Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

Yes, but when it becomes clear what he meant. People shouldn't follow through on the incorrect narrative. It doesn't matter if it sounded like he said it, when you know he wasn't meaning that. You shouldn't still pretend he was.
I think it only became clear later that he had been referring to something he watched on television. It took him 24 h to issue a clarification. No he didn't explicitly say 'there was a terror attack in Sweden last night' but he did say 'look at what is happening in Sweden last night' rather than 'and look what was broadcast about Sweden last night' and given the context and that he (and quite a few of his team) are continually very sloppy with their language, I think he deserved he criticism he got on that.

I think it only became clear later that he had been referring to something he watched on television. It took him 24 h to issue a clarification. No he didn't explicitly say 'there was a terror attack in Sweden last night' but he did say 'look at what is happening in Sweden last night' rather than 'and look what was broadcast about Sweden last night' and given the context and that he (and quite a few of his team) are continually very sloppy with their language, I think he deserved he criticism he got on that.
You beat me, but yes, exactly. There was a very long pause between the speech and the "clarification". My point was that this fiasco was entirely of his own making.

I think he deserved he criticism he got on that.

The problem is that after the clarification people continued with the existing narrative. Yes he's not a polished speaker and confusing.

I just know, I kind of ignored the story assuming he said there was a terrorist attack. Then I saw the footage, the clarifications and all that. Yet was still watching stories on TV and in the news that were brand new pushing the original interpretation. I even saw stories pushing it with a brief dismissive reference to the clarification.

I just think this does more harm than good and it is dishonest. It's creating the divide.

The whole issue with Trump is the media presented the reality of an America where Trump could not win the election. They didn't report on reality, they presented how they wanted reality to be. This in turn actually created a reality that allowed Trump to win. If the voting public and the democratic party understood what the reality was, they would have won.

There has been zero change or understanding in this. They are making the same mistakes and the problem is, in the face of reality being shattered they are now continuing with the idea that Trump is the four horseman of the apocalypse and the reality is that everything about him has to be absolutely awful, he will fail and bring everything crashing down.

Where this goes, is not going to be to a good place. Some people have gone crazy. Trump winning was not reality or real world. So they now think it's already the end of the world. They aren't confronting that mistake and so want to interpret everything and in fact make everything point in the end of the world direction and you know what, they will probably make things worse. Those not of this view are not going to buy into the fake reality people think they live in. It's going to be more divided and more hateful. Say they might get Trump kicked out of office or killed. That will make things so much worse. It'll be the end of democracy in America.

The problem is that after the clarification people continued with the existing narrative. Yes he's not a polished speaker and confusing.

I just know, I kind of ignored the story assuming he said there was a terrorist attack. Then I saw the footage, the clarifications and all that. Yet was still watching stories on TV and in the news that were brand new pushing the original interpretation. I even saw stories pushing it with a brief dismissive reference to the clarification.

I just think this does more harm than good and it is dishonest. It's creating the divide.

The whole issue with Trump is the media presented the reality of an America where Trump could not win the election. They didn't report on reality, they presented how they wanted reality to be. This in turn actually created a reality that allowed Trump to win. If the voting public and the democratic party understood what the reality was, they would have won.

There has been zero change or understanding in this. They are making the same mistakes and the problem is, in the face of reality being shattered they are now continuing with the idea that Trump is the four horseman of the apocalypse and the reality is that everything about him has to be absolutely awful, he will fail and bring everything crashing down.

Where this goes, is not going to be to a good place. Some people have gone crazy. Trump winning was not reality or real world. So they now think it's already the end of the world. They aren't confronting that mistake and so want to interpret everything and in fact make everything point in the end of the world direction and you know what, they will probably make things worse. Those not of this view are not going to buy into the fake reality people think they live in. It's going to be more divided and more hateful. Say they might get Trump kicked out of office or killed. That will make things so much worse. It'll be the end of democracy in America.

The media and hollywood left seem to be having a long tantrum about Trump.

I wonder how many Trump references will be made at the Oscars? 50000?

The media is becoming a scape goat in these scenarios. I would lay bets before any news article occured there were tweets from people confused about what Trump was saying. Even if Trump shut down all media about him, people will still hear his words and form an opinion based on what they hear and put that out there on the internet. Assuming peoples opinions of Trump are based on what is being fed to us by media I find a little insulting.

Yes BUT... he has deliberately set out to create this us versus them dynamic. All the Lock her Up crap when he himself uses an unsecured phone, holds interviews and government meetings in his Mar-a-Lago residence in view of guests (even inviting them to attend), deletes tweets, refuses to hand over documents and emails even when required to as directed by Court Order etc etc. I find him exceptionally hypocritical. If he wants to be treated with respect he has to give others respect.

Yes BUT... he has deliberately set out to create this us versus them dynamic. All the Lock her Up crap when he himself uses an unsecured phone, holds interviews and government meetings in his Mar-a-Lago residence in view of guests (even inviting them to attend), deletes tweets, refuses to hand over documents and emails even when required to as directed by Court Order etc etc. I find him exceptionally hypocritical. If he wants to be treated with respect he has to give others respect.

we have to respect him moosefacer. not respecting him would be quite disrespectful and would simply not do. to criticize Trump would show massive amounts of disrespect and i don't think we should do that for a President.[DOUBLEPOST=1487783873][/DOUBLEPOST]

we have to respect him moosefacer. not respecting him would be quite disrespectful and would simply not do. to criticize Trump would show massive amounts of disrespect and i don't think we should do that for a President.

we have to respect him moosefacer. not respecting him would be quite disrespectful and would simply not do. to criticize Trump would show massive amounts of disrespect and i don't think we should do that for a President.[DOUBLEPOST=1487783873][/DOUBLEPOST]

we have to respect him moosefacer. not respecting him would be quite disrespectful and would simply not do. to criticize Trump would show massive amounts of disrespect and i don't think we should do that for a President.
Well I don't think I DO have to respect him just because he is president. And I am not alone in this view!

Well I don't think I DO have to respect him just because he is president. And I am not alone in this view!

My belief is that if someone is in charge of something no matter how big or small you have to respect them. No matter how wrong you think that they are.

It seems that we are different.

I don't know, I guess I just feel some kind of loyalty, a very strong loyalty towards Trump. Especially with all he has done for me.
Look, I know he has done a lot for you and you feel especially loyal toward him and my feeling is that you should definitely probably move to the us to be closer to him. I however probably HAVE to go to the us to visit my sister and don't even want to be anywhere near him.

So ... Just move to Washington already. Or join Mar-a-Lago, or the other Melbourne so you can see him and be at peace. Might be for the best.

Look, I know he has done a lot for you and you feel especially loyal toward him and my feeling is that you should definitely probably move to the us to be closer to him. I however probably HAVE to go to the us to visit my sister and don't even want to be anywhere near him.

So ... Just move to Washington already. Or join Mar-a-Lago, or the other Melbourne so you can see him and be at peace. Might be for the best.

No! Moving near Trump is me signing my death warrant. I might as well have the word "Idiot" tattooed on my forehead if I ever did something that dumb.

No! Moving near Trump is me signing my death warrant. I might as well have the word "Idiot" tattooed on my forehead if I ever did something that dumb.
It sounds like the logical next step for you. He would surely embrace you moving. Just don't go in from Mexico.

It sounds like the logical next step for you. He would surely embrace you moving. Just don't go in from Mexico.

I'm not sure you understand Trump at all. He would NOT embrace me moving where he is I can tell you that. If he found out that I lived near him he would detest and hate it. Also I would never do something that stupid.

Also the next logical step is for me to find other politicians. Politicians where I wouldn't have to move a huge way and would actually like me living near them.

And I would be coming from the north if i moved near where Trump was so I can't go through Mexico.

I'm not sure you understand Trump at all. He would NOT embrace me moving where he is I can tell you that. If he found out that I lived near him he would detest and hate it. Also I would never do something that stupid.
oh well. I guess I got that wrong. Daaäyäaaamb

I am finding him difficult to understand. I guess I thought he just automatically embraces anyone who adores him.

Back