Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

pecan

Awesome site donor
The "What's for dinner?" thread part 2. :)

I had some yummy liver and onions. Bit peckish again though.

I love liver!! Haven't cooked it for ages because offal grosses Hubby out.

Liver = ick.

Tonight it's going to be club sandwiches as per special request :) I love it when someone requests something for dinner so I don't have to think about it. :)

groan.
*shudder* memories of the texture of liver in my mouth.

I hate the texture too. (I had never tasted liver or kidneys until I was into my late 20's)

I know - it's a little pathetic given that I am a carnivore - but to me, offal is awful!

Tonight we had a roasted fillet of beef, with roasted potatoes, beans & bernaise sauce.

The (new) manager at work keeps bringing in veggies and bread from his fathers supermarket. It's a pain in the ass because A. we aren't supposed to use any non approved suppliers and B. the stuff is ... a little iffy quality wise - his father is dumping it for a reason. Also the amounts he brings in are ridiculous and we can't store them properly.

Anyway, in the cool room this morning was a gigantic tub of baby spinach. I used some for salads and got the afternoon cook to use some with the pumpkin and chuck in some feta.

So. Dinner tonight is roasted pumpkin mashed up with feta and baby spinach. And chorizo.

The tub doesn't even look like its been touched and it takes up too much space. It's really fcuking annoying.

The (new) manager at work keeps bringing in veggies and bread from his fathers supermarket. It's a pain in the ass because A. we aren't supposed to use any non approved suppliers and B. the stuff is ... a little iffy quality wise - his father is dumping it for a reason. Also the amounts he brings in are ridiculous and we can't store them properly.

Lol. Bread and butter pudding? The oldies would probably love it.

Anyway, in the cool room this morning was a gigantic tub of baby spinach. I used some for salads and got the afternoon cook to use some with the pumpkin and chuck in some feta.

So. Dinner tonight is roasted pumpkin mashed up with feta and baby spinach. And chorizo.

The tub doesn't even look like its been touched and it takes up too much space. It's really fcuking annoying.

I'm not up on food and safety regulations, would you be allowed to freeze it?

No, we aren't supposed to take any food at all from a non approved supplier. Everything he brings (in his non approved car) could potentially contaminate other food in the kitchen. Plus, the quality isn't so good.

And the oldies already get bread and butter pudding from our regular stale bread - we don't need extra stale bread. :)

Cost cutting?? Disgusting if so. Even if it's to justify cost cutting in the future. "you buy too much cut back and use the freebies"

If you've not bitched constantly to your workmates about this shady practice consider making an anonymous report to the health people.

Tonight is pork loin with lemon pepper seasoning, kipfler potatoes (roasted probably) and salad with big fat juicy red red tomatoes. :)

Chicken, sundried tomatoes and camembert in Turkish bread rolls (in the sandwich press).

Also cooked roast lamb with mashed potatoes & beans (yes, the boys are home!)

Last night I made chicken schnitzels (using Panko bread crumbs - they are so much nicer) and chips which was an amazing accomplishment because I was kind of pissed after visiting my friend Di. :)

Back