Skip to main content

Why doesn't anyone like Sam?

People don't believe attractive and fit people can be decent human beings so people instantly decide they are putting them on a too good to be true. Sam seems like a genuinely nice guy who will likely end up doing well in life giving his combination of assets.

The insecurities of Ben and Michael that they have used against other males fall short when it comes to Sam. Sam is friendly, considerate and articulate. This and his physical presence scare the crap out of Michael and Ben and those are the two who lead the insecurity hate brigade.

If Sam came in day 1 he would probably be odds on favorite to win.

I will add though i think Sam lied when he came into the house and said he never saw the show. He did this to avoid questions but also put him off being a way to read outside opinion.

Sam is playing it as a game which he should because it is a flipping game. Not a single person left is not playing a game. None of that changes his character.

Coz he's as boring as bat shit, that's why.
Actually the boring people are the ones always complaining others are boring and have nothing to say. What this really means is "they don't want to talk about me so they are boring and dull."

The witches of eastwick, ben, Michael and Stacie are the biggest offenders. Interesting people never struggle to find common ground with others to converse. These three lead the house in being the biggest conversational phonies in the house.

Totes vanilla! hehe, that made me giggle coz it's soooo true.

I haven't seen anything much to dislike about Sam BUT the things that he does that would be endearing in another person I just don't feel are real or sincere with him. Honorably he has actually been vocal to BB (and the public) about his intention to win, but I can't work out how far he has gone with that.
I feel like he is being textbook boyfriend/friend/under the radar and that we haven't seen the real Sam. He reminds me of a guy who you meet in a pub and is chatting you up using steps from a how to pick up women book.... Smooth.... But totally vanilla.

The main issue I have with Sam is he seems to have a “Girls like it when I say X, so I say X” thing happening, rather than “I really think you look beautiful, so I called you beautiful.”
He seems too preoccupied with saying what he thinks people want to hear.

I don't think Sam is an awful person or anything (again with the heroes & villains that people obsess over on this forum at times), I just think he's boring to watch. If it was a BB filled with "Sams" I'd have switched off long ago. Luckily it's not. However I don't have anything against the guy, I just think he makes boring fodder for a reality tv show.

And yet also the best raconteurs. And the best tv me thinks.

Actually the boring people are the ones always complaining others are boring and have nothing to say. What this really means is "they don't want to talk about me so they are boring and dull."

The witches of eastwick, ben, Michael and Stacie are the biggest offenders. Interesting people never struggle to find common ground with others to converse. These three lead the house in being the biggest conversational phonies in the house.

...oh. my. fucking. GOD. I just figured it out. He reminds me of one of my exs. (Not in looks, sadly. Say what you will about his personality, he IS pretty.)

I spent 11 months trying to get to know him, convinced there was more to him and that he was hiding “the real” him. Nope. There wasn’t anything more. He was as shallow as a mirror, only with less personality and individuality.

Damn it. Now I’m going to want to hit the TV every time he’s on.

I agree that Shaggy (read:Michael) has major insecurities regarding what lots of people tend to consider good looking in other men. His behaviour regarding this has shit me royally in the past however I think he's started to show a lot of candour lately; he's admitted it essentially and there's something to be said for that. Ben? I think you've got him all wrong on that front.

But what makes you think that Sam would be an odds on favourite to win?

People don't believe attractive and fit people can be decent human beings so people instantly decide they are putting them on a too good to be true. Sam seems like a genuinely nice guy who will likely end up doing well in life giving his combination of assets.

The insecurities of Ben and Michael that they have used against other males fall short when it comes to Sam. Sam is friendly, considerate and articulate. This and his physical presence scare the crap out of Michael and Ben and those are the two who lead the insecurity hate brigade.

If Sam came in day 1 he would probably be odds on favorite to win.

Omg Indego, I know exactly what you mean!!! I went out with a guy for a while and there just wasn't anything beneath the surface...he was vacant! It was bizarre.

...oh. my. fucking. GOD. I just figured it out. He reminds me of one of my exs. (Not in looks, sadly. Say what you will about his personality, he IS pretty.)

I spent 11 months trying to get to know him, convinced there was more to him and that he was hiding “the real” him. Nope. There wasn’t anything more. He was as shallow as a mirror, only with less personality and individuality.

Damn it. Now I’m going to want to hit the TV every time he’s on.

Omg Indego, I know exactly what you mean!!! I went out with a guy for a while and there just wasn't anything beneath the surface...he was vacant! It was bizarre.

You'd think the vacuum their lack of personality causes would make their skull implode, wouldn't you?
Wait a minute, maybe THAT’S what Sam’s scar’s from!

Whoever did BB's casting fucked it with Sam. A lot of people will think Sam's a bit of all right but he's boring. He duz not a reality tv star make.

The question requires a long multi-page tell Super Monster to get started ;)

Okaaaay. Umm, many people have a great work ethic, but that doesn't make them interesting to watch on tv. And I do think women who find a bloke like him attractive deserve more credit. They may like him as a bit of eye candy but after weeks of watching him say nothing, do nothing of interest, THEY'D lose interest in watching that sack of spuds.

Sam has a great work ethic :)

I don't get when housemates call Sam "Boring". (ie from Ben).

Why is Ben so interesting - he has the SAME conversation over and over but replacing Sam with Angie or Estelle each time. Ok sometimes Layla and Zoe. But it's the same conversation. "I don't like that person".

And if someone (Stacey and Ben) just stand there saying the word MEEP to each other in different pitches, doesn't THAT make them more boring than Sam?? Never seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites as the housemates this year.

Ben is lusting after Sam and can't have him, and there lies his bitterness. I couldn't give a toss if they just played slow motion shots of Sam walking into the pool in budgie smugglers. It'd be more interesting than the 'in clique' talking about how they're the in clique and the others are boring and annoy them which we get served up for an hour a night.

Also - notice how Ben said Sam should get Stacey into the gym to get to know her better, then Stacey nominated Sam for trying to get her to do gym. :rolleyes:

Back