Skip to main content

Benjamin HM 2012 - Officially joins Behind Big Brother.

In the end, they are only shows, reality shows, who knows what goes on behind closed doors. I would be more interested to watch behind the scenes, the Producers etc. That's where it all unfolds. Housemates are willing puppets. To liven things up, a few drinks, a challenge and watch them perform. All in a day's work. I do know of someone in another reality show. All wasn't as it appeared. They had to wear earpiece. Were told what to say, how to react, when to walk off. Very staged. Was surprised to see original Big Brother, Peter Abbott come out and say they were told they could blame editing for how they come across. Heard a few blame that. Doesn't affect us who wins, unless you waste far too much money voting. I find that part wrong, people should have one Vote. Not be expected to spend a fortune on a favourite. Winners aren't always grinners. Can count on one hand those who actually lived happily every after, after winning. So to us, not such a big deal who did end up winning. Like putting a bet on a horse race. The more you gamble the more you risk losing.

You are a disgusting human being.
Wogboy is no more or less offensive than 'sudaca'. :whistling: Joookes. :p

No, seriously the word 'wog' is a badge of pride among 'ethnics' in Victoria at least, similar to how black americans have appropriated the N word but even more accepted I feel.

Is Ben even a 'wog'? His last name is Norris after all. Could be from his mum's side I guess given he is a bit 'swarthy'. lol :D

No, seriously the word 'wog' is a badge of pride among 'ethnics' in Victoria at least, similar to how black americans have appropriated the N word but even more accepted I feel.
It's not the term "wog" that I was objecting to.

If you don't like Ben that's ok, but Some comments are not warranted and certainly not deserved! These hms are human beings. Ben and Estelle have family and friends they care about and feel pain like the rest of us. @Loretta Paladino, I hope you are banned for good!
Funny/ironic that it resembles some of Ben's previous witty repartee. i.e. wishing people would die in a fire, I'm gonna destroy her, etc.. Just sayin'.

Is Ben even a 'wog'? His last name is Norris after all. Could be from his mum's side I guess given he is a bit 'swarthy'. lol :D

I'm going to assume you haven't actually read the comment. Otherwise I'm at a lost at how you can't see just how wrong a comment it was and quite frankly disappointed in you.

^ That's okay, CaspersMum cleared it up in the previous posts. :thumbsup:

Like I said I thought he/she was talking out of their behinds, not realising that there was some truth in it.

^ That's okay, CaspersMum cleared it up in the previous posts. :thumbsup:

Like I said I thought he/she was talking out of their behinds, not realising that there was some truth in it.

Glad to hear it. Let's hug it out.

tumblr_mggbjsDz7W1qzdmkwo1_500.gif

I don't get that reference? Is the phrase 'I think?', because I find it hard to believe no one used such a sentence before.
My bad I should have worded that differently. I don't think 'hugging it out' was a mainstream phrase prior to that Entourage episode going to air.

Kinda like how twerking has existed as far back as the 90s but only became a common slang term thanks to Miley in the last few years.

My bad I should have worded that differently. I don't think 'hugging it out' was a mainstream phrase prior to that Entourage episode going to air.

Kinda like how twerking has existed as far back as the 90s but only became a common slang term thanks to Miley in the last few years.

Ewww. Thanks for the background info. Deleting that phrase from my repertoire.

His mum had an 'accent' I remember. She sounded like a Southern European Australian.

They could be Maltese, because they tend to have Anglicized surnames ('Norris'). Or maybe his father is English?

Ha! Yes, all those years I spent studying accounting and all the subsequent years I've spent working in audit and assurance has really left me with no clue on how it all works. I'm devastated you and your expertise didn't join earlier as I would have nominated you as my mentor!

I'm not clear on what you're trying to get at here because tbh you're not making any sense. When the voting lines close there isn't some poor sod sitting in a control room going 'fuck this I'm not counting all these votes I'll just count one of the HMs votes and say they're the winner'. Nope, sorry. Here's how it works.

Salmat Digital is engaged as the voting service provider for BB (and many other programmes such as The X Factor, The Voice, The Block). Salmat manages all three voting streams - phone, SMS and Facebook - their systems record, validate and count all votes submitted. Salmat's systems are continually tested in accordance with their internal compliance programme through the use of quality audits specifically designed to identify any possible - or actual - faults, shortcomings, and/or fraudulent activities. The robustness and effectiveness of their internal compliance programme as well as the actual voting system itself are independently tested and verified by Ernst & Young who carry out their own audit and assurance activities in order to prepare reports for Salmat which they ensure are reviewed and implemented. E&Y's processes are in turn compliant with best-practice (as is expected of one of the Big Four) as well as standards issued by various statutory and professional bodies.

Are you talking about adjudicators? Because if you are you may be partially correct. I'm not 100% certain whether an independent adjudicator from E&Y is present to witness and verify the counting of votes for each eviction. I would hope so as that's best practice but at a minimum I'd say they're there for the finale, but you'd have to confirm that with Salmat.

I'm confident though that your whole issue isn't really about the auditing of votes but rather it's about the influencing of votes by revealing the percentages prior to the close of voting. Which is an entirely different conversation and has absolutely no impact on the validity of the count. The reality is that the system to record and count votes is fair and impartial and the presence of an adjudicator, whilst encouraged, is not essential as the system itself has already been tested and verified at various different levels by various different and independent parties. But by all means continue to disregard these layers-upon-layers of checks and balances and believe Salmat or E&Y would risk their very business to rig a Big Brother eviction, after all it's your right to wear a tinfoil hat.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to educate many people who can't handle the truth. Well explained and appreciated.

Back