Skip to main content

What's your middle name?

Katarina, it annoys me when people say it Katrina. A lady misspelt it on my license "Katrina" and then because it wasn't on my birth certificate (it was given to me at my christening- Wog style) and then I couldn't change it. They wouldn't even let me take it off. I had to apply for a legal name change and go through the whole process. It took ages.

Katarina, it annoys me when people say it Katrina. A lady misspelt it on my license "Katrina" and then because it wasn't on my birth certificate (it was given to me at my christening- Wog style) and then I couldn't change it. They wouldn't even let me take it off. I had to apply for a legal name change and go through the whole process. It took ages.

Wow that sounds like a massive pain in the arse. I am glad all of my name changes happened in the first few years of my life, it's still annoying though having to list all of my legal names on every form. I am definitely never changing my last name ever again.

That's my cousins name too and the amount of people who call her Katrina is ridiculous!

Truthfully don't have one. Nor does my brother.

Mum's middle name "Frances", Dad's "Gilbert". Both children of the 40s - so, Frances the Talking horse, Gilbert is self-explanatory. They decided as their late 60s rebellion to not saddle their kids with monikas unwanted.

TBH; it's worse than having one you don't like - filling in government forms, PITA -- "but you must"; BUT, I DON'T. Here's the birth cert to prove it.

But; I always used to dream of "Anna" as a middle name. Fucking ABBA.

Mine is Isabel

My brother wanted me to give them middle names of Danger and Trouble but I let him down....Im not that brave lol. Choosing middle names for the twins was such a drag. Choosing names at all was such a drag. Such a big decision! Im still terrified they will hate them, but honestly they can name themselves what they like if they don't like them. I went by Biscuit for a few weeks as a little kid.

Mine is Isabel

My brother wanted me to give them middle names of Danger and Trouble but I let him down....Im not that brave lol. Choosing middle names for the twins was such a drag. Choosing names at all was such a drag. Such a big decision! Im still terrified they will hate them, but honestly they can name themselves what they like if they don't like them. I went by Biscuit for a few weeks as a little kid.
I couldn't imagine that responsibility! It would be the worst part of childbirth other than, you know, getting them out of you haha.

Back