Skip to main content

Why was Ben evicted?

Mainly complacency.
Obviously voters presumed he and Tim would be safe as they always have been in the past.
Really unlucky for Benny though - a real shock.
Didn't want him to win but definitely deserved to be in the final three. A unique and lovely guy - not a mean bone in his body.

So disappointed to see dullard Ed, shifty Drew and nasty Tahan get to stay over Ben.

Definitely a wakeup call to Tim fans to get voting next time he's up.

I'm disappointed that Ben left as he was my favourite. Complacency is the only reason. I don't think the comedian/actor thing was big enough for him to not be saved.

Well, it's time to support my next favourite, Tim!

Not disappointed in his eviction. Was he really portraying the true ben or just a really good actor? We'll probably never know, but who cares. Only reason I'm not sad at his leaving is that he displayed many traits I find unattractive. Over the top, needy, emotional, spoilt, 'useless' and was at times quite sneaky.

I actually think the Story of Ben being the Comedian was a downfall for him.

People started to think he was fake and he lost supporters.

Maybe he didn't disclose his stand-up experience to producers during the selection process and the lack of exposure was payback.

I was geuinely shocked! I never saw that coming! Something must be wrong. Ben was/is so popular. Even the hm's thought he would win (put him first in the lineup game). I think BB has stuffed up the voting. Ben's popularity couldn't wane that quickly. Something is very suss. So many people claiming their votes weren't counted. The only other explanation is that fans of Ben thought he would be safe, possibly that he would get enough votes from others, so they voted to save someone else? I LOVE Benny and thought he would win BB. Actually I thought it would come down to Ben & Tim for the win.

Could BB be this rigged?

Eh this is gonna be yet another year where the bully/bitch character wins *sigh* #overit

Yes, I thought this also. It makes me so angry that the bullies/bitches come out on top. It says a lot about society. The good guy/girl never (rarely) wins. It's like the schoolyard bullies in HS, no one stands up to them, and if someone DOES stand up to them no one gives them support. You just have to be loud, obnoxious, cunning, backstabbing, malicious, cruel & nasty and you can win! I will never understand how people applaud the bullying behaviour of some of the hm's, namely - Tim, Tahan, Drew & now possibly Boog.

I know lazy, unsuspecting voters are probably to blame but for real, Ben has been the most saved every time he's been up (as far as I can remember) and he always gets a huge cheer. His fan base is larger than anyone's, even Tim's. Even if a chunk of people thought "No way he's leaving, I'm not voting this week", surely there'd be enough people who still did vote that it would keep him out of trouble.

It MAKES NO SENSEEEEEE

Agree!

Yes, I thought this also. It makes me so angry that the bullies/bitches come out on top. It says a lot about society. The good guy/girl never (rarely) wins. It's like the schoolyard bullies in HS, no one stands up to them, and if someone DOES stand up to them no one gives them support. You just have to be loud, obnoxious, cunning, backstabbing, malicious, cruel & nasty and you can win! I will never understand how people applaud the bullying behaviour of some of the hm's, namely - Tim, Tahan, Drew & now possibly Boog.

I don't think you have to be all those things, but you do have to be interesting/entertaining. Whilst you may have found Ben to be that, many did not & more & more were getting fed up with his ways too. I also wouldn't call what any of them are doing bullying. Bitching - yes, but they are all doing it not just the 4 you mentioned.

I don't think you have to be all those things, but you do have to be interesting/entertaining. Whilst you may have found Ben to be that, many did not & more & more were getting fed up with his ways too. I also wouldn't call what any of them are doing bullying. Bitching - yes, but they are all doing it not just the 4 you mentioned.

agreed! SO many people like to call out people on their bitching in the house and act if this is the optimal of ugly behaviour and therefore write that person off as a bitch or a bully when I can say without worry that most people, maybe not all, but most bitch about people. It's just human nature.

agreed! SO many people like to call out people on their bitching in the house and act if this is the optimal of ugly behaviour and therefore write that person off as a bitch or a bully when I can say without worry that most people, maybe not all, but most bitch about people. It's just human nature.

I'm not sure it is written off so to speak, people know the difference between bitching and bullying and both those qualities can be assigned to a housemate depending on how you see it. Further I disagree with bitching being a part of human nature, it is more so about a certain cultural upbringing that has to do with it. Talking behind people's backs is one thing but bitching in entirely another, it should not be condoned

I'm not sure it is written off so to speak, people know the difference between bitching and bullying and both those qualities can be assigned to a housemate depending on how you see it. Further I disagree with bitching being a part of human nature, it is more so about a certain cultural upbringing that has to do with it. Talking behind people's backs is one thing but bitching in entirely another, it should not be condoned

Maybe so, but I think it's inevitable in an environment like the BB house where they are in competition & cut off from any outside stimuli or feedback.

He is an atheist who doesn't like dogs. Between the religious voters and animal lovers he was never going to win once those two bits of information became known.

Ed nearly went. See the difference it was something like 16.9 and 16.8

Eds family needs to stop messing with it. If they had stayed out of it he would have gone like he was meant to and we'd still have Ben.

Everyone is talking about the impact Ed's family had on voting. How do they have such an influence on the Australian public?

Question: If people assume that Ben was evicted because people thought he was safe (being a very popular housemate on the outside), WHY was Tim the second highest in save votes? He is just as popular if not more on the outside. I call bull on anyone who thinks he was evicted because of popularity! He was evicted because people were getting over his baby ways - there were LOTS of negative posts about him on facebook weeks leading up to this eviction and also in the OS video comments, plus the comedy story didn't help coupled with not much of Ben on daily shows seen during the week leading up to his eviction.

Question: If people assume that Ben was evicted because people thought he was safe (being a very popular housemate on the outside), WHY was Tim the second highest in save votes? He is just as popular if not more on the outside. I call bull on anyone who thinks he was evicted because of popularity! He was evicted because people were getting over his baby ways - there were LOTS of negative posts about him on facebook weeks leading up to this eviction and also in the OS video comments, plus the comedy story didn't help coupled with not much of Ben on daily shows seen during the week leading up to his eviction.
The percentages were very close. The difference between Ben and Tim was only around 1-2% from memory. I'm sure the comedy thing didn't help, but Tim didn't get as many votes as he usually did either.

The percentages were very close. The difference between Ben and Tim was only around 1-2% from memory. I'm sure the comedy thing didn't help, but Tim didn't get as many votes as he usually did either.

That's still a HUGE amount of votes. 16.2% to 17.8%

It would probably be around 1000-2000 votes, right? That's not that many if you take into account the fact that lots of people are voting hundreds of times each.

I have no idea. I see your point but I still think the reasons I stated were the reasons he was evicted. People were getting very suss about him and would have rather saved other housemates that week. Even I was getting unsure about who the REAL Ben was! LOL! Even being a fan of his on facebook and seeing his videos, something still seems "off" in my opinion.

Back