Skip to main content

Who even is Ryan?

pawlini

I've got the power
I would be interested to know what his fans on here and others have to say about this. I personally don't see how anyone can have an opinion on him at all as we've seen nothing of him except maybe the frozen chicken.

So you tell me and don't tell me who you think he is but who you have actually seen on the show?

You could speculate till the cows come home what sort of person he is but from my viewing experience and I've religiously watched nearly every episode I have no idea who the guy is (I know more about that guy Tom) and why anyone who got close to him was evicted?

This is an unfair question that hasn't got a specific way to be answered.

Tell us how you'd answer the same question for every other housemate, first.

From what I have seen on the show - Ryan is the new age "cool guy", forget being a jock, playing football and being a meathead that won't get you popularity in the big brother house anymore. Ryan has "mystique" about him - maybe this was his plan all along? keep his cards close to his chest and don't reveal much personality except slight humour at opportune times are at other peoples expense but say "just kidding" to remain safe.

Ryan is a master manipulator in the house to me - with this mystique and cool guy persona, he managed to gain a following of Lisa and Katie - two girls that would be considered the ultimate mean girls in highschool that clique with the cool guys. Once they were evicted, Ryan managed to grab on to housemates that wouldn't exactly be considered "cool" in real life and form a not so subtle alliance with them (going against Dave). Once they were all evicted, Ryan had no one else to mould quite so easily - he'd done his dash with Travis, Aisha was taken, Priya and him were at odds, Skye was too much of a threat, David was there.

With the help of two newcomer boys Tom and Richard, he managed to create a boys club - whether or not this was actually his intention he managed to pull it off. While keeping them on side however, he managed to vote against them, but knew because of his "cool guy" persona none of his followers would dare to actually vote against him. Now here we are, Ryan is in the final 6 - not much personality revealed, but a heck of a lot of gameplay - is this a worthy winner of BB? yes if in the end he was honest about his gameplay and said he had a plan all along, much like Tim did (which I personally think Tim made up as he went along). Is it worthy based on personality traits alone? No. Ryan gives off an air of 'prudishness', intimidation and a condescending nature.

I can only go by MY perception of him from what we have seen on the show. In the first few weeks I honestly forgot he was even there. He was the only HMs name I couldn't remember. He seemed quite and reserved. Kind of a fence-sitter. He watched & observed the other HMs. He slowly came out of his shell, popped his head out. He seemed to gravitate more towards the other male HMs, especially Sam. He quickly became an alpha male, who gossiped & bitched about EVERYONE (almost). He would get people aside & plant his seeds of hate. He'd shit-stir, and then (mostly) sit back & watch the HMs attack each other. I think he is very smart. He knows how to get people to do his dirty work. He is a master manipulator.

From what I have seen on the show - Ryan is the new age "cool guy", forget being a jock, playing football and being a meathead that won't get you popularity in the big brother house anymore. Ryan has "mystique" about him - maybe this was his plan all along? keep his cards close to his chest and don't reveal much personality except slight humour at opportune times are at other peoples expense but say "just kidding" to remain safe.

Ryan is a master manipulator in the house to me - with this mystique and cool guy persona, he managed to gain a following of Lisa and Katie - two girls that would be considered the ultimate mean girls in highschool that clique with the cool guys. Once they were evicted, Ryan managed to grab on to housemates that wouldn't exactly be considered "cool" in real life and form a not so subtle alliance with them (going against Dave). Once they were all evicted, Ryan had no one else to mould quite so easily - he'd done his dash with Travis, Aisha was taken, Priya and him were at odds, Skye was too much of a threat, David was there.

With the help of two newcomer boys Tom and Richard, he managed to create a boys club - whether or not this was actually his intention he managed to pull it off. While keeping them on side however, he managed to vote against them, but knew because of his "cool guy" persona none of his followers would dare to actually vote against him. Now here we are, Ryan is in the final 6 - not much personality revealed, but a heck of a lot of gameplay - is this a worthy winner of BB? yes if in the end he was honest about his gameplay and said he had a plan all along, much like Tim did (which I personally think Tim made up as he went along). Is it worthy based on personality traits alone? No. Ryan gives off an air of 'prudishness', intimidation and a condescending nature.
Omg you summed him up perfectly! I truly believe he was David's downfall. David was untouchable till he got with Ryan. have you noticed the people left bar the intruders are Ryan's nemesis from the whole game in the house? Priya, Skye & Travis.

Omg you summed him up perfectly! I truly believe he was David's downfall. David was untouchable till he got with Ryan. have you noticed the people left bar the intruders are Ryan's nemesis from the whole game in the house? Priya, Skye & Travis.
He baited Travis for their fight when Travis made the remark about his sister. Ryan started it but of course Travis ended up being the bad guy and got the "We won't be friends on the outside" line.

Then the whole incident with Skye when she was sitting on the diary room steps, confusing and patronising her until she snapped.

Well, what I've seen is a regular, laid-back, witty guy who asserts himself when he needs to but doesn't stir shit for the sake of drama or camera time, and generally doesn't let the petty nonsense rile him. Gives everyone a chance--multiple chances--but won't necessarily go along just to get along. Clearly loves his family. A condescending fence-sitting rich bully monster, basically. O_O

I was trying to find photo evidence of him being around during those fights but there's no way to tell if he's there cause its close ups of faces. but this is literally his bio on the website.

26-year-old graphic designer Ryan is a contradiction wrapped up in a Sensitive-New-Age-Guy. The Sydney-residing former Queenslander admits he loves to push people's buttons but avoids conflict like the plague.

After 2 weeks i thought he'd be kicked out around the 40-50 day mark. Some crucial things happened in the game for him to get this far

- Sam getting evicted was probably the turning point - it meant he became alpha male and more of an individual, the following argument he had with Skye which also coincided with her decreasing popularity, and then when Sandra got evicted he had lost all his friends (Lisa, Katie) and had then become the key male figure in the game (Travis had only just returned from the fake eviction). So I think a lot of things went his way but he made some very good decisions following it like befriending David and he's been pretty funny throughout.

He had nothing to do with the fight between Skye david and lawson on the floor. I don't remember him even there.

I just think he is a laid back funny guy from what we have seen. I don't know why people feel we need to have winners and characters that are loud mouth opinionated trouble makers. I get it is an entertainment show but sometimes you need a balance and ryan is a chilled all round good guy imo. He is basically a dion or sam character but a much smarter and well spoken person.

He had nothing to do with the fight between Skye david and lawson on the floor. I don't remember him even there.

I just think he is a laid back funny guy from what we have seen. I don't know why people feel we need to have winners and characters that are loud mouth opinionated trouble makers. I get it is an entertainment show but sometimes you need a balance and ryan is a chilled all round good guy imo. He is basically a dion or sam character but a much smarter and well spoken person.
You don't see how he will walk away with $200,000 for sitting in a house for 3 months and no one really knows who he is and why he deserves the money? Ok then.. you must have been a fan of Trevor who took away $1 mil and did Sweet FA

Also i don't get the whole stigma that ryan used david. It's been said in interviews that ryan wasn't the instigator in this whole supposed "bullying" thing at the start. David has stated that. I generally think they are good friends and will stay like that. Just because hey didn't start really becoming friends until the middle to end doesn't mean shit. Priya and Skye were not close at the start. They seem close now.

This is brilliant!

Sorry it was Skye & Lawsons fight with David chiming in but I'm pretty sure I remember Ryan was on the couch too.

You don't see how he will walk away with $200,000 for sitting in a house for 3 months and no one really knows who he is and why he deserves the money? Ok then.. you must have been a fan of Trevor who took away $1 mil and did Sweet FA
Did you start this thread to get actual feedback on how Ryan has been perceived, or just to belittle anyone's views that aren't in line with yours?

Back