Skip to main content

X Factor 2014

Man, that sucks. Reigan was a fave. She was expected for the final two and maybe even win, and then Danni does something unthinkable and votes for Marlisa to stay over her. Wtf?

Now nothing to look forward to in the final. Probably worst final ever now. She could have allowed some excitement.

I'd be gut-wrenched if I was on the judging panel and had to choose between Reigan and Marlisa. Danni had a tough choice.

Oh thank f we're on a new page! One or all of the vids on page 3 kept crashing my computer every time I'd try to come in here but I was able to catch who got sent home.

I am GUTTED Reigan left. On FB there are heaps of comments with hundreds of likes from people in shock... and even more in shock that Brothers 3 are in the Final. I haven't watched their performances from last night or tonight yet but I don't care if Reigan sat down and read the phone book... no way should she have missed the final. I'm not even going to bother recording next week because I don't care who wins now. I hope she gets a record deal and kicks some major ass!

I'd be gut-wrenched if I was on the judging panel and had to choose between Reigan and Marlisa. Danni had a tough choice.

Really don't think it was that hard. Reigan has been a consistent fave - she's ready. Marlisa wouldn't even normally have been let onto the show (lowest age used to be 16 until it dropped lower recently).

The judges here had a chance of preventing an upset (ala Ricki lee leAving on Australian idol, where the judges couldn't save her but would have if they could) and Danni had a brain snap.

@Poona like I said I didn't watch yet but many on FB are saying that this was Danni continuing her supposed hate campaign against Reigan that she was called out for last week. Did it come across that way to you?

Oh thank f we're on a new page! One or all of the vids on page 3 kept crashing my computer every time I'd try to come in here but I was able to catch who got sent home.

I am GUTTED Reigan left. On FB there are heaps of comments with hundreds of likes from people in shock... and even more in shock that Brothers 3 are in the Final. I haven't watched their performances from last night or tonight yet but I don't care if Reigan sat down and read the phone book... no way should she have missed the final. I'm not even going to bother recording next week because I don't care who wins now. I hope she gets a record deal and kicks some major ass!

Totally agree, she was amazing week after week and now there's no point watching.
I think she's better than the show though so hopefully big things to come.

@Poona like I said I didn't watch yet but many on FB are saying that this was Danni continuing her supposed hate campaign against Reigan that she was called out for last week. Did it come across that way to you?

I don't know why she would have a supposed hate campaign on her, but it seems there must have been something with her. It's just obvious that Reigan is the bigger performer. If Ronan wasn't stuck with Marlisa I'm sure he would have like Reigan to stay.

Really don't think it was that hard. Reigan has been a consistent fave - she's ready. Marlisa wouldn't even normally have been let onto the show (lowest age used to be 16 until it dropped lower recently).

The judges here had a chance of preventing an upset (ala Ricki lee leAving on Australian idol, where the judges couldn't save her but would have if they could) and Danni had a brain snap.

To each their own, I guess. I personally feel Marlisa is ready and has a large fanbase. Her performances are usually the most viewed on YouTube and most liked on Facebook. She seems to have a lot of overseas fans too.

I do agree that Danni might have had an anti-Reigan agenda, but Reigan will be successful grand final or not.

Reagan left? Wow.

I gave up on this series after about the second live show - but I have been tracking Reigan's performances on YT along the way. She deserves to go far!
I don't watch the show but have been watching Reigan on YT because I was a huge fan when she was on Aus Idol years ago. I thought she was going to take it out. Gutted! I hope she gets a record deal from someone though. She has an incredible voice.

I don't watch the show but have been watching Reigan on YT because I was a huge fan when she was on Aus Idol years ago. I thought she was going to take it out. Gutted! I hope she gets a record deal from someone though. She has an incredible voice.
I'm hell bent on buying whatever she puts out now.

I suspect Marlissa will fall by the wayside like Jai. People get stoked about the first single and then it all goes to custard when they try to put an album out. She's too young and those young'uns voting for her have no loyalty because there are so many similar people in her demo - usually backed by American hype machines - to surpass her. Again a la Jai and then you end up at #55 on the Aria chart if at all.

I only hope her parents have enough sense to prepare her that this doesn't mean instant fame or glory. Adults won't buy her tunes so it's up to young'uns and they're fickle. Hopefully it all works out well.

I'm hell bent on buying whatever she puts out now.

I suspect Marlissa will fall by the wayside like Jai. People get stoked about the first single and then it all goes to custard when they try to put an album out. She's too young and those young'uns voting for her have no loyalty because there are so many similar people in her demo - usually backed by American hype machines - to surpass her. Again a la Jai and then you end up at #55 on the Aria chart if at all.

I only hope her parents have enough sense to prepare her that this doesn't mean instant fame or glory. Adults won't buy her tunes so it's up to young'uns and they're fickle. Hopefully it all works out well.
I just looked up some of Marlisa's performances on YouTube. She's quite a boring performer. She is young though and I think she will grow. I do wish her all the best. I just really wanted Reigan to win. Marlisa needs a bit more training I think. She has improved a lot vocally from what I saw. But I still don't think she's quite there.

I just looked up some of Marlisa's performances on YouTube. She's quite a boring performer. She is young though and I think she will grow. I do wish her all the best. I just really wanted Reigan to win. Marlisa needs a bit more training I think. She has improved a lot vocally from what I saw. But I still don't think she's quite there.
Well really... are we going to buy a song about a 15 yo singing about love? No. Talking about going out to have fun? No. Clubbing it up, talking funky with her girls? No. So then what is it... it's only covers and for every cover someone puts out, someone else has done it better with much more experience.

Like I said... she'll go the way of Jai so I hope her family prepares her for it so she can come back in say 5 years with more life experience and try to go for it.

Out of the final 3, I don't mind who wins.

Brothers 3 winning would mean the first group to win on Channel 7s X Factor. The guys seem nice, funny and can harmonise well.

Dean winning will be well deserved, as he has had the most success (in terms of song sales) so far.

Marlisa winning would make me happy, as she has been a favourite of mine from the start. Although it may take a few years for her true potential to show.

Dean visited the high school in my town today. He used to be a student there

I think the producers want Dean to win, but it will be Marlissa instead who gets the title.

Anyone but Brothers 3. I really don't understand the appeal there. They are awkward to watch and their music style is outdated. They wouldn't last a week in the charts.
This is the problem with reality tv talent based shows - people with a 'story' (B3) can beat people with actual talent (Reigan) and turn the outcome into a mockery.

Interesting that Marlisa won. I really felt Brothers 3, Dean and Reigan had the bigger support.

Luke did say the votes were closer than ever before. Still I would tend to think Dean would have the edge over Marlisa. I don't buy on iTunes (I get CDs) but people do and he has been way up there and Reigan and Brothers 3 have also done well and Marlisa did the least. Tend to wonder how well her winners song will do on there now. I also wonder how many Dean fans are raging out there over her win.

I know Dami was a strong fave last year but the fact that someone of Asian heritage has won two years in a row makes me also wonder if some sort of Asian organisation of sorts has a hand in this.

Anyway my fave bits of the night was anything Reigan and Guy's performance.

Back