Skip to main content

Why was Ben evicted?

No but its a build up, Ed has NO interest in her! he's playing her now as he's so close to the end.

And I cringe every time Jade mentions "giving it a go on the outside"...she's a lovely girl, but I wonder whether this will turn her into a 'reality TV ruined my life' hack.

I'm annoyed at those people that have come up with the whole 'my vote wasn't counted thing'.
Ben left fair and square, his fans were complacent and he was hardly shown this week. I hope this was a wake up call to Tim's fans to vote hard every week.

CObNQS0.gif

Ben is a parasitic little twerp. You can only go so far playing on quaintness and the sympathy of others. He had NOTHING to offer and the public became bored with him.

I wasn't a big fan and I'm also for Tim to win but your comments are just down right nasty. It's fine to say you didn't like him or he was boring but your comments are very personal. You don't really know him and just because he's on TV doesn't give you the right to be so awful to someone. Imagine if everyone was posting about you online in a public forum and saying things like that. Geez.

[MENTION=30760]MADONNA[/MENTION] I just laugh/spat my morning coffee all over my computer! So bad Madonna but SOOOOO funny!

I wasn't a big fan and I'm also for Tim to win but your comments are just down right nasty. It's fine to say you didn't like him or he was boring but your comments are very personal. You don't really know him and just because he's on TV doesn't give you the right to be so awful to someone. Imagine if everyone was posting about you online in a public forum and saying things like that. Geez.

Get used to because it - if you stay around here you'll find an abundance of stuff like that & WAY worse unfortunately. One of the reasons I defend Mikkayla is because so much of it is this kind of nasty crap. I like Mikkayla, but I also like several of the others - she, however, gets some horribly abusive & disgusting things said about her - totally uncalled for, but apparently okay in the anonymity of cyberspace. I know people develop their favourites based on the biased edits of the show, but I wouldn't call my worst enemy in the world some of the stuff that's been said on these forums.

That gif haha.

Yeah, his fans just got complacent, a side effect from the massive favouritism he received: he seemed invincible. Remember Tahan was within 1% of him the week of the fake eviction, with Ed only 6% behind.

I genuinely wanted some insight and was hoping this thread wasn't gonna get too nasty. But vile things get said about all the HMs and you just have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm actually kinda glad for Ben that he won't be there in the final days, I think this lot will actually get quite ruthless and I doubt he could handle it.

Don't be too hard on the guy, I think for most part we did see the real Ben and I guess he played up to what he has been doing all his life.Growing up gay one does have to put on an act, whether you act straighter or you act camper it's always pushed to extreme, to fit in Ben has been making jokes all his life and no doubt that helped him feel more comfortable in life, he's probably always been told that he is funny hence his dabbling years ago as a comedian..which obviously did not work.He has a strong relationship with his mother and grandmother and I am sure they have babied him and done many things for him because they knew their loved one was different,not having a father figure these people are the most important persons in his life.During the show he did grow but of course he played up the many things he could not do, cooking and general life skills, he has tried to overcome with his humour and yes in the house some sympathy, In the house he was someone finally! and the Tim and Ben in the bathroom where Ben did break down was sincere he wanted the house compared to his mundane life outside...I don't know him from a bar of soap from what I have seen I don't think he would have many true friends because as we have seen a little too much of Ben rubs people the wrong way, and this week he did probably lose some votes because of this.The other thing this eviction was a shock anyone that bets and for the favorite to run last like Ben did on this occasion would have wondered about a fix and probably in racing terms a steward enquiry.I think Ben voters did become complacent and gave Drew a few votes and maybe Tahan. Ben is a person you either like and can deal with or you cannot stand.There are many Ben's in this world and like everyone sometimes your upbringing is what makes you the person you are.Lets hope for Ben's sake he can deal with the outside world better than what he was doing before he entered, I hope he can learn to be more independent and relying more on himself than other people. It probably was Ben's time to go.I have to say this however how the fuck is Ed still there!

The only reason I would think. Still amazed he went before borED.

But surely with the complacency he had more fans to cover for it? I wish so hard that I threw some votes his way. I thought he was a sure thing. But I place a lot of blame on that stupid article about the real Ben please stand up... Utter nonsense! That article wasn't factual at all

Trolls will be trolls :(

Get used to because it - if you stay around here you'll find an abundance of stuff like that & WAY worse unfortunately. One of the reasons I defend Mikkayla is because so much of it is this kind of nasty crap. I like Mikkayla, but I also like several of the others - she, however, gets some horribly abusive & disgusting things said about her - totally uncalled for, but apparently okay in the anonymity of cyberspace. I know people develop their favourites based on the biased edits of the show, but I wouldn't call my worst enemy in the world some of the stuff that's been said on these forums.

I agree with you. With great anomymity comes great nastiness (ok, so that didn't roll off the tongue like I'd hoped).

So many people with so much hate to spill are here, but the witty, funny and clever people out number the haters and that is what makes this site worth returning too (for me anyway) :)

I assume because he got the least amount of votes.

Exactly. I posted this on another thread, and it seems reasonable to repeat it here:

Ed's family have gee'd up voting every time he's up, so I'm not that surprised he stayed. I guess Ben's fans forgot to bother?

Also, given that the close percentages were revealed to the viewers within three minutes of the show starting, and the voting lines closed within twenty-three minutes (usually they're open more like 40 to 42 minutes from the start of show) and bugger all to remind people of Ben's existence was shown in that time, it was a very dull ep, I guesss the show was happy to have Ben shock evicted last night. They sure didn't try to save him. And for that I say Halleluyah, thank you, it's a miracle, I thought he'd be in the final two and win the thing and there was no averting it.

Have to say, he worked that crowd like a seasoned, corny pro.

I do have to wonder what happened to those who voted Ben in the past. I never voted Ben (actually I did vote him once last night in my vote everyone but Ed, but focused mainly on Drew) it was always someone else but I still liked him and expected him to last the distance, and very most likely win. He was the one that seemed inevitable to me to have the highest votes as the wider audience outside of forums like this just saw him as the fave, and voted accordingly.

So what happened to the Ben voters that did vote him in the past and always gave him the highest percentage when he was up? Did they really think they didn't need to vote this time as he was destined to the end and so chose for whatever stupid reason to help out Tahan or even dare I say it Ed?

I do have to wonder what happened to those who voted Ben in the past. I never voted Ben (actually I did vote him once last night in my vote everyone but Ed, but focused mainly on Drew) it was always someone else but I still liked him and expected him to last the distance, and very most likely win. He was the one that seemed inevitable to me to have the highest votes as the wider audience outside of forums like this just saw him as the fave, and voted accordingly.

So what happened to the Ben voters that did vote him in the past and always gave him the highest percentage when he was up? Did they really think they didn't need to vote this time as he was destined to the end and so chose for whatever stupid reason to help out Tahan or even dare I say it Ed?

I think both Tim AND Ben fans took the foot off the gas and simply assumed they would e safe, I mean the level level of absolute certainty amongst fans and even the betting agencies of an ED eviction was extremely high....and i'll admit, I was one of those !! I would've given Tim my vote to save but instead gave it to Tahan, I generally enjoy Tahan 'as a housemate' and felt she was hard done by by Jade and her crass 'die in a hole' comment. I also voted Tahan thinking it may help evict Ed. I'm sure many other Tim or Ben fans did the same....sorry, but nothing else explains Tahan 'doubling' Tim and Bens tally....ok, probably being the only female up played a part too but her numbers relative to everyone else were astonishing. Not to take anything away from Tahan she has her fans no doubt.

These voting system all tend to work in the same way, the numbers represent a distribution of votes and unless a massive influx of new voters come in it tends to more or less be the same voters floating around. It's just to much of a coincidence that the 2 CLEAR favourites who've dominated the percentages from day 1 both had their lowest numbers on the day when a typically low-to-miiddle percentage scorer got a MASSIVE turnout.

It's too late for Ben fans now, but Tim fans should take last nights result as a huge lesson. NEVER ASSUME that your guy will be safe, you actually NEED TO VOTE FOR TIM to save Tim.....and never again fall into the trap like so many did this week with the whole "vote for Drew or Tahan to evict ED" .....with numbers so tight below Tahan, that kind of complacency put Tim fans withing a couple of percentage points of CATASTROPHE.

So far, this is the only post you've made. Did you join just to respond to my post? I find that interesting. There are nastier posts on this board than mine about Ben and others; why did you choose to respond to mine?
If you put yourself on TV you open yourself up to criticism. Despite getting a glowing edit from the producers, the darker aspects of his personality came through. I don't need anyone to give me the right to say whatever I want and yes, if that creepy little weirdo were in front of me, I'd say it to his ugly mug. I've known people like Ben; utterly self-obsessed and dependent on everyone around them. And deceitful. He can be quite funny and interesting to watch but at the end of the day it's all about him. He's a disgusting person. Calm the fuck down.

Back