Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that quote about the Milo stuff. I thought it was funny back then how inigo was going on about people being too sensitive when she is one of the most sensitive people I know. And by that i mean that whenever i talked to her i always felt like i had to be careful what i said with her in case she had a tantrum. So for her to go on about sensitive cucks or whatever was quite amusing to me.

I still do like her though. Sorry. I still feel some loyalty to her. But I can see her faults.

and i'm still hoping that she doesn't still believe in that right wing stuff. hoping, but of course no idea if is true or not. but i like to believe the best of people, until they cross a line.

off topic thread to me is a place where you can put your thoughts down that are irrelevant to the other threads. it could be linear, creative, abstract, or anything at all.

Reactions: kxk
off topic thread to me is a place where you can put your thoughts down that are irrelevant to the other threads. it could be linear, creative, abstract, or anything at all.

I thought your response would be similar to what you have posted, and I think perhaps that is how other posters do not view OT...

It is, I believe, regarded as a basic chat thread - come and talk with me about what I am talking about......chit/chat

Your creative views, input, poems, etc are not considered as part of the ongoing chat, you are viewed as a disruptive attention seeker for going off off topic....
I just see you as a kind of Shakespeare character, ie the very clever fool, hey nonny nonny.......he is there to distract
And I love Shakespeare, and all that fantasy stuff you do.....I find sweet and fun, others maybe not so fond of the Bard and his comedies of error, all Much Ado About Nothing...they hate, and I love.....

Sigh no more, ladies, sigh nor more;
Men were deceivers ever;
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never;
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny;
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into. Hey nonny, nonny.

Sing no more ditties, sing no mo,
Or dumps so dull and heavy;
The fraud of men was ever so,
Since summer first was leavy.
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into. Hey, nonny, nonny.
Do you read Shakespeare????

Anyone who wants to write, should read Shakespeare, the greatest writer of all time, teaches SO MUCH

With a hey, and a ho, and a hey-nonny-no,
For love is all perfection
In the springtime, the only proper wedding time,
The time when birds sing, Hey ding-a-ding-ding.
Sweet lovers love the spring.
So seize the present time,
With a hey, and a ho, and a hey-nonny-no,
For love is all perfection
In the springtime, the only proper wedding time,
The time when birds sing, Hey ding-a-ding-ding.
Sweet lovers love the spring.

TOUCHSTONE
Really, young men, though it wasn’t a very hard song to get right, the music was still all out of tune.

TOUCHSTONE
Oh, yes you did—I lost time listening to your foolish song. God be with you, and I hope He fixes your voices! Come on, Audrey.

You see, this is how posters feel when you go hey nonnying

......This is Shakespeare simplified, for the real thing go here....http://nfs.sparknotes.com/asyoulikeit/page_222.html

NO FEAR SHAKESPEARE
No Fear Shakespeare puts Shakespeare's language side-by-side with a facing-page translation into modern English—the kind of English people actually speak today.

Do you read poetry, literary classics, philosophy????Anything difficult?

What Shakespeare did you study?

Has no writing study ever used Shakespeare as a teaching tool?
IE, for example....

Hamlet
To be, or not to be

How perfect is that, is it better to be alive or dead, it is his suicide he ponders

The first part of the entire speech is

HAMLET
To be, or not to be? That is the question—
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And, by opposing, end them? To die, to sleep—
No more—and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to—’tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished! To die, to sleep.
To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there’s the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There’s the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.

IN PLAIN MODERN ENGLISH
HAMLET
The question is: is it better to be alive or dead? Is it nobler to put up with all the nasty things that luck throws your way, or to fight against all those troubles by simply putting an end to them once and for all? Dying, sleeping—that’s all dying is—a sleep that ends all the heartache and shocks that life on earth gives us—that’s an achievement to wish for. To die, to sleep—to sleep, maybe to dream. Ah, but there’s the catch: in death’s sleep who knows what kind of dreams might come, after we’ve put the noise and commotion of life behind us. That’s certainly something to worry about. That’s the consideration that makes us stretch out our sufferings so long.

More here http://nfs.sparknotes.com/hamlet/page_140.html

Last edited:
i like reading cozy mystery books, they can be enjoyable. but i don't read anything difficult because it is probably a bit too smart for me. reading those classic books can make my head hurt.

Yet you have to.......if you really want to write.....you have to push yourself

I have to go, goodnight, sweet dreams, see ya later....and talk more about literature and writing perhaps:)

i'll get some books from the library tomorrow. give me some recommendations and i'll read them.

and i always thought Shakespeare was meant to be watched rather than read so you can hear the language?

i'm off to the library to get difficult books for me to read. so that i can become a better writer. though i think i should pay more attention to the subtext of the writing rather than the writing itself because of course no one writes like it's 1865 anymore.

by that i mean look at how the books are constructed, the meaning behind the text, and how the authors create solid three dimensional characters that fit into the context of their story.

of course not reepbot you idiot, you fool. now get going.

got hamlet from the library. i hope it i good. or not.

of course it will be good. now read it now!

not yet, maybe another time.

fine. now let us conduct these collars in the orchestra.

what orchestra?

exactly.

Toastmasters sooon with all new pathways. which is a new of making progress in your club, or clubs.

public speaking is a lost art.

i honestly feel that doing toastmasters has helped me develop my writing way more than reading some dusty old booooks!

though i do enjoy reading, but i will read the classic books and poems.

I would recommend Shakespeare's Sonnets to start @reepbot, not as complicated, very beautiful
And the Link I provided with Hamlet quote.....you can read all of Shakespeare's works there free, and with modern English versions alongside if you need it

The language of the plays is poetry, so reads beautifully as well as plays beautifully. I used to listen to recordings of the plays when I was in high school. I am part geek, part rebel:) So I was sneaking out getting drunk at 14, reading Shakepseare
Studying King Lear changed my life.....I used to call Mum Lear, my evil twin sisters Goneril and Reagen - nasty sisters/daughters in the play, and it gave me relief, and they never knew what it meant.

Lear and Romeo & Juliet are my favourites..............and Hamlet for just the speeches
So many modern stories are based on Shakespeare plots and characters - thus the writing study.
He also covers every single human emotion.
Read the Romeo & Juliet, prologue and final speech they are beyond beautiful, give me shivers.

And.....what about the Greeks? Have you studied/read any of the Greek classics?
The plays?
Homer? THE FIRST NOVEL

For a good reading list, writing education check out ENGLISH LITERATURE degree lists, creative writing lists
CURTIN UNI, WA, is well advanced in writing degrees, and TIM WINTON is an alumni.

I did a couple of subjects there, amazing, difficult, entire history of Western literature.....
Begins with Bible, then Greeks.....and so on

What are you studying exactly?

Are you aware of how the English language has evolved and has been expressed?

I find it very odd you are not transfixed by Shakespeare, are you not aware.....?????

tumblr_lqx1trc0dv1qbvyrlo1_500_custom-c5b9afbef1bcd2a11ba8864caff3a75dcd65734a-s800-c85.jpg

You can do this fun exercise to check how Shakespeare-ish your writing is here

Update: How Shakespearean Are You?

Reader, J Connolly, points to a wonderful tool from Oxford Press. It's a "How Shakespearean are you?" meter. In it you copy and paste some text into the tool, then "your words will be compared with all the words used by Shakespeare in his plays and our verdict will be delivered on its Shakespearean content."

Click here
https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/08/26/how-shakespearean-are-you/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back