Skip to main content

What's the Twist?

Any idea when The Block finishes? Also are Nine screening the Ashes cricket tour in England (I know Foxtel have it, but I thought it had to be shown FTA in Australia). If so that could somewhat impact on scheduling for Big Brother - if I've got my timezones right games would begin at 8pm your time, so limiting BB to a 7-7.30pm slot most nights. It would mean a couple of weeks when nominations couldn't air live on Monday nights.

Any idea when The Block finishes? Also are Nine screening the Ashes cricket tour in England (I know Foxtel have it, but I thought it had to be shown FTA in Australia). If so that could somewhat impact on scheduling for Big Brother - if I've got my timezones right games would begin at 8pm your time, so limiting BB to a 7-7.30pm slot most nights. It would mean a couple of weeks when nominations couldn't air live on Monday nights.

They said last night on The Block they are at the half way point.

The public open for inspections for The Block are the 13th and 14th of July so I'd say the auctions and show will finish week beginning Mon 15th July, which would fit nicely with a late July start for BBAU.

In terms of the cricket, I think they are putting it on GEM live, and will switch over to Nine later in the night. It means we might not get the repeats like they are doing with The Block at the moment.

Well the twist won't be a house without bottle blonde slags or dumb neanderthal he men. No doubt a tacky and shameless flash in the pan gimmick that has no real relevance or is soon dropped like a hot potato.

Well the twist won't be a house without bottle blonde slags or dumb neanderthal he men. No doubt a tacky and shameless flash in the pan gimmick that has no real relevance or is soon dropped like a hot potato.

Agreed. Probably people from different generations or something, but in the add there were older people and younger people, but there were some builders and football players, and there was a Proposal at the Start. Could mean anything.

Speaking of twists, on a semi-unrelated note, anyone who has a good memory or has recently watched a past series, I am struggling to find a HM saying anything with the word "twist" in it... anything regarding a twist... from any season... something like "I knew there'd be a twist" or "Big Brother, I hate your twists"... I'm sure something like that has been said but I cannot for the life of me find an episode with it. (Mind you, I've actually spent the last 2 hours looking. :p) I feel like someone like Paul BB04 or Travis BB07 has used the reference once or twice.

But yeah. Don't think I'm insane. ;) It's literally the last thing I need to add to a certain something I'm putting together which I'll upload soon.

Anyone?

I've skimmed nearly all of them and for some reason I seem to be missing them all. (I'm not after anything Gretel or Mike say btw, only a housemate.)

Hmm...

No prize money or cars.
After all they are just going in for the experience! I would like to see their faces if they were told that on the first night. I dont know if its been done before. For real this time not just like in 2007 when they said there was no prize money and then they earnt it.

Last edited:
No prize money or cars.
After all they are just going in for the experience! I would like to see their faces if they were told that on the first night. I dont know if its been done before. For real this time not just like in 2007 when they said there was no prize money and then they earnt it.
Well last year they didn't even give any HM (minus the final four) a prize at all, so it was kind of similar.

From the BB homepage:

"What do you hope to see 'twisted' in Big Brother 2013?"

vote here:

http://www.bigbrother.com.au/vote.aspx?v=&q=259646
They're so lame.

If the twist ends up being any one of those things it's just the same old disappointing stuff. A secret room, a relationship and HM powers have been done to no end.

What are the chances they'll be somewhat original this year?

OKAY! So... I've spent the last couple of nights putting THIS together!

It is my own version of the Twist promo, combining elements of both the old Channel 10 style promos with the fun nature of Channel 9's promos. I tried to make it look as believable as possible and I attempted to create something that'd draw people's attention, especially if it included some BB nostalgia.

[video=youtube;0N5JtHFoUQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N5JtHFoUQo[/video]

Thoughts? :)

That's better than the one they put out by a long way!
Thanks.

I wanted to prove a point that they could have also been just that little bit more creative with it, even if they had to use old footage.

Back