Skip to main content

X Factor 2014

Consuela

Noooo No...
Awesome site donor
So I'm currently watching the catchup episodes on TV and it seems like you legit must have a sob story to qualify. So cringe.

All this eye rolling is going to give me a strain.

tumblr_mbcrjzD9U21ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I'm watching it right now too.

It's pretty cringey. These shows are incredibly emotionally manipulative. So many sad tales, always with a few sappy piano chords chiming in the background every few seconds, finally reaching a crescendo when the contestant is given a cloying assessment of all their wonderful virtues and they receive their four yeses. We're exposed to it so much, across a range of different reality shows that I think it's actually having the opposite intended effect and making us less empathetic in general.

I also don't like how the judges keep filling the contestants' heads with ridiculously unrealistic expectations for what a reality competition is going to bring them. Sure, you might be able to make a career as a musician from it, but let's be realistic - without luck and hard work, it's perhaps not going to be a particularly noteworthy one. So many impressionable artists; idealistic and easily led. Many of them are very narcissistic and very self deluded. On the whole though, the contestants being showcased are quite likable and talented, many of them more talented than the judges on the panel even, but we are saturated with talent (and shows like this hold a lot of responsibility for that) and unfortunately it's rare that you can sustain interest on singing talent alone. I just wish they'd do away with the pretense and just treat these shows for what they are: a way of showcasing talent and as a potential starting point for people trying to build careers in the entertainment industry. This is the X-factor though, so I guess all that pretense is part of the appeal...

Last edited:
Taylor Henderson (XF 2013) has a new album 'Burnt Letters' -- it just debuted at Number 1 on the Aria charts. Proving once again that XF is the superior talent creating show ATM.

(His first album also debated at Number 1 back in Dec '13)

Im really enjoying these girls, I hope they go all the way through, voices individually aren't perfect, but the harmonies are great, the performance was great, they are exciting, and its nice to see a group that works that isn't put together by the judges, meaning post Xfactor may have some longevity without losing members

This show is a joke. They showed three (separate) young boys get through who had mediocre voices, obviously because they get votes from young girls. Then they almost didn't let a girl through because of her outfit?! Wtf, thank god Natalie has a bit of sense.

I obviously have a dodgy sound connection because some of these acts aren't all that.

/Side note/ something about that country family was a little off maybe they were in a cult.

Im really enjoying these girls, I hope they go all the way through, voices individually aren't perfect, but the harmonies are great, the performance was great, they are exciting, and its nice to see a group that works that isn't put together by the judges, meaning post Xfactor may have some longevity without losing members

I loved them, are they still in it?
I get lost in this bit of x, the culling/coaching/whatevers, none of this is interesting, I skip to performances

And someone send a note to Danii, ie about all the folky & acoustic music that is soooooooooo fashionable right now.
Those country boys fit exactly into that genre - Mumford & Sons, Lumineers, Ed Sheeren.

I loved them, are they still in it?
I get lost in this bit of x, the culling/coaching/whatevers, none of this is interesting, I skip to performances

And someone send a note to Danii, ie about all the folky & acoustic music that is soooooooooo fashionable right now.
Those country boys fit exactly into that genre - Mumford & Sons, Lumineers, Ed Sheeren.
I haven't been watching but I don't think they passed the bootcamp, the judges are too set on creating a group, so both groups they created (boy group and girl group) went through :rolleyes:

I haven't been watching but I don't think they passed the bootcamp, the judges are too set on creating a group, so both groups they created (boy group and girl group) went through :rolleyes:
So basically if you're a group don't bother auditioning anymore or audition separately and hope to get put back together since they are desperately trying to get 1D 2.0

So basically if you're a group don't bother auditioning anymore or audition separately and hope to get put back together since they are desperately trying to get 1D 2.0
Pretty much spot on!

I'm not sure who is my fave... Normally I have a favourite by now. I like Reigan and Adrian though
I think Reigan's my fave too. At first Rochelle was up there too but I feel something's off with her. Not sure why as she's the type of contestant I would've loved before but I wouldn't be surprised if New Idea comes out with an expose that she's been singing for like 20 years or something. Maybe I'm just too cynical now. I like Tee too but I think I was moreso hoping he made it further than last year. Will probably ditch him now haha

I think Reigan's my fave too. At first Rochelle was up there too but I feel something's off with her. Not sure why as she's the type of contestant I would've loved before but I wouldn't be surprised if New Idea comes out with an expose that she's been singing for like 20 years or something. Maybe I'm just too cynical now. I like Tee too but I think I was moreso hoping he made it further than last year. Will probably ditch him now haha
Tee's voice is unbelievable! But I can't handle I'm calling my mum thing. I'm glad that stopped. Haven't decided on rochelle yet. Great voice but sometimes I don't feel she is being her true self... Yeah I'm cynical too lol. I remember Reigan from idol days when she sang punk rocker. Loved her then and I met her once too. She is as sweet as cherry pie and so beautiful up close. I used to stalk her MySpace back then. Dean geyers too. Can I be excused for my irrational behaviour because I was still a teen?

'She can’t accept my partner as my partner': The X Factor Australia's Tee Ofisa Toleafoa says his mother is still coming to terms with him revealing he is gay after pair reconciled
His 2013 X Factor Australia debut was wrought with emotion when aspiring singer 'Tee' OfisaToelafoa broke down on stage, revealing his family had turned their back on him after he came out as gay.

Now, a year on, the courageous 24-year-old is staging a singing comeback on the reality TV show, which he says helped him repair his relationship with his estranged mother.

But, despite their reconciliation the New South Wales Footlocker assistant says his devoutly Christian mother is still struggling to accept all the aspects of his sexuality.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-sexuality-pair-reconciled.html#ixzz39WbK53PZ

'She can’t accept my partner as my partner': The X Factor Australia's Tee Ofisa Toleafoa says his mother is still coming to terms with him revealing he is gay after pair reconciled

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-sexuality-pair-reconciled.html#ixzz39WbK53PZ
See this is when the DM can actually be useful once in a long while instead of those stupid staged photo ops. I can't believe he had to move here from NZ to escape all that hate. What kind of religion is that if they think it's ok to say that shit to him?!

Ok I'm back on the Tee Train. And I'm really happy you met Reigan and confirmed she's as sweet as she appears to be. No judgement here, I promise haha. She's one of those girls who doesn't seem to know how beautiful she is and almost looks like a fashionable hobo with frizzy hair at times. Little makeup, not over the top demeanor, massive voice and stage presence. I hope her or Tee wins. Final answer. For now lol

Kind of feel bad that I said I couldn't be bothered with the mum calls after reading that article. How awful to feel that you can't even be in a place you called home and bullied out (yes bullied!)!

Edit: I laughed out about the fashionable hobo

Back