming pool's worth of water was just sitting up there, seeping through wherever it could. I unblocked one, and the water was flowing full strength for a good 30 minutes before it finally slowed down. Put some pipes in to direct the water into a drain so hopefully that will at least minimise the leaks downstairs. There's just no point in spending money on anything when it's all going to be demolished.

Can't wait until my friend gets back from his holidays so I can get my DA in, and start work on demolition and rebuilding. And bring on the dry season! (November)

Hey guys!

We did it!!

View attachment 52101

View attachment 52102

Wow it looks amazing! Did you really do that all yourselves? Impressive!

Oh and ditto to telling Mutley heeeeey back. How is he?

It was over on Tuesday - at 10 to Noon. Finished the move to my new nest.

I sat under the fig tree, in my huge new yard for about 3 hours feeling so numb, but the birds were singing for me, all around. All I could hear were birds, singing and happily making their nests and doing whatever birds do. Not aggressive birds at all, these ones were like welcoming me, and well, I have never feared birds LOL. There might have been a few cows mooing too - LOLLOL

I had sun on my face and shade as well, and a glass of chilled Rainwater. Such a change from the dreary and dingey old place that I spent 10 years at and I have just removed myself from.

A New Chapter. I think I am going to like it. Just need to get my car fixed that broke down late Tuesday afternoon, with the food supplies LOL! I didn't even stress over it - I was so over everything, that a Car Fail was like BRING IT ON!

I also planted 25 Sunflowers on my arrival, I hope they will be in bloom by Christmas, if not my Birthday in January and I have another 125 more to plant :)

There's nothing like a new beginning. Good for you!

Sometimes you just have to let go of everything and I mean everything and that has been a hard thing to do at 55 ........... All will be good and I am thinking along the lines these days that I can not take it with me .........

Still got some cleaning out to do, but feeling more energised now :)

I've had the flu since Saturday, it's now tapering off to head cold status (sneezing, coughing and phlegm, ugh). But I have to keep making trips in to my new shack because it's the wet season and consequently the rain has been flooding it. Now the downstairs neighbours have been complaining and the agent has given them my phone number! FFS. Who did they complain to for the last two years?????

Anyway it turns out some genius blocked the outlet pipes from the flat roof of the common stairwell (which, incidentally, I don't own), but because the shack was built long after the rest of the building they would have effectively flowed into what is now my kitchen and bedroom. So rather than put some pipes in to direct the water away they just blocked them up with plastic bags and shit. As a result there was an Olympic swimming pool's worth of water was just sitting up there, seeping through wherever it could. I unblocked one, and the water was flowing full strength for a good 30 minutes before it finally slowed down. Put some pipes in to direct the water into a drain so hopefully that will at least minimise the leaks downstairs. There's just no point in spending money on anything when it's all going to be demolished.

Can't wait until my friend gets back from his holidays so I can get my DA in, and start work on demolition and rebuilding. And bring on the dry season! (November)
My 83 year old father has been in hospital for a week with Influenza A. He's now in rehab as he had a fall at home which precipitated the hospitalisation because of the flu and two falls in hospital. Nothing broken thankfully. His legs are very weak. However, he's on the mend. Mum has the flu too but not nearly as bad. Hope you feel better soon and the deluge lets up so you can clear the water.

My 83 year old father has been in hospital for a week with Influenza A. He's now in rehab as he had a fall at home which precipitated the hospitalisation because of the flu and two falls in hospital. Nothing broken thankfully. His legs are very weak. However, he's on the mend. Mum has the flu too but not nearly as bad. Hope you feel better soon and the deluge lets up so you can clear the water.
Sorry to hear about your parents, especially your dad. Sounds like he's having a rough time of it.

I'm feeling better, not 100% but good enough. Had a couple of days' reprieve from the rain but had a good thunderstorm storm again last night so I might head in and take a peek and see whether my temporary fix actually worked. The wet season should be over by mid November, which should work out perfectly for demolishing the existing shack and starting the rebuild.

@Khun Khun I hope your dad feels better soon. Some of the strains of flu have been really nasty this year. Most people (including myself) are taking well over a month to get over it. And if you're fragile to start with it's even worse. @timmydownawell it's bad enough having the flu without having to sort out those issues as well. Sounds miserable. Hope you feel better and stronger soon - and bring on the dry season.

Oh I love it, so clean and fresh looking. You and your man did an awesome Reno.
Thanks!

We are super happy with it. The only thing that would make me happier is if you could PLAY YOUR WORDS WITH FRIENDS GAME!!!!

Very nice, Lalas!!

I have to say the wine rack is a nice touch, too. :) Every laundry should have one.
There is a bit of a story to that wine rack. We had a 20 cm gap in the laundry. After much trouble shooting my partner remembered the wine rack he had to take down from our fridge space upstairs when we moved in due our fridge being too large, and bingo!

I like it too. And how cool is the wooden bench top?!

Sorry to hear, KK.

Influenza A had a terrible effect on our aged and auto immune compromised this year.

Just finished my two night shifts and I am about to embark on my week off. This week on/week off business is fucking awesome!

I have some exciting news. I am moving wards. I put in an eoi and have been successful! Change is good for the working soul.

Hope you are all well. Big shout out to my little monkey @el'coopo! I miss your face :)

I currently have Influenza A too. Been off work for over a week, as it has effected my asthma. So over coughing. hope everyone who has it, or has family members with it recover soon xx

I currently have Influenza A too. Been off work for over a week, as it has effected my asthma. So over coughing. hope everyone who has it, or has family members with it recover soon xx
Hope you recover soon too and feel better. It's a nasty thing. Thankfully I've never had the flu as such.

Back