Skip to main content

Benjamin HM 2012 - Officially joins Behind Big Brother.

I thought you were leaving, for good, and never discussing BB again?! Gee, did you even stay away long enough to eat your sandwich!

That aside, Lucas, this is a thread started by Ben 2012 - so he is here, reading, it's apparent, and it is therefore rather rude and unkind to be badgering and banging on at him as if he is not a human, also, and is merely a thread where you can vent your anger about what you perceived to have gone on back in 2012.

I said I was done watching this year's season of Big Brother. I also mentioned I would still be around here. I have watched every Big Brother season since 2001 so I thought I would have the right to discuss previous seasons like everybody else?

Thanks for the sandwich. It was delicious.

Why should I censor myself just because a ex-housemate is here? He had no respect for Estelle. And is still trying to bring her down even after winning the show. I suspect Ben would probably have a read of every thread here that mentions him and 2012 hence his status "apparently I am one of the most hated winners of Big Brother". That discussion was in the "most universally disliked housemates" thread in the housemates forum.

I am not going out of my way and be mean to Ben I was just replying to @Shackles post for my reason why I thought the 2012 housemates behaviour affected me more than the housemates of the 2006 season.

Fair enough that you are a Ben fan and you are going to defend him but I am a Estelle fan and going to support her. It is funny how two people can see two events completely different.

I took offence at @kxk's post saying people should go seek help. Who is he/she to suggest that? I don't spend all my time thinking and getting angry about the injustice of 2012. If the discussion pops up here on a Big Brother forum I am going to discuss it if i feel I have a valid reply.

I shoulda posted in this thread ages ago but imma go off now.....

2012 season was easily the worst one they ever had. The only housemates that were ever challenging to win the show were that Michael dude who blew it when he macked on with Estelle in the last week, and Ben. I think one of the major factors of Ben winning was the fact he is gay. All the bitchy shit and theatrics he put on in the house was just seen as 'stereotypical gay behaviour', which is why he went a long way to winning over the teenage girls. Winning in 2012 wasn't much to brag about. He and that red head bitch who thought she was a comedian practically dragged Estelle into 3rd position by talking about her non-stop and making her look like the poster girl for bullying victims. I didn't like Estelle at all, but she's the only housemate i ever voted for, just cos it was hilarious to see the other housemates faces whenever she was saved. I always thought Ben was a self-loathing person who seeked attention by putting other people down. I also thought he was a bit insecure about himself, which was confirmed when he said he secretly wishes he was as popular as Tim. Son just take your win and get over it. It's true he was entertaining, but it wasn't hard to be entertaining amongst those housemates.

I think one of the major factors of Ben winning was the fact he is gay.

@Benjamin2012HM didn't win because he was gay, he won because he was entertaining. I know heaps will disagree with me & say he was a bully.

IMO: If there was bullying happening, Alex etc would have done something.

@Estelle.Landy was asked by BB if she was being bullied & her answer was no.

Just because you are left out of something that doesn't make it bullying.

What we were shown about how Estelle was 'acting', if I was HM I would have lost my shit.

IMO: Estelle used the I am different to her advantage, but in the end the viewers grew tiresome of it.

The entire time Estelle was in the house, she had lavender behind her ear, yet out of the house the lavender is nowhere to be seen.

So that means it was a prop on BB, so IMO she went in there to be different & get the focus on her.

@Benjamin2012HM didn't win because he was gay, he won because he was entertaining. I know heaps will disagree with me & say he was a bully.

IMO: If there was bullying happening, Alex etc would have done something.

@Estelle.Landy was asked by BB if she was being bullied & her answer was no.

Just because you are left out of something that doesn't make it bullying.

What we were shown about how Estelle was 'acting', if I was HM I would have lost my shit.

IMO: Estelle used the I am different to her advantage, but in the end the viewers grew tiresome of it.

The entire time Estelle was in the house, she had lavender behind her ear, yet out of the house the lavender is nowhere to be seen.

So that means it was a prop on BB, so IMO she went in there to be different & get the focus on her.

The fact that you're drawing conclusions about Estelle's character based on whether she has a plant in her hair or not is laughable.

The twitter fight was me and another person both very drunk. When I read the post, it felt like I had never seen them before!

Terrible moment in my life.

I have apologized a lot - to many people. Actually I apologize mainly to myself. They were actually deleted by my partner who woke up and told us off.

True story

I know I'm going to get dragged for bringing this up, but I'm just getting to reading this thread (shows exactly how bored I am at work to read a Ben thread) ... but, being drunk is NO excuse for bad behaviour and I think it's a cop out.

There's a Latin phrase "in vino veritas" which translates to "in wine [there is the] truth", which I fully believe that what you do while drunk, represents your uninhabited self. I think the exuse to hide behind intoxication in pathetic and it just reinforces your nature to deflect the bad things you do onto something/someone else, in this case being drunk.

Sure, you say it was a terrible moment in your life, and it probably was when you realised what you'd done, but I'm sure as it was going down you were kicking and screaming and pissing yourself while having a merry old time showing it to whoever you were with at the time and thinking you were the funniest people on earth. I read through the twitter posts and they were filled with venom and spite, the same characteristics we all watched in a more subdued manner while you were on tv.

Apologising mainly to yourself as you say, really just invalidates your insincere apologies you offered to everyone else. You should have sincerely apologised to everyone else and be sincerely ashamed of yourself!

I know I'm going to get dragged for bringing this up, but I'm just getting to reading this thread (shows exactly how bored I am at work to read a Ben thread) ... but, being drunk is NO excuse for bad behaviour and I think it's a cop out.

I read through the twitter posts and they were filled with venom and spite, the same characteristics we all watched in a more subdued manner while you were on tv.

Apologising mainly to yourself as you say, really just invalidates your insincere apologies you offered to everyone else. You should have sincerely apologised to everyone else and be sincerely ashamed of yourself!

Instead there was another side, he told me that he was hacked and was not responsible for the posts.

I am not digging, only speaking facts...

One trend in both of our threads, why is it OK to personally attack eachother based on posts? Can you all not be respectful enough to allow others opinions to differ from that of yours?
And do so TACTFULLY?

The way you all speak to Lucas is a disgrace, stooping to attacking his mental health all because he disagrees with something you say.
Instead of drawing tactfully onto points as to why you disagree, you yourselves bully him by
selling yourselves short by not justifying your responses and taking the lazy route of name calling..

There are a few things my worldly Mother taught me and I stand by them: NEVER, EVER attack someone's being.
You can tell people why you disagree with their beliefs, values etc. But anything beyond that, to do with looks or mental ability is disgusting and tasteless.
Same goes with people who are singled out based on things they cannot change eg: Sex, race, sexual orientation, blah blah.

You can address your distaste with behaviours ... UGh makes me sick!

Support your argument/discussions or at least just explain yourself rather than being so horrible.

Instead there was another side, he told me that he was hacked and was not responsible for the posts.

I am not digging, only speaking facts...

One trend in both of our threads, why is it OK to personally attack eachother based on posts? Can you all not be respectful enough to allow others opinions to differ from that of yours?
And do so TACTFULLY?

The way you all speak to Lucas is a disgrace, stooping to attacking his mental health all because he disagrees with something you say.
Instead of drawing tactfully onto points as to why you disagree, you yourselves bully him by
selling yourselves short by not justifying your responses and taking the lazy route of name calling..

There are a few things my worldly Mother taught me and I stand by them: NEVER, EVER attack someone's being.
You can tell people why you disagree with their beliefs, values etc. But anything beyond that, to do with looks or mental ability is disgusting and tasteless.
Same goes with people who are singled out based on things they cannot change eg: Sex, race, sexual orientation, blah blah.

Support your argument/discussions or at least just explain yourself rather than being so horrible.

Well said estelle to many pass judgement on people simply by their appearance or differences

Shows how little you know... The Evictee and the winner at the only legitimately counted results. The rest it is not mandatory to have counted.

Ben are you REALLY this thick? Only days ago you came on here opening statement, guns a blazing telling lies - this shows your behaviour is continuing.

Otherwise I wouldn't be her eon this forum now posting!

....There are a few things my worldly Mother taught me and I stand by them: NEVER, EVER attack someone's being.

What you did was all of those three.
1. Unfair power - you were a more popular housemate. Clearly, more people liked you in the house than they did Estelle, who was alone for the vast majority of the time. This creates a power imbalance.
2. Repeated - is there really any point in me arguing this. For almost the entire leg of Big Brother, you (and others, might I add) bullied her. It was constant, and we saw it.
3. On purpose - there were a plethora of times that I can name where you and other housemates went out of your way to make a nasty comment or snide remark either to or at Estelle.

You say you're trying to move past this, when you haven't accepted what you did at all. You're a coward, Ben. I'll respect your decisions and actions in attempts to move on with your life, but know that I know otherwise of your relationship with Estelle.

"but know that I know otherwise of your relationship with Estelle." - definitely a family member, or friend.
Good argument though, and I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying.

If that really is you Ben, I just want to say thanks for helping to provide a great season.

I LOVED you in the house.

You really are the first housemate I liked enough to spend money on (you still owe me $12 in saves and it would be great to get that back...). You had firm friendships with all of the housemates I liked that year and I think you were a more than worthy winner.

If I had a dollar, for every time I fought with Ben Haters in here defending you, I could have bought the Big Brother franchise, sacked Alex and brought back live stream!

Are you still friends with Stacey? She seems like so much fun!

Congratulations @Trala for it appears you've discovered the limit of your posts that I am prepared to "like".

You win. :D

regarDS

Back