Skip to main content

X Factor 2014

Reigan for the win. So glad she shook off Tamara Jaber.
Dean is the only other contender who is the complete package, but he may be more attitude over substance, time will tell.
WHAT?! I honestly didn't know that Tamara was her former bandmate. Oh my. I saw Tamara recently on some show on E! where she was trying to get this LA talent manager to sign her and the manager was exasperated as all hell with her behaviour even before deciding whether or not to take her on. Damn, no wonder why that band didn't work out.

Ok I'm full on stanning for Reigan now. If she could survive Tamara and still want to keep singing, she can survive whatever else the industry throws at her.

I see Brothers 3 got the home vote?
And apparently all 3 are brainiacs fast tracked into Uni courses. Hope they win.

Let the battles begin! Dannii Minogue slams Ronan Keating on the first X Factor live show for choosing a Celine Dion song saying it was ‘too old’ for Marlisa Punzalan
By Jenna Good For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 23:00 AEST, 10 August 2014 | Updated: 00:32 AEST, 11 August 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ng-saying-old-Marlisa-Punzalanq.html#comments
She forgot her words during her last audition but still made it through to the final twelve.

And Marlisa Pubzalan, 14, showed that she’s got exactly what it takes to go all the way to the grand final as she belted out a stunning rendition of Celine Dion’s All By Myself on Sunday night’s first X Factor live final show.

And while everyone was blown away by her powerful performance it kicked off a fight between the judges – especially Dannii Minogue and Ronan Keating.

article-2721138-2069191A00000578-463_634x380.jpg

Bickering: Natalie Bassingthwaighte looked awkward as Dannii Minogue told Ronan Keating that he's chosen a song that was too old for Marlisa Pubzalan on the first X Factor live final show

As her mentor, Ronan chose the power ballad for the 14-year-old but Dannii wasn’t shy about telling Ronan what she thought of his song choice.

‘Wrong song,’ she told Ronan, adding: ‘When I was young? She's 14!’

But Redfoo was quick to defend the Irish judge saying: ‘He chose a great song for a great singer, it’s not about the age. I’m upset that you’re not in my category.’

article-2721138-2069193A00000578-515_634x449.jpg

Powerful: Marlisa Pubzalan sung her heart out and was celebrated by the judges

article-2721138-2069191E00000578-208_634x434.jpg

Tense: Dannii didn't hold back in telling Ronan she thought he'd messed up

Ronan simply said: ‘I wanted to show Australia how good you are.’

Host Luke Jacobz jumped in telling Marlisa: ‘This is a first, the judges are fighting about how much they love you.’

Just before the starlet blew away the judging panel, Dannii found herself with an extra act as wild card group Brothers 3 made it through.

article-2721138-206902E300000578-705_634x468.jpg

Sex appeal: Dean Ray, who was compared to Mick Jagger, is a contender for the grand final, say the judges

Singing Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are, the three lads were showered with more than their fair share of screams from girls in the audience.

Redfoo said: ‘I am so excited you guys made it to the show, that was incredible.’

Dannii added: ‘I’m so pleased people slammed me on social media and got behind you, there’s no one in the charts like you.’

Dannii Minogue shows her 'listening to auditions face'
video-undefined-1F230B1E00000578-872_636x358.jpg

article-2721138-206902CE00000578-452_634x402.jpg

Hot stuff: There were flames surrounding Dean as she sung The Rolling Stones tune in his own style

Other big acts of the night included Dean Ray who was compared to Mick Jagger after singing The Rolling Stones’ Sympathy for the Devil.

The open shirted singer was his usual charming self and appeared to make all the judges melt especially his mentor Natalie Bassingthwaighte.

During his introduction film he told viewers: ‘There’s only been one woman I’ve committed to in my life and that is my car Matilda.’

article-2721138-2069039100000578-773_634x494.jpg

Beachy: Redfoo's Reigan Derry sung Katy Perry's Unconditionally surrounded by sand

Wearing a gold suit jacket and tight leather trousers Dean performed with fire burning around his ankles.

And it was a big night for Redfoo’s Reigan Derry who sung Katy Perry’s Unconditionally.

With sand being kicked up in the air by the dancers as well as it pouring from the sky, it was definitely one of the biggest productions of the night.

article-2721138-20681B8200000578-723_634x467.jpg

Wild cards: Brothers 3 have been given a second chance and joined the final twelve on Sunday night's show

The singer, who was once in band Scarlett Belle, was given a big thumbs up by the judges with Dannii saying: ‘You are so great amazing.

'What were you doing in a band never go back into a band it’s all about you.’

While Redfoo added: ‘I'm so proud of you you are such a talent I'm so happy to have you in my crew, how I did you not choke on the sand. That was a true moment.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ying-old-Marlisa-Punzalanq.html#ixzz3A3jn1DnF

I'm really not enjoying the show this year! Not that there isn't enough talent or diversity, but everything's just so underwhelming. The contestants are so often over-praised. And only a few performances each week are actually noteworthy.

Enjoying the show but I do agree that the contestants are over-praised.

My guess for final 3 is Reigan, Dean and Marlisa.

I'm really not enjoying the show this year! Not that there isn't enough talent or diversity, but everything's just so underwhelming. The contestants are so often over-praised. And only a few performances each week are actually noteworthy.

Have you started the change?

Rochelle sang Proud Mary like she was on Australian Idol. And by that, I mean, good, but boring as fuck. Like ugh. Please don't win.

'I don't know what's gotten into me': Dean Ray looks loved up on X Factor amid rumours that he's dating fellow talent show contestant Bonnie Anderson
By Maria Lewis for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:03 AEST, 7 September 2014 | Updated: 22:12 AEST, 7 September 2014

His mentor Natalie Bassingthwaighte calls him one of the most 'mysterious' and 'dark' contestants, but X Factor favourite Dean Ray was uncharacteristically chirpy during Sunday night's live show.

The 22-year-old rocker couldn't keep the smile off his face during rehearsals of George Ezra's chart topper Budapest - and it could be because of former Australia's Got Talent winner Bonnie Anderson.

The 19-year-old singer is said to be dating the X Factor heart throb and Ray definitely seemed to be feeling the effects of their union.

1410090364837_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h39m.JPG

+12
Loved up?: The usually mysterious Dean Ray was uncharacteristically chirpy on this week's live performance on X Factor

'I don't know what's gotten into me,' he told Bassingthwaighte during rehearsals.

'I'm still grinning... there's muscles in here I didn't even know I had.'

Watching her words, she simply replied: 'This is so good for you.'

Whether she was referring to the music or his new love interest, fans aren't quite sure but Ray ended on a high note.

1410087447746_wps_8_bonnie_anderson_0706_jpg.jpg

+12
New flame: The 22-year-old is said to be dating Australia's Got Talent winner Bonnie Anderson, 19

1410090844073_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h39m.JPG

+12
Happy camper: No more My Mysterious, as Ray couldn't stop smiling in rehearsals - an out of character surprise for viewers

1410090915359_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h39m.JPG

+12
Mentor moment: His mentor and judge Natalie Bassingthwaighte said she had never seen him like this before

'The only thing that would make me happier is if my name was called out first on Monday,' he said.

It very well could be, with the results of Sunday's live show being revealed for the first time in full on Monday night with the contestants ranked from top to bottom.

Ray - a longtime favourite - impressed the judges once more with his stripped back and notably low-key performance.

He was so good, in fact, that judge Ronan Keating had a frustrating moment.

1410090992919_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h43m.JPG

+12
Nailed it: His happy persona led to a stunning performance of George Ezra's Budapest on Sunday's live show

1410091054287_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h43m.JPG

+12
The look of love: Ray's rumoured new romance clearly seems to be paying off for the rocker Romeo

'Just get off the show will you? Please give everyone else a chance,' he joked.

Teenage contestant Marlisa opened the show which saw contestants take on current songs tearing up the music charts.

Getting into Disney princess mode, the 14-year-old sung the lead single Let It Go from the hit animated movie Frozen.

The last of Dannii Minogue's groups 3 Brothers performed Bastille's Pompeii, while Tee took on Drake slow-jam Hold On We're Going Home.

1410091136466_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h38m.JPG

+12
Princess power: Marlisa kicked off the show with a performance of Disney hit Let It Go from movie Frozen

1410091190789_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h41m.JPG

+12
Awkward moment: Rochelle forgot the lyrics to Adele's hit Rolling In The Deep as she led up to the chorus

Mother of two Rochelle had one of the few slip-ups of the night, forgetting the lyrics to Adele's Rolling In The Deep during the bridge.

The soul singer was able to pick herself up and finish the song, with judges praising her tough attitude.

'There's not one artist in the world who could say they never messed up some lyrics, but there's only a handful of others that could keep going,' said Redfoo.

1410091513805_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h43m.JPG

+12
Poker Face: Caitlyn gave Lady Gaga's You And I a country music spin which pleased the judges

1410091574366_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h44m.JPG

+12
Out with a bang: Fan favourite Reigan had an unusual cultural mix for her performance of chart topper Bang Bang

'Dami Im messed up some lyrics and she won the competition last year.'

Finishing out the final nine was Sydnee with London Grammar hit Strong, and Jason with Usher's new single She Came To Give It To You.

Country crooner Caitlyn nailed Lady Gaga's You And I, while hot pick Reigan closed the show with a Bang Bang.

In a Native America headdress and an unusual mix of African tribal dancers and a bondage-inspired costume, she held nothing back performing Ariana Grande, Jessie J and Nicki Minaj's Bang Bang.

1410091654462_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h44m.JPG

+12
Big number: The Ariana Grande, Jessie J and Nicki Minaj's pop ballad made for a big closing moment

1410091839122_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_07_20h38m.JPG

+12
In awe: The judges were rapt with Reigan's big performance and said she lived up to last week's live rendition

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...contestant-Bonnie-Anderson.html#ixzz3CdRaIOsq

Reigan killed them all again. It wasn't even a kill... it was a full blown slaughter. Dean I think was second for me and then Caitlyn. Those two might've been interchangeable. I can see why Marlisa's a fan fave (or maybe she really isn't, I guess we'll find out tomorrow night) but the others were all wtf. I'm hoping the judges were right when they kept mentioning the thought of revealing their places on the ladder had most of them shook because there was a clear divide in performances tonight. Foo needs to do something different with Rochelle next week if she's still there because even ignoring her forgetting the words, she's just too same same every Sunday night. Throw on a long gown, stand at the mic and try to belt out a song. That works for Aretha and Adele. That's about it.

As long as Brothers3 don't win.

The other 3 deserve it.

It's been a disappointing year in terms of performances.

Got tickets to the live show on Sunday! Should be interesting to watch from a live audience point of view.

I don't mind who wins- I think they are all deserving. Marlisa is my fave although she hasn't had much chart success so I fear that if she does win, not many people would buy her album :(

I've been reading a lot of posts about the show on social media, and it seems like every act has their fans and people who dislike them:

Reigan because they feel like she had her chance, Dean because he's weird and creepy, Brothers 3 for being bland and not good enough, Marlisa for being annoying and having a sharp voice.

Way too much hate our there.

I don't mind who wins- I think they are all deserving. Marlisa is my fave although she hasn't had much chart success so I fear that if she does win, not many people would buy her album :(

I think she's too young. They shouldn't have dropped the age limit. She's more something for young talent time/the voice kids, I think. Have no idea how Sony will handle her if they get lumped with her.

This has not been commented on for a while it seems. Is it because the creepy "children of the corn" brothers are still there spreading their brand of wholesome but gag-worthy cheesy shit, the Jim Hutchence/Michael Morrison want to be (but epic fail) and MARlisa ( mini Dami) are still there? IMO the only one worthy to watch and listen to anymore is Reagan. I was so so so pissed off that the other one with talent (JASON) was ousted last week by the judges in favour of the smug little 80's dancing, fringed-vag at any given op, country chick as the save. Just a bonus the last bit of shit was ousted.. but then.. she was up against Jim/Michael in the showdown..either way.. they would have ridded themselves of shit.

This has not been commented on for a while it seems. Is it because the creepy "children of the corn" brothers are still there spreading their brand of wholesome but gag-worthy cheesy shit, the Jim Hutchence/Michael Morrison want to be (but epic fail) and MARlisa ( mini Dami) are still there? IMO the only one worthy to watch and listen to anymore is Reagan. I was so so so pissed off that the other one with talent (JASON) was ousted last week by the judges in favour of the smug little 80's dancing, fringed-vag at any given op, country chick as the save. Just a bonus the last bit of shit was ousted.. but then.. she was up against Jim/Michael in the showdown..either way.. they would have ridded themselves of shit.

Pretty sure Reigan was in the bottom against Jason the week he went. I am glad that Reigan is still in. She has impressed me most out of everyone. I really hope she makes top 2 at least.

I'm not fully sure about brothers 3. I think they're good guys, but I also think they're seen as a bit of a novelty act, and people vote for them for that reason but may not fully be interested in their music.

Back