Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION], you're crazy! Its so hot I don't even care for food today, I just want ice blocks, water, smoothies, fruit... Anything that can hydrate my body and is refreshing. All day I've only had a salad with salmon, lots of water and fruit. I actually don't want dinner. I've decided I want that watermelon sitting in my fridge. I am having a pure blonde beer atm. It's the night for one I think. Btw I did make dinner (topside steak and salad), which my hubby enjoyed. But wasn't tempted, not even a bit. Only you can have the unhealthiest dinner on the hottest day lol.

Too bad about the green juicing. We will have to find another way for you to get healthy

Edit: you had m&ms for dinner? Look I gotta say, I was thinking worse lol. But you've got to be thirsty!

[MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION] I have eaten so many ice blocks today! Actually I'd say my diet today is 100% sugar, which isn't good.

In this weather, most food is so unappealing. Salad would probably do the trick, not really my favourite meal though.

I am indeed especially thirsty. Actually, you might appreciate this much, I have been drinking fruit infused water. I have this cool water bottle where you put the fruit in the middle in a seperate chamber, and it flavours the water. I drink very little water and rarely eat fruit, so this is a pretty good step in the right direction. I'm currently drinking berry & mint flavoured water - water and fruit nutrients, who would have guessed? Although I think I'd prefer a Pure Blonde...

[MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION] I have eaten so many ice blocks today! Actually I'd say my diet today is 100% sugar, which isn't good.

In this weather, most food is so unappealing. Salad would probably do the trick, not really my favourite meal though.

I am indeed especially thirsty. Actually, you might appreciate this much, I have been drinking fruit infused water. I have this cool water bottle where you put the fruit in the middle in a seperate chamber, and it flavours the water. I drink very little water and rarely eat fruit, so this is a pretty good step in the right direction. I'm currently drinking berry & mint flavoured water - water and fruit nutrients, who would have guessed? Although I think I'd prefer a Pure Blonde...

That sounds so refreshing and something I'd love! Where did you get that water bottle from if I may ask? I love that combo btw. That's a great way to get the nutrients from fruit and hydrate your body. Well pure blonde is better calorie wise than other beers... So... Lol

That sounds so refreshing and something I'd love! Where did you get that water bottle from if I may ask? I love that combo btw. That's a great way to get the nutrients from fruit and hydrate your body. Well pure blonde is better calorie wise than other beers... So... Lol

My mum actually bought it for me online, I'm not sure exactly where but the brand is just Fruit Infusers I think. It's rather cool I have to say, and it's pretty and pink. I have seen similar water jugs at places like K-Mart and Big W, they might be better anyway as they have a much larger capacity, the bottle doesn't really hold that much.

When I was very young, like around 2 years old, this was as close as store bought juice or cordial as I ever got. My mum would always stew fruit and then she would refrigerate the cooking water for me to drink. Eventually I got corrupted and discovered juice, cordial and soft drink and I never looked back. But this gives me hope.

Maybe I will have a Pure Blonde. It would be good to have something other than sugar...

I fucking hate my parents right now (not really, but I am just angry in general). I made them pasta and my dad brought home garlic bread, not the stock standard woolies brand, but this really nice brand that I really love.
I think 3 weeks is perhaps a bit long to continue eating this way. [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION] that is how I make avocado dip except I add crushed garlic to it. Thanks for the article, I'm going to get an avo tomorrow.

My mum actually bought it for me online, I'm not sure exactly where but the brand is just Fruit Infusers I think. It's rather cool I have to say, and it's pretty and pink. I have seen similar water jugs at places like K-Mart and Big W, they might be better anyway as they have a much larger capacity, the bottle doesn't really hold that much.

When I was very young, like around 2 years old, this was as close as store bought juice or cordial as I ever got. My mum would always stew fruit and then she would refrigerate the cooking water for me to drink. Eventually I got corrupted and discovered juice, cordial and soft drink and I never looked back. But this gives me hope.

Maybe I will have a Pure Blonde. It would be good to have something other than sugar...
Thank you! I might go past k mart after I go to Coles tonight and see if they have it. I admit, I don't like water all that much, I prefer it with lemon or something. People say that water taste like nothing, but I disagree. There is hope for you yet jessy girl.

If it's not sugar for you, it's carbs :p go on have a pure blonde, it's actually lovely in this heat.

I fucking hate my parents right now (not really, but I am just angry in general). I made them pasta and my dad brought home garlic bread, not the stock standard woolies brand, but this really nice brand that I really love.
I think 3 weeks is perhaps a bit long to continue eating this way. [MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION] that is how I make avocado dip except I add crushed garlic to it. Thanks for the article, I'm going to get an avo tomorrow.

Bet you wish you had an avo huh lol, it would have curbed your hunger for that garlic bread ;) I do feel your pain though, the aroma from the bread is intoxicating and it lingers. If you get through this, and that's a big if, you deserve to treat yourself after all this.

Btw, I won't try putting garlic in my avo dip. I will be belching non stop if I do

We have been living on watermelon, and fruit salad.
With a bit of take away, here and there, chips and onion rings - didn't appeal to me.

Can't eat enough watermelon, thankfully bought a whole one Monday. Thank god for juicy fruits. Melons, pineapple, grapes.

That fruit infuser sounds like something I need to check out.

I am sitting in my swimsuit right now, is the change here yet? Time to check again

Today I have had zooper doopers, cornflakes and half a slice of leftover pizza. The heat just kills me, I've hardly eaten anything the past few days. I had a boost yesterday though, it was pretty nice. I think I'm going to try and get into smoothies to get fruit down, I had a strawberry and banana one that was really nice. Also, soup, my HM made a soup and blended all these veggies and lentils together to a soup and it was...I won't say nice, but edible.

Today I have had zooper doopers, cornflakes and half a slice of leftover pizza. The heat just kills me, I've hardly eaten anything the past few days. I had a boost yesterday though, it was pretty nice. I think I'm going to try and get into smoothies to get fruit down, I had a strawberry and banana one that was really nice. Also, soup, my HM made a soup and blended all these veggies and lentils together to a soup and it was...I won't say nice, but edible.

Hi twin, I have also been subsisting almost entirely upon zooper dopers the past few days, I would hate to think how many I have eaten today alone. Funnily enough I have also had some edible soup. My parents have this soup machine (they are worse than I am with hoarding appliances) and its actually pretty cool, just cooks and blends the ingredients. So i used that the other day and the soup was made almost entirely of vegetables which is not my typical MO but I was able to eat it all. I couldn't do it every day, but here and there seems vaguely possible. Not in this weather though!

[MENTION=34226]jessy_girl[/MENTION], someone in our house was keeping a tally (because they were disappearing so fast. I had 7, plus half a frozen yoghurt stick thingy.

That soup thing sounds cool! I could eat soup more when it's cooler, maybe once a week...or fortnight. Liquid based seems to be the way to go when such things as veggies and pulses are involved. I'm looking into a rice cooker, because apparently you can cook all sorts in those and rice and tuna is a staple for me, along with pasta and tuna, although more often than not I ditch the tuna and just have rice with tomato sauce or pasta with cheese...oops.

I tried lychee the other day and really liked them, so I got some more of those. Hey fruit! I'm getting to like you more. Strawberries, Mango, raspberries and lychee are all super nice.

We have been living on watermelon, and fruit salad.
With a bit of take away, here and there, chips and onion rings - didn't appeal to me.

Can't eat enough watermelon, thankfully bought a whole one Monday. Thank god for juicy fruits. Melons, pineapple, grapes.

That fruit infuser sounds like something I need to check out.

I am sitting in my swimsuit right now, is the change here yet? Time to check again

Watermelon is the ultimate fruit in summer. I love it that much! I'll have it for dinner too. Actually I remember nigella Lawson mixed feta cheese and mint leaves with it as a salad. Should try that I think.

I checked my local Kmart and they didn't have that if user, so off to big w tomorrow. They may have the jug, but I want the water bottle too, so I may have to buy online.

Tonight's dinner was alcohol and maccas afterwards. No judging! It was a night with my beautitudes :p

I can't find the fruity drink things, none in kmarts, just ones with ice sticks.

But I bought some coconut water to see what this craze is all about, and so now coconuts are good for you?
Thought they have too much saturated fat - love coconut milk & cream in cooking, but it was supposed to be bad for you?
Has the science changed, or is just the water good stuff???

Food is confusing with all this super food shit, and weird almonds.

What do you eat in all this heat? Our appetites have just gone.

But at least I was more prepared this time, lots of cooked meat ready to go with salads. A gypsy ham, a cooked chook, etc.
Icecreams/icey poles, drinks all ready - and it's mostly these, and watermelon going.
The ham is being eaten, in dribs and drabs.

And coconut water is disgusting, anyone drinking that shit needs their head read.

What do you eat in all this heat? Our appetites have just gone.

But at least I was more prepared this time, lots of cooked meat ready to go with salads. A gypsy ham, a cooked chook, etc.
Icecreams/icey poles, drinks all ready - and it's mostly these, and watermelon going.
The ham is being eaten, in dribs and drabs.

And coconut water is disgusting, anyone drinking that shit needs their head read.

Hahahahaha YES!!!!!!
I don't understand the new phase with this thing. Water will always be better and with a squeeze of lemon in there, it's perfect!

In this heat I eat avocado and marinated feta salads. I love salads, especially when I add a fruit in there for tastes. My fave dressing is a home made mustard seed dressing with balsamic. If lazy though I tend to just not eat. Yes it's bad, but I do t have an appetite in this weather. I just want to drink and drink some more

Hahahahaha YES!!!!!!
I don't understand the new phase with this thing. Water will always be better and with a squeeze of lemon in there, it's perfect!

In this heat I eat avocado and marinated feta salads. I love salads, especially when I add a fruit in there for tastes. My fave dressing is a home made mustard seed dressing with balsamic. If lazy though I tend to just not eat. Yes it's bad, but I do t have an appetite in this weather. I just want to drink and drink some more

Exactly.

But then every now and again, I feel a bit weak and empty, after maybe 3 days - more likely a week of fluids and watermelon.
That's why I got the protein ready this time, and we have just nibbled at it. I keep forgetting fish/tuna. That is next, tuna salad is awesome - many kinds, no cooking, pure goodness.

I love tuna and mayo, and other stuff with lettuce. And tuna and tabouleh is fantastic.

We tried to eat properly last night, salad, ham, etc. And we both just snacked/picked at it, over hours.

That coconut water thing, so it's supposed to have all these good things in it that is good for you - but it sounds like bullshit and a ripoff to me, and it has no coconut taste.

Cool change has arrived, heaven.

Baba's Pierogi

1 and 1/2 cup water
1 egg
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
1 lge onion, chopped
3 cup mashed potatoes, still warm or reheated in microwave
3 tbsp vegetable oil
4 and 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 cup grated cheddar or tasty cheese, preferably older cheese but doesn't matter
2 clean tea towels

<<snip to fit>>>

Tips: If you put too much filling in that the dough becomes see-through in spots (which I do quite often as sometimes a tsp seems too small), chances are the pierogi will burst when boiling so just take a bit of filling out and reseal. And don't try to take a short cut by rolling out large amounts of the dough at once as it dries out quickly once it hits the air unexposed. Please let me know how you go and if you like them if you try the recipe! :)

Mrs B!! I finally made these over the long weekend! The filling was really yum, I helped myself while I was filling the little rounds - exhibit a)IMG_20140126_183222.jpg They were sealing well, no breaks etc, but I had a heap of left over potato, so I was starting to wonder if I've rolled them out thin enough. Anyhoo I boiled them & the rose to the top & weren't leaking/busting open so I had high hopes - exhibit b)IMG_20140126_185514.jpg Then I fried a couple to test, and well, there are no pic's cos my feeling was right, I hadn't rolled them anywhere near thin enough & they were ruined ;( *BUT* I shall be making these again! Mr Coop had a taste test & could see how nice they could be had I of gotten the outside right. I shall keep you posted for attempt 2 :)

Exactly.

But then every now and again, I feel a bit weak and empty, after maybe 3 days - more likely a week of fluids and watermelon.
That's why I got the protein ready this time, and we have just nibbled at it. I keep forgetting fish/tuna. That is next, tuna salad is awesome - many kinds, no cooking, pure goodness.

I love tuna and mayo, and other stuff with lettuce. And tuna and tabouleh is fantastic.

We tried to eat properly last night, salad, ham, etc. And we both just snacked/picked at it, over hours.

That coconut water thing, so it's supposed to have all these good things in it that is good for you - but it sounds like bullshit and a ripoff to me, and it has no coconut taste.

Cool change has arrived, heaven.

After reading this yesterday, I went out and bought a couple of tuna cans and will be having a tuna salad for lunch. Hope the work colleagues don't mind the smell though.

For dinner last night I ate grilled chicken breast which was lathered in lemon juice and garlic with leafy greens and pine nuts on the side.

I've also realised that I haven't had breakfast for the last two to three weeks and going straight into lunch (if I have lunch or I go straight into dinner as my first and only meal of the day). These days I'm just snacking on almonds, walnuts, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juices. My mother in law thinks I'm trying to starve myself, she just doesn't get that food isn't appealing atm.

I can't wait for the coconut water thing to die out.

After reading this yesterday, I went out and bought a couple of tuna cans and will be having a tuna salad for lunch. Hope the work colleagues don't mind the smell though.

For dinner last night I ate grilled chicken breast which was lathered in lemon juice and garlic with leafy greens and pine nuts on the side.

I've also realised that I haven't had breakfast for the last two to three weeks and going straight into lunch (if I have lunch or I go straight into dinner as my first and only meal of the day). These days I'm just snacking on almonds, walnuts, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juices. My mother in law thinks I'm trying to starve myself, she just doesn't get that food isn't appealing atm.

I can't wait for the coconut water thing to die out.

Tabouleh from Charcoal Chicken mixed with tuna = perfect and healthy meal, and all you have to do is open and mix.
Charcoal Chicken places in Melbourne make great tabouleh, with Italian parsley, has to be this bigger leaf/flat leaf parsley, the other curly shit is vile and bitter.
Of course middle eastern eateries make nice versions too.

Back