Skip to main content

BBUSA: Battle of the Block. In HD. And Color.

I reckon Derrick has an unfair advantage. To be an undercover cop he would have received extensive training in winning people's confidence, reading liars, engineering situations undetected, etc. Plus all his experience putting these skills into action. I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed on the show, just that he has a crazy unfair advantage.

I was so sad when Nicole flattered his playing skills and he immediately decided she had to go. I will miss her, along with Donny and Zach. I don't really care who wins out of the remaining HGs. Except like most of you feel, Frankie cannot win.

Felt a little sorry for Christine, even though I wasn't that into her. As a super fan, she would have been so excited to go into the house, and it has turned into a disaster for her: unhappy husband, unhappy family, unhappy small-town community (probably), unhappy viewers, plus getting shafted as she was, she didn't even make any real friends in the house. She didn't get a win anywhere. Maybe she brought it on herself, but how her friendship with Cody affects her marriage isn't anyone's business but her and her husband's.

I reckon Derrick has an unfair advantage. To be an undercover cop he would have received extensive training in winning people's confidence, reading liars, engineering situations undetected, etc. Plus all his experience putting these skills into action. I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed on the show, just that he has a crazy unfair advantage.

I was so sad when Nicole flattered his playing skills and he immediately decided she had to go. I will miss her, along with Donny and Zach. I don't really care who wins out of the remaining HGs. Except like most of you feel, Frankie cannot win.

Felt a little sorry for Christine, even though I wasn't that into her. As a super fan, she would have been so excited to go into the house, and it has turned into a disaster for her: unhappy husband, unhappy family, unhappy small-town community (probably), unhappy viewers, plus getting shafted as she was, she didn't even make any real friends in the house. She didn't get a win anywhere. Maybe she brought it on herself, but how her friendship with Cody affects her marriage isn't anyone's business but her and her husband's.

Christine did it to herself. She was always just playing to help Derrick win. If she had half a brain, or an ounce of foresight or less of a soft wet spot for Cody she would have sided with Nicole, Hayden and Donny, and possibly done quite well. SHe allowed herself to be a puppet, and bitched about nice people, who wanted to play with her, so she could be a pawn in Derrick's game.

Christine did it to herself. She was always just playing to help Derrick win. If she had half a brain, or an ounce of foresight or less of a soft wet spot for Cody she would have sided with Nicole, Hayden and Donny, and possibly done quite well. SHe allowed herself to be a puppet, and bitched about nice people, who wanted to play with her, so she could be a pawn in Derrick's game.
Agreed, she did bring it on herself. I was so disappointed when she double crossed Nicole and Hayden. She was pretty awful at times, I didn't like her either.

I just feel sorry for her because she's messed everything up, most importantly her relationship with her husband and family, which is a pretty heavy consequence for going on a TV show.

HoH redo:
Caleb won. Hopefully someone other than Frankie can win the Veto.
what really annoys me is that BB is so predictable that they are all sitting around memorising faces from the memory wall for a morph competition that they KNOW is going to happen
its like they KNOW there's due to be a double eviction in week X etc ... being a superfan like Derrick or Nicole that would give an advantage ...
mind you since some of them are STILL surprised that the cameras are on 24/7 ( well DUH!!) ... maybe the repetitive season-to-season predictability doesn't faze anyone but me ...

I don't think Derrick's got an 'unfair' advantage because of his background - and where do you draw the line?
I just don't think the others are taking enough notice of him ... and by the time they realise they're on their way out the door or sitting in jury house comparing notes and finally having lightbulb moments

personally hoping to see Arianna's brother leave closely followed by Cody and then Caleb ... I'd be happy to see Derrick and his helpful sidekick Velcro sitting there as final 2 and Derrick to win it

who would have guessed Victoria would make it this far - but then again could say the same for Sabs from BBCan2

well doh me - whilst I stand by the predictability factor for the HM's I just also woke up to the fact I'm talking about a competition that is rewound ... my excuse is I'm only now catching up on the last 3 eps tonight and have been only following whats been going on by my twitter feed between last weekend and this one ...

Hayden to Christine : Do you have a thing for Dinosaurs now?
Christine: noooooo
Donny: Do you have an attorney?
BAZINGA!
Go Donny - sharp as a tack!!

Hayden to Christine : Do you have a thing for Dinosaurs now?
Christine: noooooo
Donny: Do you have an attorney?
BAZINGA!
Go Donny - sharp as a tack!!
Yes, I loved that. I really wish we had more footage of the jury house.

Nominations:
Victoria (like that's a spoiler!!!) and...
Frankie. Yippee. Just got to hope he doesn't win the Veto, but bet he bloody does. Really hope Cody or Derrick win it and blindside him.

ok so "apparently" Frankie and Derek have been told as Team America if they make F2 they will add $50K to the final prize money

so is this not rigging the end result?

hmm ok so this is newer jokers update

Per their conversation, they do not have to be in the f2 together for the winner to get the 50k bonus, IF the winner is a TA member, the winner gets an extra 50k.

Derrick pointed out that the only way to guarantee that the bonus is earned at all, is if they are both there.

Sooooo Derek is still working the angles with Frankie so Frankie will keep him BUT still intending to cut Frankie (I hope!!) - because really when it comes down to it will he care less if Frankie can have the 50k - he just would be wanting it for himself and he doesn't need Frankie with him in order to win it

If CBS want to donate $50k to Frankie's charity (what's it called - the Grande Foundation??) (cynical me ... but do we get to check back in a couple of years to see how many buildings are actually built or if the charity is still up and running?) why don't they just make a Grande gesture on Finale night whether he's in f3 or not ?

It's annoying either way, especially as producers have been pretty good this year in not really rigging anything - far better than most seasons. (People say Frankie is getting a good edit, but I don't think with Frankie there's any such thing as a good edit!)

The annoying thing with this is the viewers haven't been involved at all. It coming so late in the day with no viewer involvement screams of producers trying to fix things and gives all those people who say they favour Frankie more ammunition, when in reality Frankie being evicted is probably the best thing that could happen for the show this week and theres only a couple of episodes after that anyway. To me a Cody-Caleb-Derrick final three is far more interesting than any which involves Frankie.

It's annoying either way, especially as producers have been pretty good this year in not really rigging anything - far better than most seasons. (People say Frankie is getting a good edit, but I don't think with Frankie there's any such thing as a good edit!)

The annoying thing with this is the viewers haven't been involved at all. It coming so late in the day with no viewer involvement screams of producers trying to fix things and gives all those people who say they favour Frankie more ammunition, when in reality Frankie being evicted is probably the best thing that could happen for the show this week and theres only a couple of episodes after that anyway. To me a Cody-Caleb-Derrick final three is far more interesting than any which involves Frankie.

I agree, but CBS is probably hoping to get some sort of participation from Ariana if Frankie goes far.

well Ariana was here in Sydney this week so isn't she touring? and would Frankie really want to share HIS limelight with her - given that in truth its probably going to be the highlight of his career because soon enough the teenies that follow him will move onto the next new best thing ...

Good news:
Cody won the Veto. Cody, Caleb and Derrick have a seemingly tight final three deal (though I think Derrick would definately evict Caleb over Victoria)

well Ariana was here in Sydney this week so isn't she touring? and would Frankie really want to share HIS limelight with her - given that in truth its probably going to be the highlight of his career because soon enough the teenies that follow him will move onto the next new best thing ...

Aside from his presence in social media, the Grande surname's the only thing that Frankie has going for him.

Aside from his presence in social media, the Grande surname's the only thing that Frankie has going for him.
and since I've seen a lot of negativity about Ariana online - diva-like behaviour, incomprehensible lyrics etc - even the surname isn't doing much for me

Back