Skip to main content

Witty vs The Clique

Consuela

Noooo No...
Awesome site donor
*Disclaimer: Although the title of this thread is Witty vs The Clique I want to make it clear that this is a place for all the various PM Posses and their members. The title is simply for brevities sake.*

While I do love this circular argument we have going I really do struggle in following it from thread to thread so I thought why not have a dedicated thread to make it easier for us lurkers to follow. So if you could contain all arguments to this thread that would be ever so helpful.

At last look it seems we've reached the point where @Inigo Montoya would like to know if there is an way to end this argument but like any good circular argument it has no end. Why? For me it's clear @Witty Banter enjoys the fight and really doesn't want it to end and that's his right. He thrives in it, that's why half his posts are dedicated to stoking it. Maybe you don't agree but I myself see many examples of where Witty takes a pot shot in order to reignite the fire and involve someone new. Take his current line of attack with @mutleyp and comparing him to a wannabe @MADONNA. The only reason for this in my mind is to try and in involve Vadge as well. No doubt in the hope that he'll join with 'The Clique' and give him another avenue of attack. So far his efforts haven't come to fruition as Vadge is busy with Papacito.

However I'm not blind to the fact Witty isn't the only one stoking the fire. @Trala, Muts, @bleachy_dude, @jessy_girl, and Inigo are all major players too as they form the heart of 'The Clique' but from what I know of their characters (and admittedly I know more of them because I am closer with them so clear bias alert here) it's just not in their natures to hold their tongues so they become their own worst enemies. For me it seems they're mainly trying to defend themselves or understand the situation. And fair enough I say. Sure sometimes I groan to myself and think why can't you just leave things alone but that's me trying to make you into me, which is more of a peace maker/non-combatant, which is unfair. I freely admit though that I understand where you're coming from far more than I do with Witty.

Now as for @reepbot he's definitely more of a side line player in this current argument but he is clearly an underlying cause. I think I've made my opinions of this clear before but I'll reiterate them here because I do want to ask one thing of reepbot. I find most of your posts to be random and without a point but I think that's just how your mind works - it's tangential. I do agree they can interrupt the flow but I've come to decision it's best to just scroll past and continue on. After all it's not that hard and you have just as much of a right to be here as anyone else. But then you come out with the random pointless JPEGs of pots, chilli's, possums etc and you know as well as I do that these posts are intentionally antagonistic. They are what piss me off the most. So reepbot I don't want you, and am not asking you, to stop posting but I would appreciate if you'd stop posting the random JPEGs and I honestly don't think that's too much to ask. I just feel it might temper things if you did.

It is probably an oxymoron for me to have started this thread and then have a rant but sometimes you just need to vent. But now that I've had my say I know it would disingenuous of me to claim I'm a neutral lurker so I reluctantly have to declare myself. It's obvious I lean towards 'The Clique' so you may consider me apart of it. That being said it's clear there is bad blood and clashing personalities so I'm not sure how realistic or likely it is for this argument to end any time soon. And really there hasn't been much else to talk about here lately but I would really appreciate if maybe we could keep it all in here so that the other threads might return to some sort of normality.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

You're right in saying that I have been my own worst enemy. Perhaps I should just leave it alone, but when my name keeps getting dragged into I can't help myself. I'm not sure if this thread will do much but I will refrain from reacting in the OT Chat thread and even the Reepbot thread here on out.

I have been accused of passive aggressively 'liking' posts without having my own voice. I feel like every time I try to express how I feel and why I feel that way, the discussion gets deflected and so it is unfair which is why in more recent times I have gone along with the ride.

In the very beginning, I actually liked reepbot and have some PMs between us that show this. When it turned for me was when he was messaging me to get votes for the forum game, which I told him was cheating and I also didn't like the way he was treating the dude running the game. He wasn't happy with my opinion and took a disliking to me ever since, which is his prerogative. After that it frustrated me the way he treated Inigo publicly on the forum. This is because I am friends with her and thought it was un fair treatment. This I have explained in detail in numerous previous posts and not planning to go into any further detail on the future.

Then I felt like he would purposely antagonise people with random stories and as you have said, some not so random gifs. For a long time though, I did not respond to him and he didn't respond to me in any way, which is fine.
I have 'liked' posts that have expressed frustration as I agreed with them, not because of any clique or hive mind.

Witty runs around looking at all the posts I 'like' and then somehow tries to attack my character because of that. I've been clear about how I feel and yet he thinks I have no voice. The roundabout lately between witty and myself has all stemmed from this. Every time I explain why I feel he way I feel or what I like or dislike, he deflects to some other issue. It's becoming tiresome.

I'm not professing to be innocent in all this, especially recently -- I have been involved in discussions which has 'derailed' threads. I do feel that there have been unfair attacks which is why I have stepped in and tried to clarify my position.

I would just prefer to have conversations with people I enjoy chatting with, and I guess there is a disappointment that I feel some behaviour has soured or even put a stop to that.

I just read an odd thread by someone attempting to inflame with disinformation that 'wannabe' is an insult to the object of wanting, rather than the wannabe aspirant. I think I'll leave any such thread, with a whole paragraph of unfounded nonsense, well alone until the factual matter of me thinking Madonna is awesome and an asset to this place is corrected, with equal prominence, and a grovelling apology of retraction published. Anyone reading this place knows that Madonna provides actual entertainment in here, whereas the pale immitation mutley sulks forlornly with writer's block and blames others.

Sigh. I think I'll give up.

I find the whole thing utterly hilarious, I mean honestly, the clique, haven't heard that since high school and me thinks Witty had a problem then too, inferiority complex is FLAMING

I miss Madonna. He had a way of shading people but keeping the entertainment value on these forums. And somehow could diffuse any argument, even though not their own, that became too much.

We need Madonna.

@Witty Banter I find our relationship has reached a whole new level, Witty seems so impersonal, so I have named you Lars, Lars the Larrikin, the nature of forums is so interesting, you become friends with people and share bits and pieces of your life once trust has been developed, sadly they talk to other people too, and maybe mention things they didn't think was a big deal, what a interesting little microcosm of society we create

@Witty Banter I find our relationship has reached a whole new level, Witty seems so impersonal, so I have named you Lars, Lars the Larrikin, the nature of forums is so interesting, you become friends with people and share bits and pieces of your life once trust has been developed, sadly they talk to other people too, and maybe mention things they didn't think was a big deal, what a interesting little microcosm of society we create
Has your full stop key broken?

I just read an odd thread by someone attempting to inflame with disinformation that 'wannabe' is an insult to the object of wanting, rather than the wannabe aspirant. I think I'll leave any such thread, with a whole paragraph of unfounded nonsense, well alone until the factual matter of me thinking Madonna is awesome and an asset to this place is corrected, with equal prominence, and a grovelling apology of retraction published. Anyone reading this place knows that Madonna provides actual entertainment in here, whereas the pale immitation mutley sulks forlornly with writer's block and blames others.

For someone who goes on about passive aggressiveness I can't help but laugh at this. I have a name or more accurately a handle so feel free to use it. I tried to be adult about this and open a dialogue in the foolish hopes of maybe resolving this but I see now there really isn't any point. So I give up. Go and continue this pathetic and pointless diatribe because for all your vaunted wealth and achievements you act like an insolent child. Verbose and without substance is your witty banter.

Feel free to reply here, there, everywhere, nowhere but don't expect a reply or a fucking apology from me for you'll get neither because at this point I really don't give a shit. I'm flying out tonight to be with family as real life has put into perspective how idiotic and pathetic this all is.

For someone who goes on about passive aggressiveness I can't help but laugh at this. I have a name or more accurately a handle so feel free to use it. I tried to be adult about this and open a dialogue in the foolish hopes of maybe resolving this but I see now there really isn't any point. So I give up. Go and continue this pathetic and pointless diatribe because for all your vaunted wealth and achievements you act like an insolent child. Verbose and without substance is your witty banter.

Feel free to reply here, there, everywhere, nowhere but don't expect a reply or a fucking apology from me for you'll get neither because at this point I really don't give a shit. I'm flying out tonight to be with family as real life has put into perspective how idiotic and pathetic this all is.
I've reached the same point. Or lack thereof (point).

Judge Jessy here, as I believe I have been dubbed.

It's funny in a way because I am really not a fighter at all and I find this whole thing very peculiar and it's quite unnatural for me. I had watched this go on and had to speak up because the comments being made by WB were, in my opinion, just so ridiculous. So I understand it he has felt vilified by me and the need to defend himself, but my repeated attempts to try and clear things up have been unsuccessful.

I have attempted to address the issues but each time have been met with a rather hostile post filled with a whole lot of abstract nothing which understandably makes communication difficuIt.

I think something needs to happen, but it seems there isn't a solution if WB isn't actually willing to have a concise conversation with any of "the clique" in a way that is actually constructive. My only suggestion is to pay no attention, I've been trying this approach with only minimal success but will endeavour to continue. I really can't see any other solution.

Wait was Vadge even active in November apart from the occasional drop in of course?

Judge Jessy here, as I believe I have been dubbed.

It's funny in a way because I am really not a fighter at all and I find this whole thing very peculiar and it's quite unnatural for me. I had watched this go on and had to speak up because the comments being made by WB were, in my opinion, just so ridiculous. So I understand it he has felt vilified by me and the need to defend himself, but my repeated attempts to try and clear things up have been unsuccessful.

I have attempted to address the issues but each time have been met with a rather hostile post filled with a whole lot of abstract nothing which understandably makes communication difficuIt.

I think something needs to happen, but it seems there isn't a solution if WB isn't actually willing to have a concise conversation with any of "the clique" in a way that is actually constructive. My only suggestion is to pay no attention, I've been trying this approach with only minimal success but will endeavour to continue. I really can't see any other solution.
I'll be concise. Trala has just issued the most ridiculously inappropriate and offensive advise possible in the RUOK thread. Name a single cult member with the spine to speak up to it, but instead you layer righteous indignation on me. For owning something. Brought up in the context of Trala bignoting herself bigtime to humiliate another. Bleachy admitted lying about me ever comparing salary to his. You say nothing.

Until the clique members snap out of their obedient and servile trance, it's getting sunshine. If I get banned before Trala's advice of fellatio in the RUOK thread, I'll deal.

Back