Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

Yeah, that's what I went looking for.

This is what I got instead -
EGG_POACHER_2__80409_1351814168_1280_1280.jpg

And I just tried that microwave method JG recommended - worked beautifully, except too hard yolks, I can fiddle with the timing I hope & the cup needs to be right I think.

I didn't get it perfect first time either re: the yolks [MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION], I am super picky and need runny yolks and have perfected it now (forcthe most part) so keep practicing.

I didn't get it perfect first time either re: the yolks [MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION], I am super picky and need runny yolks and have perfected it now (forcthe most part) so keep practicing.

Thanks for this advice, JG, it looks to be the easiest/quickest/best ever method - and yeah I am just going to get a dozen shit eggs and practice until we get the thing right.
It's also fun - glass next so I can see what is going on.
I like how it comes out round, they look nicer than the flying saucer shaped ones.

First food in over a week that wasn't cereal or pasta and cheese! Tonight I had some chicken, chips, gravy and cucumber. 2014 is off to a cracking start, 5 days in before something green (that wasn't a lolly) passed my lips.

Last edited:
I've got some of those poach pockety cup things too. Not so successful for me. I love poached eggs but usually get someone else to make them for me ... mine just don't work. I will try the mug method too :)

Dinner.jpg

That was my dinner, actually that is all I've been eating in the last 4 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I've lost 2 and a half cm off my waist.

Last edited:
That's impressive for just 4 days [MENTION=34449]Inigo Montoya[/MENTION]! What exactly is on that plate? I recognise most items, but they are definitely not things that feature regularly in my life, if at all. I probably should just copy all of your meals, but this might be pushing it.

On the plate there is 1 carrot cut up into sticks, 1 stick of celery cut length wise down the middle then cut into bit size bits, I side of a red capsicum cut up, 5 slices of cucumber, a small hand full of unsalted peanuts ( I bought them in the shell to make it harder for me to just go and snack on them whenever I want), a large hand full of spinach and 5 squares of cheese.

I must warn you that the celery has taken some time to get used to eating, I usually have a mouth full of different things at a time to hide the taste of the celery and spinach. Oh and also for breakfast I have 2 boiled eggs, you know for the protein.

Considering what I know about your diet yes this would be pushing it, :) I find that I get a little light headed during the day (probably from not eating carbs) and a slight headache, but that might be from the heat.

Last edited:
I've got some of those poach pockety cup things too. Not so successful for me. I love poached eggs but usually get someone else to make them for me ... mine just don't work. I will try the mug method too :)

I don't eat poached eggs, but I've heard from lots of people that it gives them diarrhoea.
Is it like that for you?

That's commitment [MENTION=34449]Inigo Montoya[/MENTION].

I know, but it has been hard. I live with my parents and because I am normally home before they are, most nights I make dinner. Tonight I made burritos for them while I had what is pictured above. I Have a walk in pantry and usually the door is left open, but now I've had to close it because there is too much temptation in there.

I know, but it has been hard. I live with my parents and because I am normally home before they are, most nights I make dinner. Tonight I made burritos for them while I had what is pictured above. I Have a walk in pantry and usually the door is left open, but now I've had to close it because there is too much temptation in there.

I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day from last week. I wanted to make up for the Christmas and new year parties. I've been going through so much tea lately to keep the snacking under wraps. But I find it easier to distract myself, maybe get out of the house for a bit? I read avocado kills hunger pangs- some article I read in the last day or so.

I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day from last week. I wanted to make up for the Christmas and new year parties. I've been going through so much tea lately to keep the snacking under wraps. But I find it easier to distract myself, maybe get out of the house for a bit? I read avocado kills hunger pangs- some article I read in the last day or so.

I've put on a bit of weight over Christmas (like most people do LOL) and this "diet" is hopefully going to get me back down to my original weight, I plan to do it for 3 weeks. I think in the last 4 days I've had maybe 20 cups of green tea, it really does help. Hmmm I might have to get some avocado tomorrow, but I would usually eat that on toast and now I am not eating carbs. I might make dip with it and have it with carrot sticks. Yes not being at home might also help a bit as well. Good luck with your 1200 calories a day. I actually am really confused about the recommended amount of carbs a person should eat, where ever I look it is always a different amount.

I've put on a bit of weight over Christmas (like most people do LOL) and this "diet" is hopefully going to get me back down to my original weight, I plan to do it for 3 weeks. I think in the last 4 days I've had maybe 20 cups of green tea, it really does help. Hmmm I might have to get some avocado tomorrow, but I would usually eat that on toast and now I am not eating carbs. I might make dip with it and have it with carrot sticks. Yes not being at home might also help a bit as well. Good luck with your 1200 calories a day. I actually am really confused about the recommended amount of carbs a person should eat, where ever I look it is always a different amount.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fo...ller-after-lunch/story-fneuz8zj-1226799973856

If you wanted to read it. I love avocado with tomato and lemon juice as a dip. Simple and boring but so good with celery sticks. And since your not a fan of it, you may prefer it this way to.

I want to download an app where it can do all the work and I just have to put down what I consume and from there I could work out how to change what I eat. Btw three weeks? Bloody hell, that's gotta be tough! Hope your energy levels are keeping up. Good luck to your diet too

Wow, well done [MENTION=34449]Inigo Montoya[/MENTION]. It's one thing to stick to this routine, but quite another to still prepare delicious food for other people and not eat it... I don't think I could ever do that.

Re: carbs, there are so many conflicting reports out there. Sugar has kind of replaced carbs as the bad guy these days anyway. I think at the end of the day you need to eat with what suits your macro and everyone is going to be slightly different. I generally trust whatever my mum days about food and I know for an obese person wanting to lose weight she would recommend close to zero carbs for a few weeks as well as sticking to 1200 calories, but anyone else she would say complex carbohydrates are fine. Maybe not like a big bowl of pasta right before you go to bed, but she says you should worry less about what time you eat and instead worry about what you eat. If you are meeting all of your macronutrients and not excessively exceeding your calorie quotient, then it doesn't really matter if you eat right before you go to bed. Just her opinion though, there is so much science out there to back up each claim so be wary.

[MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION] - are you talking about My Fitness Pal? Its a pretty good app. I don't count calories or even my macros, but I do know it is a pretty good way to keep a food and exercise diary. Its not 100% accurate, but my sister has very specific requirements she likes to meet because her diet is so restricted, and she loves it. I did it once but, surprise surprise, it said my diet sucked.

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION], yeah I was talking about that app. I was told about it by one of the mothers in daycare. I haven't downloaded it, but I think I will. Knowing what you eat, I'm not surprised at all that the app thinks you have a terrible diet :p I'm glad that it will help stick to my calories, but I'm not entirely sure I care about the food I should eat. I already know what works for me and I like food too much to not enjoy it. Example, I love having Vienna bread With caramelised balsamic and dukkah every now and again. I will even scrap having a proper lunch or dinner, or eat the tiniest portion. I love simple foods like that. Some nights I just eat rocket with olives and Greek yoghurt in a wrap. I don't pay too much attention to the carb rule really, as I know I don't overdo it, but I want to enjoy eating well not hate it and binge on rubbish. That's the only reason Im hesitant about using the app. Maybe I could just ignore the rest of the features on the app and just use the calorie counter.

Btw, how has the green juice been treating you? The last time you enjoyed it, over it yet?

It seems like a pretty way to keep a food diary, [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION]. I don't think the macronutrients are completely accurate, but for calories it is pretty good. Like anything though, not 100% precise.

Green juice was of course very short lived. Actually that one surprisingly tasty one was a one-off, but that is my own doing. My 15 year old brother made me one the other week, but I honestly couldn't get it down. His was a bit too vegetable-y tasting, unlike my sisters.

I won't even tell you about my dinner tonight, you & Inigo would not approve! Even by my own standards it is incredibly unhealthy.

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION] Please tell me what you had, I'm going to live through you until I am back to normal eating.

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION] Please tell me what you had, I'm going to live through you until I am back to normal eating.

Haha, I don't think you will be craving my dinner somehow. Someone gave me a bag of m&m's and I started to eat some, and they became my dinner. I may consider having some fruit to counterbalance it. Seriously, you know something is unhealthy when I even I question it.

Back