Skip to main content

X Factor 2014

If it weren't for Reigan I would've given up on this season a few weeks ago. As soon as they announced she was safe and it was Dean and Caitlyn in the bottom two I switched to 9 to wait for BB to start because it was obvious who was going home. I've even started recording the Sunday night shows and just fast forwarding through most of it. I'll stop to see what song a contestant is singing and if I don't like it (or they sound like ass) I'll jump to the judges comments. The only full performances I'm still watching now are Reigan's. Then again I've found myself doing the same with The Block and before this season I LOVED that show. I had thought maybe I was just reality tv'd out but I'm still watching reality on Foxtel and of course BB so I think the contestants on both shows this season just aren't doing it for me for the most part. I'm definitely not in the demo that would buy a Marlisa or Brothers 3 album. Even if it were $5 for the whole thing.

Pretty sure Reigan was in the bottom against Jason the week he went. I am glad that Reigan is still in. She has impressed me most out of everyone. I really hope she makes top 2 at least.

Yes you are right! Caitlin was up against Jim/Michael. As to the Reigan/Jason situation, neither of them should have been in the bottom two. I now hope like you, Reigan is at the very least the top 2 if not the winner but that also comes with its own pitfalls.

I'm not fully sure about brothers 3. I think they're good guys, but I also think they're seen as a bit of a novelty act, and people vote for them for that reason but may not fully be interested in their music.

Sure, they may be nice kids but their stage persona is a little creepy. I thought the YTT winking at camera stuff went out decades ago. That said, they WERE the Wildcard save by the public. I just don't get the appeal. If I wanted to buy a CD with really GOOD harmonies, I would go with the Beachboys

I' don't buy into the Brothers 3 cult either. They seem to be more Australia's Got Talent than X Factor. Since when did "lovable dorks" make good pop stars?
I think Dean is great but he's a loose cannon, he's just as likely to do an Altiyan.
Reigan deserves this, it's her time. She survived Idol, Tamara Jaber and Kyle Sandilands, and came out of it sane, humble, poised and vocally worthy of the win.

I actually think they are. No joke. It'd sure explain why they're still being saved.

Something is seriously off with them.

I think it's the dark haired one that's the most likely serial killer amongst them.[DOUBLEPOST=1412776844][/DOUBLEPOST]
I' don't buy into the Brothers 3 cult either. They seem to be more Australia's Got Talent than X Factor. Since when did "lovable dorks" make good pop stars?
I think Dean is great but he's a loose cannon, he's just as likely to do an Altiyan.
Reigan deserves this, it's her time. She survived Idol, Tamara Jaber and Kyle Sandilands, and came out of it sane, humble, poised and vocally worthy of the win.

Is Dean the one with crazy eyes?

My most favourite to least favourite:
#1 - Brothers3
#2 - Reigan
#3 - Dean
#4 - Marlisa

Brothers3 are kind of unique, have good harmonies and seem to be nice guys too. Makirum (the youngest brother) is a little hottie.
My fav live performances of their's so far (pretty much every song lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGixrbsMReY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMDZxTS3zU
Ok well Sounds of Silence I'll never agree with as I saw Simon and Garfunkel perform it in Central Park when I was like 6 with my dad so these boys were never going to better that for me. (Plus I don't think their harmonies are that great here)

Always on My Mind... the exaggerated expressions kill me. I actually had to stop playing that one because it did my head in the first time.

Hey Brother I like! When they get to move around in an upbeat song is when I think they shine.

I skipped Happy Birthday Helen as I remembered I didn't like it all when I first saw it.

But... I actually really liked them in 500 Miles. I don't think their vocals were the best they've been but they were clearly having fun and that song makes me smile anyway because it brings back way too many crazy nights in a uni pub.

They had a pretty decent fan base before they went on X Factor so as a big fan at least you know they're going to be ok whether they win or not with all these additional fans but I still think there's something off about them. It's not even because they're too cheesy or whatever because really, Marlissa probably takes the cake with that. I just can't put my finger on it with these guys yet.

Brothers 3 to go tonight surely? Reigan was awesome, Dean was as good as usual, Marlisa stepped up.

There was definately a bit of sabotage going on with the judges nit-picking acts who aren't theirs.

Got tickets to the live show on Sunday! Should be interesting to watch from a live audience point of view.

I don't mind who wins- I think they are all deserving. Marlisa is my fave although she hasn't had much chart success so I fear that if she does win, not many people would buy her album :(

I've been reading a lot of posts about the show on social media, and it seems like every act has their fans and people who dislike them:

Reigan because they feel like she had her chance, Dean because he's weird and creepy, Brothers 3 for being bland and not good enough, Marlisa for being annoying and having a sharp voice.

Way too much hate our there.

How was last night??
The production of this show is amazing.

Anyway I hope either Marlissa or Dean wins next week.
Tonight will be interesting....
I hope Reigan goes tonight!!

If Reigan wins, that's 4 out of 5 shows, that the over 25's have won
over 25's -Altiyan Childs, Samantha Jade, Dami Im .
Reece Mastin was under 25 boys

although wasn't Dami originally under 25's girls but they had too many, so changed the rules at auditions with the age limit, but then she made it when a guy in the final 12 pulled out, just before the show started?

Reigan's had her chance albeit with Tamara Sandilands. I could almost guarantee she will end up like Anja Nissen, toomany big voices around at the moment

Man, that sucks. Reigan was a fave. She was expected for the final two and maybe even win, and then Danni does something unthinkable and votes for Marlisa to stay over her. Wtf?

Now nothing to look forward to in the final. Probably worst final ever now. She could have allowed some excitement.

How was last night??
The production of this show is amazing.

Anyway I hope either Marlissa or Dean wins next week.
Tonight will be interesting....
I hope Reigan goes tonight!!

Last night was great! It was a great vibe in the studio and for me it felt like a concert rather than a TV show (besides the host and judges talking). I took my mum as my sister wanted to study for her HSC.

I didn't like that they made you wait for 2 hours before letting you into the studio, and unfortunately me and my mum were put in the mosh pit because there were no more seats left. Still a great experience though!

On tonight's show, I really wanted Marlisa and Reigan for top 2 and was devastated that they were in the bottom.

Back