Skip to main content

Tim Dormer back in the House

I was wondering why Alex's tweet sounded familiar when I read it today. And then I went back and reread this thread from the beginning.

Hey boo, we know you're here - make Ch 9 bring back the live feed you stubborn mother fucker! Tim's going to help you on Sunday and for however long you keep him in there but as soon as he's gone, then what? Ben from Brisbane? A fake alien abduction? If I were you I'd be at Gyng's door banging on it and refusing to leave until he told his minions to bring the LFs back. You're dying a rapid death here pal.

Behind Big Brother ‏@behindbb
If ratings are dropping and you have to bring Tim Dormer back the Executive Producer isn't doing their job properly @AlexMavroidakis #bbau

Alex Mavroidakis ‏@AlexMavroidakis 16h
@behindbb let's get an angry mob together and set fire to him!! #BBAU
Hahahahaha! Hi Alex! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

alternatively, if you're going to conform to someone, it's better to conform to a person that's won big brother.
But he's not...?

Tim's argument doesn't even make sense.

It's just like Gemma's stupid tactic. If you're going to be fake and create drama to be entertaining and fool the viewers, do so without telling us the trick!

When Tim goes "hey this beard makes a statement blah blah blah" and then BB reveals us the decision making that went behind it, it's just going to look as fake as this seasons BB.

I'm not sure how you can call yourself the "leader of the misfits", if you just spent a fair amount of time persuading a "misfit" to shave his beard just because all the cool kids want him to.
Oh I certainly see the wisdom of his ways.
Watching the reactions of the HMs AND the reactions of social media shall be interesting.
There are many who posted that they'd view him differently without the beard.
And as for 'the cool kids' - there'll be a few who may eat their words; there will be those who try analysing the situation. And the 'analysts' thus far have been rather tragic at reading what's going on and how they should portray themselves.
Who knows bigmouth Travis may shave his legs just to 'outdo' David!
:)

who in their right mind would reject the advice of an outsider? david did the right thing. tim's LIVED it. david didn't have shaving his beard in the cards, he's not gemma. tonight i realised that david wants to stay more than anything, and he's a decent human being because he also would have willingly volunteered to leave if it came down to him and sandra. he made a huge statement tonight showing how bad he wanted to stay on bb, and it was through tims help.

I praise ye for thy presence Timothy Dormer.
hallelujah-o.gif

Tim is now just an employee of Southern Star/Endemol whatever its called... Part of his 'script' was to convince David to shave his beard.... 2 possibilities...

1. BB told David to shave his beard & because there's no live feed streaming etc, no one would ever know if he kept saying no to Tim until BB told him to do it :)
2. go back to 1.

well shaving his beard wont change who he is- David's awkward comments are not the beards fault...

Tim has influenced our impression of Jake - quick you better like a girl..... so poor Lisa is the bunny there....

I did like how Tim tried to pull them all up when they were doing the Gemma bitchin...

when are they going to have a proper task?

I'm not sure how you can call yourself the "leader of the misfits", if you just spent a fair amount of time persuading a "misfit" to shave his beard just because all the cool kids want him to.

I don't think Tim was telling him to shave it off because the others wanted him to.

David has been saying that he's already "made his bed" so to speak. The others have already formed their opinions of him and nothing he does can help change their views of him. I assumed when Tim was speaking about making statements and reinventing yourself and evolving through the game he was suggesting that if David makes a grand gesture with his physical appearance it may help the others (and the audience) be open to seeing other sides of him.

I don't think Tim was telling him to shave it off because the others wanted him to.

David has been saying that he's already "made his bed" so to speak. The others have already formed their opinions of him and nothing he does can help change their views of him or get the to acknowle. I assumed when Tim was speaking about making statements and reinventing yourself and evolving through the game he was suggesting that if David makes a grand gesture with his physical appearance it may help the others (and the audience) be open to seeing other sides of him.
But on the flip side, David has said that he reckons shaving his beard is like not staying true to himself, and changing himself for them (paraphrase).

Reinventing yourself and evolving is fine, but that means you have to be on board. Changing yourself for the betterment of others is conforming.

BB Friends, reading everyone's messages here most seem frustrated/pissed/annoyed by the perceived contrived fakeness and manufactured dribble BB is dishing up this season.
It's frustrating we don't have live feeds, or still - two weeks into the show - a real feel for and understanding of who each housemate is.
The days of the housemates having the real authenticity about it eg - Reggie - is long gone. - Cheer up friends - TBH I find these threads much more humourous than the show itself. You guys are funny - and I particularly admire your sleuthing skills displayed when you were tracking down info on the housemates.
Cheer up Forum people :)

First ppl hate him for the beard and now they hate him for getting rid of the beard....lol...poor guy just can't win. I agree I don't think it was him conforming to anyone, I think it was him making a bold move and showing the public I will do what it takes to stay in this house. He loved that beard.

But on the flip side, David has said that he reckons shaving his beard is like not staying true to himself, and changing himself for them (paraphrase).

Reinventing yourself and evolving is fine, but that means you have to be on board. Changing yourself for the betterment of others is conforming.

At the end of the day it was still David's decision. If he felt too strongly about losing it he wouldn't. What I took from the conversation was that he himself wasn't opposed to losing it so much, but he was worried how shaving it off would look to the girls in the house and his family after he had already said no way to shaving it off when they'd suggested it.

thanks Tim for persuading David to get rid of that abomination.
If David was advised to grow the beard to get into BB then it is not a true reflection of himself and so getting rid of it will be no biggee to him
and Tim - you have me laughing when you made the announcement that it was David you'd chosed to take to the Sanctuary - you looked so thrilled! one (maybe last? but who knows!) chance to get a pretty girl into the Sanctuary with you and you have to take David! BB is STILL messing with you!! :)

its my experience that a lot of guys will not take advice on their appearance from those closest to them but WILL suddenly heed what a total stranger says to them!

At the end of the day it was still David's decision. If he felt too strongly about losing it he wouldn't. What I took from the conversation was that he himself wasn't opposed to losing it so much, but he was worried how shaving it off would look to the girls in the house and his family after he had already said no way to shaving it off when they'd suggested it.
I agree, but it was quite clear that David was no, and then Tim kept pressing. Like I said in my initial post, I don't know how you can claim to be the leader of misfits, if you don't embrace the misfits quirks.

Back