Will You Apply For AU Big Brother 12?

• Yes

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 80.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the declining years of BBAU, the producers seemed to either source the HM's from casting/modelling agencies, or friends and relatives of the BB production team.

That's not going to stop... Mark my words...

Reality Ravings Consulting Is Now Launched

by Reality Raver

Big news for Reality Ravings, I have launched Reality Ravings Consulting. It is the first reality TV consultancy in Australia. Don’t worry the blog will be continuing to operate.

One aspect of the new business is to assist potential reality TV stars with their applications.

Here is a copy of the media release I am circulating and also you can click on the Reality Ravings Consultancy button to the left:

Emma Ashton, publisher of leading reality TV blog Reality Ravings (www.realityravings.com) has launched Australia’s first reality TV consultancy.

“Plenty of people want to be on reality shows, but don’t always have the skills or know-how to make it happen. Many shows get thousands of applications. So to get even close to a camera, you need a stand-out application. This is where my new service comes in.”

Continue reading @
http://www.realityravings.com/2011/10/16/reality-ravings-consulting-is-now-launched/

While watching the Survivor/Amazing Race/Big Brother scene in the USA, it's obvious that there are alot of people who set out for a career as "Reality Show contestant". But then the USA has a far deeper pool of crappy shows that need meat.

When asked, I said no.

I couldn't bear to be away from AB and BTB for even a week let alone the near to three month (wot with you lot keen to keep me in there rather than in here) run on the inside @ Dreamworld. :D

regarDS

Top tips for becoming a reality TV star

Christmas is over, the hangover from New Years has receded and instead of having a New Years resolution of giving up smoking or losing weight, you have decided you want to be a reality TV star...

Full article @
http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/top-tips-for-becoming-a-reality-tv-star/#comments

lol^ I bought some Lace-Up Uggies, a tassled beanie which makes me look like I can Ski, a cheap chinese guitar from ebay, a book to teach me 4 chords, A pair of skinny jeans (not the rock star ones) yanno a pair of wrangler stranglers.

Modelling myself on Carlo I have also been practising relieving myself in the sink in front of the Nation.

I reckon I am a shoe - in, laid down misere, fait accompli.

Hope they ring so I can tell them Im busy organising my sock drawer that night.

chuck says: 07:43am | 06/01/12
Emma perhaps you could have listed other unique attributes like having an IQ < 100, being a narcissist, hedonist with a skin as thick as the proverbial.

Chuck - All due respect to your point, however when they cast on that basis for Big Brother in the latter seasons the ratings plummeted. Also I think you will find the majority of the contestants on Masterchef have tertiary qualifications. Season 2 was noted as being year of the lawyer.

Channel Nine please note!

Had a comvo @ the rubbydubdub about Big brother. Why Isnt the house near the beach...so you hear it but cant see it? North straddie!!!!

i don't think anyone would hire me for a job ever again if i did.

Posted for reference:-

Statement from Fan Page Owner.

by Big Brother Australia 2012 on Friday, 3 February 2012 at 18:52

Hello Australia,

Happy Friday to all.

I would like to clear up a few rumours that are currently circulating on the web.

Their are currently allegations that an unofficial Big Brother Facebook Page, entitled Big-Brother Australia, is owned my myself.

I can assure you that I have no administrative access or affiliation to the page Big-Brother Australia or bigbrotheraustralia.com.au.

The Sydney Morning Herald and Brisbane Times released a story on November 23, 2011 regarding the success of my unofficial Facebook Page, which read the following:

"Mr van der Akker also contributes to Gold Coast based fansite bigbrotheraustralia.com.au"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/new-host-to-keep-eye-on-big-brother-house-20111123-1nub7.html#ixzz1lIm9m6VB"

At the time this article was published, I had been contacted by the website administrator, Kieran Mackenzie from the Gold Coast who wanted to cross-promote his website on my Facebook Page and vice versa. At the time it seemed like a good idea however after consideration, I decided to not take part in his unofficial website bigbrotheraustralia.com.au.

It has now come to my attention that the Facebook Page Big-Brother Australia and others alike have conducted competitions and priority audition information.

I am aware that many people had fallen for the scam, and provided details etc, in the hopes of scoring a spot on the show.

I would like to make this clear that the Facebook Page that I own "Big Brother Australia 2012", with the URL www.facebook.com/bigbrotheraustralia is the ONLY Big Brother Page I administrate. I will NEVER and have NEVER conducted a competition, or released priority audition information.

Once the OFFICIAL Page has released information, I will be sure to update the Big Brother Australia 2012 Fan Page.

In the meantime, I truly hope you have all enjoyed the entertainment provided, such as Blast From The Past and Ex-Housemate Interviews "Where Are They Now" which has starred winner of Big Brother 08 Terri Munro and Travis Keyser, with many more interviews to come.

http://soundcloud.com/timmyvan

If you would like clarity on this, or would like to discuss further, please email [email protected].

On that note, be sure to LIKE the Official Big Brother Page which is:

www.facebook.com/bigbrotherAU

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Regards,

Tim Van Den Akker

Posted for reference:-

Statement from Fan Page Owner.
by Big Brother Australia 2012 on Friday, 3 February 2012 at 18:52

Hello Australia,
Happy Friday to all.
I would like to clear up a few rumours that are currently circulating on the web.
Their are currently allegations that an unofficial Big Brother Facebook Page, entitled Big-Brother Australia, is owned my myself.
I can assure you that I have no administrative access or affiliation to the page Big-Brother Australia or bigbrotheraustralia.com.au.
The Sydney Morning Herald and Brisbane Times released a story on November 23, 2011 regarding the success of my unofficial Facebook Page, which read the following:

"Mr van der Akker also contributes to Gold Coast based fansite bigbrotheraustralia.com.au"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/new-host-to-keep-eye-on-big-brother-house-20111123-1nub7.html#ixzz1lIm9m6VB"

At the time this article was published, I had been contacted by the website administrator, Kieran Mackenzie from the Gold Coast who wanted to cross-promote his website on my Facebook Page and vice versa. At the time it seemed like a good idea however after consideration, I decided to not take part in his unofficial website bigbrotheraustralia.com.au.

It has now come to my attention that the Facebook Page Big-Brother Australia and others alike have conducted competitions and priority audition information.

I am aware that many people had fallen for the scam, and provided details etc, in the hopes of scoring a spot on the show.

I would like to make this clear that the Facebook Page that I own "Big Brother Australia 2012", with the URL www.facebook.com/bigbrotheraustralia is the ONLY Big Brother Page I administrate. I will NEVER and have NEVER conducted a competition, or released priority audition information

Once the OFFICIAL Page has released information, I will be sure to update the Big Brother Australia 2012 Fan Page.

In the meantime, I truly hope you have all enjoyed the entertainment provided, such as Blast From The Past and Ex-Housemate Interviews "Where Are They Now" which has starred winner of Big Brother 08 Terri Munro and Travis Keyser, with many more interviews to come.

http://soundcloud.com/timmyvan

If you would like clarity on this, or would like to discuss further, please email [email protected].

On that note, be sure to LIKE the Official Big Brother Page which is:

www.facebook.com/bigbrotherAU

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Regards,

Tim Van Den Akker

Why is this important???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back