Skip to main content

Weird and Wacky News Stories

Locals say the most terrifying aspect is that spiders appear in swarms and their behavior is highly aggressive.
"It leaps at anything that comes close. Some of the victims claimed the spider latched on to them after biting. If that is so, it needs to be dealt with carefully. The chelicerae and fangs of this critter are quite powerful

That's the bit that creeps me out. I don't have any major issue with spiders, but when they start hanging out in gangs and being aggressive .... eww

"It leaps at anything that comes close. Some of the victims claimed the spider latched on to them after biting.

Sounds like the dreaded "Camel Spider" which ain't a spider at all ...

This one is called "Julia" and it is doing its thang to a things called "the economy", "Oztralia" and "our children's future". :D

[youtubevid]JRbgsCLaAQY[/youtubevid]

Here are our allies trying to sort it out:

[youtubevid]_k5j6IuHGxA[/youtubevid]

And here are "we the downtrodden, lied to, and utterly disrespected and ripped off people" doing what needs to be done ASAP at The Polls.

[youtubevid]VIX0EBurrJg[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Locals say the most terrifying aspect is that spiders appear in swarms and their behavior is highly aggressive.
"It leaps at anything that comes close. Some of the victims claimed the spider latched on to them after biting. If that is so, it needs to be dealt with carefully. The chelicerae and fangs of this critter are quite powerful

That's the bit that creeps me out. I don't have any major issue with spiders, but when they start hanging out in gangs and being aggressive .... eww

Arrgghhhhhhhh!!!!! Just AARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *gets paper bag to breathe in*

Cats away! Artist turns his dead pet into flying helicopter after it is killed by a car

Many animal lovers find it hard to part with their pets when they die.

So when cat Orville, named after the famous aviator Orville Wright, was run over by a car, his artist owner decided to turn him into a permanent piece of artwork as the ultimate tribute by transforming him into a flying helicopter.

Dutch artist Bart Jansen first stuffed Orville before teaming up with radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman to build a specially-designed flying mechanism to attach to the cat.

article-2154283-136ED7F3000005DC-412_634x412.jpg

article-2154283-136ED20D000005DC-456_634x439.jpg

article-2154283-136EC5F7000005DC-624_634x454.jpg

The end result, named the Orvillecopter, is now on show at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam where visitors can watch Orville flying for themselves.

Jansen said the Orvillecopter is 'half cat, half machine', and part of a visual art project to pay tribute to his cat Orville.

Jansen, part of the art cooperative Generaal Pardon, said: 'After a period of mourning he received his propellers posthumously.'

He added that Orville will soon be 'flying with the birds' stating: 'Oh how he loved birds. He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight.'

article-2154283-136EE5C9000005DC-120_634x423.jpg

article-2154283-136ECE9E000005DC-229_634x423.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-dead-pet-flying-helicopter-killed-car.html

That is tacky with a capital T.

I hate it when stuff like this is called "art".

Cats away! Artist turns his dead pet into flying helicopter after it is killed by a car

LOLOLOLOLOL

Note to self. "Get my Will changed giving permission to LSCP and numba1son to do something similar with my body after I've finished driving it and the Real Me has left it behind".

"Tan me hide when I've died, Clyde !"

[youtubevid]fd14NxZuvGg[/youtubevid]

regarDS

MISS USA PAGEANTS: THE MOST QUESTIONABLE ANSWERS

Lauren Caitlin Upton, South Carolina, Miss Teen USA 2007

Q: Why are a fifth of Americans unable to locate the U.S. on a world map?

A: 'I personally believe U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nations don't have maps. And I believe that our education - in South Africa and The Iraq - over here in the U.S. should help South Africa and The Iraq and the Asian countries to build up our education to improve our future for the children.'

Lindsey Jo Harrington, Miss Oklahoma, Miss USA 2008

Q: If you could help one famous person to better themselves, who would you pick and how would you help them?

A: 'I'd have to pick Britney Spears. I'd like to help her believe in herself and get her over whatever she's going through right now so she can strive on to the next deal.'

Carrie Prejean, Miss California, Miss USA 2009

Q: Do you believe every U.S. state should legalise same-sex marriage?

A: 'I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman.'

Sanja Papic, Miss Serbia and Montenegro, Miss Universe 2003

Q: If you could be either water or fire, which would you be and why?

A: 'Well, I'm a human being and I don't know how is it to be a fire or a water, and from that reason I really don't have an answer on this question because I'm a human being.'

Jeanie Anderson, Miss Philippines pageant, 2001

Q: Would you rather be beautiful but not too smart or very smart and not too beautiful?

A: Can you repeat the question?

[After question is repeated] I'd rather choose to be beautiful - it's natural. You can learn from a lot of things to be smart.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ker-character-Pretty-Woman.html#ixzz1wts6b8SN

Bear euthanised after eating murderer

CANADIAN conservation officers have euthanised a black bear which they think ate the remains of a convicted murderer.
The bear's description matched that of one seen guarding a cache that contained human remains, British Columbia Environment Minister Terry Lake said today.
Lake said the animal was put down because bears remember food sources.
Officials suspect the bear pulled the body of Rory Wagner, 54, from his car after he died on a remote logging road.
Wagner pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1994. He and two others were charged with killing a man who they believed had sexually assaulted a family member. He served his prison time and was released.
Wagner was reported missing on May 23. Police say his death was not suspicious. Hunters found the site last week.
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new.../story-e6frfku0-1226384070441?from=public_rss

Worldwide weird: International Yarn Bombing Day
In Arts & Architecture
05 June 2012 | By Lindsey Galloway

The world will be covered in string this Saturday (9 June) as ambitious knitters celebrate the 2nd annual International Yarn Bombing Day.

A type of street art, yarn bombing involves covering a public structure or form (often benches, pay stations or trees) in crocheted or knitted patterns. Since yarn does not damage property in the same way spray paint might, yarn bombers see their art as a way of reclaiming and beautifying public spaces.

International Yarn Bombing Day.was created last year by Alberta knitter Joann Matvichuk as a way to unite the diverse groups of “guerilla knitters” in cities across the world.

“There is a large concentration of yarn bombers on the West Coast, in cities like Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco and Berkeley,” said Vancouver knitter Leanne Prain, an author who coined the term “yarn bombing” in the book by the same name. “However [the trend] really is all over. I was amazed with how many people joined last year’s event. I heard from people in Europe, Spain and South America.” Last year’s art included handwarmers for a statue in Germany, crochet around a stop sign pole in Michigan, knitted flowers on trees in Nice, France, and hats for street posts in England.

The knitting projects for this year’s celebration are likely well underway, as it can take months to create a covering large enough to surround a big tree or statue. Some taggers knit small cards into their work with a name or website for onlookers to get more information about the artist, but others do the work anonymously, often in the evening or early morning to avoid detection.

More here.

The KKK are such a civic-minded bunch really
bbbarolleyes.gif
:

KKK chapter wants to adopt stretch of Georgia highway
By Nick Valencia, CNN
updated 9:34 PM EDT, Mon June 11, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • "We're doing it to keep the mountains beautiful," Ku Klux Klan group official says
  • The group has applied to the Georgia Department of Transportation
  • State officials are scheduled to discuss the matter Monday
  • If approved, the KKK would clean part of Georgia State Route 515

Atlanta (CNN) -- A North Georgia chapter of the Ku Klux Klan has applied to "adopt" a stretch of highway in Union County, Georgia, according to paperwork obtained by CNN on Monday.

The application, which would allow the white supremacy group to receive state recognition for cleaning up a one-mile portion of a highway, was filed by the International Keystone Knights of the KKK on May 21.

If the Georgia Department of Transportation accepts the application, the KKK would be responsible for cleaning litter on a part of Georgia State Route 515 in the Appalachian Mountains near the North Carolina border.

"All we want to do is adopt a highway," said April Chambers, the chapter's secretary. "We're not doing it for publicity. We're doing it to keep the mountains beautiful. People throwing trash out on the side of the road ... that ain't right."

Jill Goldberg, a Georgia DOT spokeswoman, confirmed the application but said, "the department is deferring comment beyond that, however, until a resolution is determined."

DOT officials will discuss the matter Monday with representatives from the state attorney general's office, she said.

Chambers told CNN she didn't know anything about that meeting but said the group is supposed to meet with the DOT at some point. State Rep. Tyrone Brooks, D-Atlanta, has been working against the group's adoption application, she said.

"We're not racists," Chambers said Monday. "We just want to be with white people. If that's a crime, then I don't know. It's all right to be black and Latino and proud, but you can't be white and proud. I don't understand it."

A similar request in Missouri set off a legal battle that stretched for years and went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. A Ku Klux Klan chapter sought to adopt a portion of Interstate 55. A federal appeals court ruled the state could not bar the KKK from participating in the program, and the high court declined to review the case, letting that ruling stand.

However, the Missouri Department of Transportation eventually kicked the KKK out of the program because members were not picking up trash as agreed, spokesman Bob Brendel said Monday. The state also named the stretch of I-55 after civil rights activist Rosa Parks, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Georgia has been participating in the Adopt-A-Highway program for more than 20 years. The program provides advertising for sponsors who agree to clean a stretch of road on a sign posted along the stretch.

"Any civic-minded organization, business, individual, family, city, county, state, or federal agency is welcome to volunteer in the Georgia Adopt-A-Highway program," the DOT website says.

There is no charge to sponsors, Goldberg said. "We provide the safety vest and materials to collect the trash. We provide what's needed to do the program ... their contribution is the labor."

Chambers said the group is more than 100 strong. "We have a lot of support," she said.

"I don't see why we can't (adopt the stretch of highway)," she said. "Would it be any different if it was the Black Panthers or something? Someone always has some kind of race card."

On its website, the International Keystone Knights of the KKK says it is "fed up with the Federal tyranny and oppression of Reconstruction, and the time was ripe for Clandestine Armed Resistance."

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups, lists the KKK as "the most infamous -- and oldest -- of American hate groups."

"Over the years since it was formed in December 1865, the Klan has typically seen itself as a Christian organization, although in modern times Klan groups are motivated by a variety of theological and political ideologies," the law center's website says.

"We're not a hate group," Chambers insisted Monday. "We don't hate anybody. We're just white people that want to stick with white people. The NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) wants to stick with black people. Just because I'm white, I can't stick with my own group?"

CNN's Bill Mears and Ashley Hayes contributed to this report.

Source.

Back