Skip to main content

BBUSA: Battle of the Block. In HD. And Color.

Brekkie

Staff member
The header says it all, but the main news is after years behind the times they're finally going HD.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_16/2014_Jun_05_high-definition

All sorts of excuses for why it's taken so long (really can't see cost being the issue it's made out to be for what has to be one of the richest networks in the world) and it sounds like rather than realising rebuilding the house from scratch would have made the whole process easier (and probably cheaper!) they just spent 3 years doing it bit by bit again so now we'll just see the same old dated tired layout - but in HD.

GET READY FOR EVEN MORE “BIG BROTHER” THIS SUMMER

ACROSS ALL SCREENS

BIG BROTHER Debuts in HD for the First Time with a Special Two-Night Premiere Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26 on CBS

BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK Will Air in HD and Feature Expanded Hours Beginning with its Commercial-Free Premiere Thursday, June 26 on TVGN (TV Guide Network)

Multiplatform Programming Includes New “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff” and “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter” Events, Plus the Return of CBS.com’s 24/7 Live Feeds and Weekly BIG BROTHER Live Chats

LOS ANGELES – BIG BROTHER fans will have even more interactive and cross-platform elements to enjoy when the new season kicks off with a special two-night premiere, Wednesday, June 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday, June 26 (9:00-10:00 PM), on the CBS Television Network.

The show will be broadcast in HD for the first time this summer. The BIG BROTHER house has been outfitted with 76 HD cameras and more than 100 microphones to give fans new viewpoints inside the house and double the coverage in the backyard.

For the second consecutive year, TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be the exclusive television destination for BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK, a live feed from the BIG BROTHER house during the late-night hours beginning on Thursday, June 26. This season, BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air in HD and will expand with even more airtime throughout the summer. BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air commercial-free on its premiere night.

Expanded interactive and multi-platform features will bring fans closer to the Houseguests with new Impact Votes, BIG BROTHER 24/7 Live Feed features and exclusive digital programming. CBS.com will kick off the season on June 25 with a new pre-premiere event, “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff,” hosted by former Houseguest Jeff Schroeder at 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT. Following the June 26 episode of BIG BROTHER, Schroeder will host the first “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter,” where he will live-tweet the first 16 hours of the BIG BROTHER 24/7 Live Feeds, which return to CBS.com with new offerings, including exclusive votes just for Live Feed subscribers.

“We saw tremendous growth in engagement around the interactive and multiplatform elements we launched last year – including triple digit growth in engagement around the fan-driven Impact Votes,” said Rob Gelick, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Platforms for CBS Interactive Entertainment. “Our goal this season is to give fans even more access and ways to affect the BIG BROTHER house. We can’t wait for fans to see what we have in store this season.”

Details of the social, interactive and multiplatform features fans can look forward to this season include:

·CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff,” Hosted by Jeff Schroeder, the CBS.com Pre-Show will air live exclusively online an hour before the east coast on-air premiere on June 25. The special event will feature commentary on the new cast and discuss some of the new twists fans can expect this season.

·CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter” Event:The BIG BROTHER All-Nighter begins following the second night of the BIG BROTHER premiere on June 26. Schroeder will live tweet the action in the house for the first 16 hours of the Live Feeds.

·BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on CBS.com: The BIG BROTHER Live Feeds subscription service provides an exclusive, all-access pass to the BIG BROTHER house. Fans will have an opportunity to see all of the action inside the BIG BROTHER house when the Live Feeds begin on Thursday, June 26 at 10:00 PM PT / 1:00 AM ET. Along with all the features fans know and love – like subscriber-only web chat, four different camera feeds, a quad-camera view, live feed highlights and live stream playback – this year, BIG BROTHER Live Feeds subscribers will also have the chance to affect fun aspects of house life with exclusive Live Feed Votes throughout the season. In addition, CBS.com will add a Houseguest Tracker, so fans can keep tabs on their favorite Houseguests with comprehensive stat cards tracking everything from challenges to nominations.

Fans can sign up now for the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds Early Bird Special for a discounted subscription and access to special features leading up to the premiere, including a selection of full-episodes from past seasons and Live Chat events with past seasons’ winners. Feeds will be available via subscription on a season-long or monthly basis. To sign up, visit:http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/.

·BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on Mobile Devices: In addition to watching the Live Feeds on CBS.com, subscribers will also be able to access the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on mobile devices by visiting cbs.com/bblivefeeds/ from their mobile browser.The mobile experience will be enhanced this year with new features, including the ability to vote in the exclusive Live Feed Votes, and access to the Houseguest Tracker, highlights and social media feeds.

·BIG BROTHER on the CBS App: iOS, Android, Windows 8 and Blackberry users will be able to catch up on full episodes of BIG BROTHER on the CBS App the day after they air. Also, they’ll be able to follow the social media conversation around the show, view photos and get cast details. Full episodes and clips will also be available on CBS.com and across select CBS Audience Network partner sites.

·CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER Live Chat”: The weekly “BIG BROTHER Live Chat” web series will return with host Jeff Schroeder. Every Friday at 12:00 PM PT, Schroeder will take questions directly from fans via BIG BROTHER Connect and interview Houseguests and series experts in a live streaming chat.

·BIG BROTHER Social Media:

oFan-Driven #BBSelfie and the BIG BROTHER Photo Booth: The BIG BROTHER Photo Booth returns for its second season with a new twist. Fans will be able to submit photos using #BBSelfie that could be chosen to go into the BIG BROTHER House Photo Booth each week. Also, fans will be able to use the power of Twitter to unlock exclusive photos from the house on CBS.com.

oBIG BROTHER on Twitter: Fans can follow @CBSBigBrother for updates on the show, @BigBrotherScoop for exclusive production updates, and @BigBrotherHoH for messages from each week’s Head of Household.

·CBS.com’s HoH Blog: CBS.com’s “Head of Household” blog has been revamped this year and will now include video.

BIG BROTHER will be presented multiple nights of the week across broadcast and cable television:

·BIG BROTHER on The CBS Television Network:BIG BROTHER will debut in HD with a special two-night premiere Wednesday, June 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday June 26 (9:00-10:00 PM), with the first live eviction show the following week (Thursday, July 3). The Sunday broadcast premieres June 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

·BIG BROTHER on TVGN: BIG BROTHER on TVGN: For the second consecutive year, TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be the exclusive television destination for BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK. This season, TVGN will expand BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK with even more air time throughout the summer. Beginning Thursday, June 26, BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air seven nights a week (11:00 PM-2:00 AM, live ET on Monday and Tuesday; 12:00 AM-2:00 AM, live ET on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; and 1:00 AM-3:00 AM, live ET on Thursday). To locate TVGN on a television service provider, viewers can visit www.tvgn.tv for a channel finder.

Last summer, BIG BROTHER experienced significant growth across platforms. The BIG BROTHER fan-driven Impact Votes for the 2013 season generated more than 10 million fan votes, an increase in fan engagement of 529 percent over the previous year. In addition, social media commentary around the show was up 67 percent over the previous season, according to SocialGuide, and the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds service also saw tremendous levels of engagement: over 10 million hours of video were streamed live and 31 million subscriber chat entries were made within 23,000 fan-created BIG BROTHER Live Feeds chat rooms.

BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with 76 HD cameras and more than 100 microphones, recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week, the Houseguests will vote someone out of the house. At the end, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the grand prize of $500,000. BIG BROTHER is produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol USA.

- 2 HOH´s
- 4 nominees
- New comp called "Battle of the block"
- Something called Team America to allow more viewer influence on the show

Buddytv.com said:
'Big Brother 16' Twist Revealed: Two HoHs and More

Big Brother 16 premieres in one week, and Wednesday on The Talk, host Julie Chen revealed some of the details of "the most twisted season" ever. And it involves double the trouble.

Chen announced that every week, there will be two HoHs, both of whom will nominate two people (meaning four total nominations). It's unclear how this will work out, whether it's a single or double eviction each week and whether there will also be two PoV winners.

However, that's not all. There will also be a new competition called "Battle of the Block," and though Chen didn't give any details, she did say that it could mean the HoH isn't necessarily safe.

Finally, she promised that viewers will be able to influence the game more than ever thanks to something called "Team America." Let the Matt Damon jokes begin.

None of this is particularly revealing, though we should get more tomorrow when the HGs are revealed. The idea of two HoHs makes me think they could be going with a newbies vs. veterans angle, where half the HGs are new and half are returning players, each of which gets one HoH who will nominate among their own. That, however, is just my theory. And I'm sure, like the coaches twist, it will end after a month or so and then we'll be back to one HoH per week.

Big Brother 16 premieres with a two-night Move-In event on Wednesday, June 25 at 8pm and Thursday, June 26 at 9pm on CBS.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-16-twist-revealed-53851.aspx

CBS article: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1002652/

Sounds like they've made some promising changes, though the Team America aspect could be anything - if history is anything to go by it'll be less influential than Canada's twists.

The main twist sounds great though - 2 HoHs, both nominate 2 people (and can nominate rival HoH). Not fully explained but almost certain the "Battle of the Block" will decide who becomes the final HoH and nominees for the week before the eviction takes place as normal. Hopefully this replaces the Veto rather than is in addition to it - it's the one aspect of the show IMO long overdue a major twist.

And I suspect as with every BBUSA twist it'll be dropped at the Jury stage and the traditional Veto will probably return. In theory though the Battle of the Block idea could probably go down to the final 6. Isn't any confirmation on whether the HoH's can nominate the same people - presumably not as that make the battle somewhat invalid.

I'm really not all that bothered with the twist... As I've said for years I think we've seen enough of the format changes in the beginning of the series and to be completely honest I haven't really felt that they've made that much of an impact... We all know that after 4 or 5 week the format returns to the same stale structure... That said logistically it makes sense to drop a portion of the twist as the game progresses but that should be planned from the start... MVP/3 nominees had great potential to play out for the majority of the series but was poorly planned around one particular HG...

What also makes this series unappealing for me is the fact that they are bringing in returning players... IMO the twist is basically there to enure the majority of them remain in to the endgame just as the dynamic duo twist and the coaches twist was... It also doesn't fair well for anyone playing the game for the first time... Returning players usually have strategy worked out before they even enter the house and more often than not form a much better cohesive unit than the first time players... With the coaches twist in place the newbies fared better than the did in series 13 but mainly because for the first 5 weeks they were playing for themselves but even then the majority of them were merely sheep in the veteran players flock just as they were in series 13... I mean at this point we are well overdue for a second AllStar series... I think at least for myself I'd be more inclined to fake an interest if it was, however at the end of the day I think the twist itself would play out better if it were all first time players...

Just hope they're on the whole actually likeable - BB Canada showed that you can have a likeable cast that plays the game hard and delivers. Sadly though I'm not sure the producers have learned their lessons, especially as they still worship out and out bigot Jeff as some kind of god.

Just hope they're on the whole actually likeable - BB Canada showed that you can have a likeable cast that plays the game hard and delivers. Sadly though I'm not sure the producers have learned their lessons, especially as they still worship out and out bigot Jeff as some kind of god.
This one seems to be cast a lot more like Canada's was. I really liked their personalities in their interviews (the link I posted in #6 has 15 minute interviews with each HM). I think that stuff with Jeff was overblown and I like him (I think he has quite a few people on each side but I think he's a good guy overall). There may be a few that aren't game savvy but most of them claim to have seen many seasons of the show.

BqotiwyCQAA58fS.jpg:large

a tale of two neckties - Jocasta's and Amber's

Was going to post a Youtube link of the first HOH competition but seems I read we shouldn't post Youtube links here? Unsure...Its only the first bit of it anyway.

Back